PDA

View Full Version : I just got my new...

poolplayer1988
07-07-2004, 07:25 PM
Auerbach cue, and I must say it is the most beautiful cue I've ever personally played with. I mean, it's like almost too nice to shoot with, you know? Real ivory inlays and ferrules, flat-faced phenolic joint, irish linen wrap, real points of Amboyna Burl. My wife just brought it to my job so I could open the box and take a look and I was like...WOW! Not that I'm knocking any other cuemaker here, but John Parker has done a great job on this one. If you go to his website at www.auerbachcustomcues.com (http://www.auerbachcustomcues.com) and look at his cue inventory, it's the very top one on the page. SAWEEEEET!!!!

Doug Talbot
"the White Elephant" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BillPorter
07-07-2004, 07:59 PM
It's a beauty!

stickman
07-07-2004, 08:15 PM
Very nice! I wish you many years of enjoyment and pride with your new cue. Mine has been ordered 4wks. I was told 4 to 6 wks, so I hope to have it soon. I didn't have the smack for a fancy cue. I just ordered a 60" plain jane with no points or inlays. When I win a bunch of money with it, I guess I can order the fancy one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

woody_968
07-07-2004, 08:57 PM
WOW!!!

dr_billiards
07-07-2004, 10:03 PM
Nice!

poolplayer1988
07-08-2004, 09:59 AM
Well, guys, here's the skinny. I had a custom cue awhile back, then I got a Fury as my main cue, which played fairly decently, good solid hit. I've been playing the SS-jointed Fury for awhile now, which as you know hits totally different from a cue with a phenolic joint and ivory ferrules. The Auerbach hits great, a good solid feel, but at the same time has a soft hit because it has ivory ferrules with LePro tips that are fiber-backed. Even with the totally different hit from my Fury, I could still run racks with it after a few minutes of getting used to the softer hit. The soft hit is good for me though, because sometimes I have a tendency to over-roll on my shapes unintentionally on fast cloth, then have to get back in line later on position. Once the tips harden up a little and the hit becomes firmer, I think it will hit even better than it does now. It came with two shafts, so tonight I'm going to try the second shaft, which is a tad smaller with a little bit different taper. I'll post tomorrow about the other shaft test-drive.

Doug Talbot
"the White Elephant" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

poolplayer1988
07-08-2004, 10:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> Very nice! I wish you many years of enjoyment and pride with your new cue. Mine has been ordered 4wks. I was told 4 to 6 wks, so I hope to have it soon. I didn't have the smack for a fancy cue. I just ordered a 60" plain jane with no points or inlays. When I win a bunch of money with it, I guess I can order the fancy one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Did you order an Auerbach Stickman? Just curious...

Doug Talbot
"the White Elephant"

stickman
07-08-2004, 12:48 PM
Nope, this is what I ordered.

http://www.seyberts.com/pechauer/jpseries/jp01.htm

I ordered the 60" option, and an everest tip. I have a friend with a jp series cue that I shot with and I really liked it. I don't care for stainless joints. I'm 6'6" and my grip hand normally grips behind the wrap on my present cue. Hopefully the cue will balance better for me.

Pelican
07-08-2004, 12:51 PM
OK, you talked me into it. Just called John and gonna have him make me one of his upper end Sneaky's.

Really enjoyed talking to him. Seems like a hell of a nice fella. Offered to let him bring some cues and put them in my booth at the Gulf Coast Classic in December.

You gonna try and make that one? Here is a link for info:
Gulf Coast Classic (http://www.gradymathews.com/flyer.html)

Wally_in_Cincy
07-08-2004, 01:05 PM
stickman,

That's an awfully nice price on that cue. Enjoy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

poolplayer1988
07-08-2004, 02:15 PM
Good, Pelican, glad to hear it. You know, John guarantees his product to be exactly what you want, which I think is phenomenal. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Don't know if I'll be able to make it down south or not, would be extremely cool though.

Doug Talbot
"the White Elephant"

Pelican
07-08-2004, 02:48 PM
I just want one to try and if it is what I think it is going to be I'll probably get an upper end not to shoot but to put with the collection. He seemed to be impressed when I told him I had two Richard Blacks, one of which is the latest, the 30th Anniversary Cue - #8 of 30.

I also like the fact that he will make a long cue. I'm getting this one 60" but he said he can do up to 63".

Thanks for putting me onto him, later, Pel

stickman
07-08-2004, 03:07 PM
I thought it was also. It should do everything a more elaborate cue of the same series will do. I would have liked a more decorative cue, but I'm on a tight budget, and opted for a simple playing cue. I don't think I'll be unhappy. I'm dying to get it! Thanks. Jim /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jimmy B
07-09-2004, 01:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Pelican:</font><hr> I also like the fact that he will make a long cue. I'm getting this one 60" but he said he can do up to 63".

later, Pel <hr /></blockquote>

Sounds great, but don't try to get a case for a 63 inch cue. Also it's been my experience that longer cues kinda change the hit, for some reason I still like a longer cue??? Just a dumb dumb I guess.

JB

poolplayer1988
07-09-2004, 02:20 PM
As I posted yesterday (I think), I said I was going to take the second shaft for a test drive on Thursday night. I did, and it hits better than the first. As I said earlier, it has a little bit different taper and is a little bit thinner than the first one I tried. Last night, honestly, it completed the cue. It now officially hits super-awesomely. The first shaft, being thicker with the different taper, will probably be relegated to my One Pocket shaft. Or possibly as my second I'm-shooting-like-crap-so-I'm-gonna-try-a-different-shaft shaft. LOL! How many of you other players do that, I wonder? Anyway, shaft is a hair, and I mean a hair, smaller than 13mm, with a longer gradual taper from ferrule back towards the joint. The first shaft has a short taper with an abrupt change about almost half way back to the shaft, which I think changes the hit somewhat also. Anyway, as I said before, I'll be at the US Open, so anybody who cares to take a hit or two with it is welcome, but remember, you damage, you buy! :P /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan
07-09-2004, 03:15 PM
I'm curious, why did you order the cue with two different shaft sizes? If I had two shafts, I think I would want them to play as nearly identical as possible.

SpiderMan

Jimmy B
07-09-2004, 03:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> I'm curious, why did you order the cue with two different shaft sizes? If I had two shafts, I think I would want them to play as nearly identical as possible.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

I can answer why I have done it. I normally do it with resale and investment in mind. I do not run into tip troubles often, I shoot with a Mori Med and they last me at least a year on my *shooting* cue. Most times I change tips just because and not because I need to. So when I order a cue I try to get 1 shaft that is 13+mm this way the cue can be used by anyone, you can never make the shaft bigger, but smaller is always an option. I also never shoot with the other shaft, getting used to 1 shaft is hard enough changing them back and forth is only asking for troubles.

JB

woody_968
07-09-2004, 04:17 PM
I like to have one shaft smaller for snooker /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

poolplayer1988
07-09-2004, 04:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr>I can answer why I have done it. I normally do it with resale and investment in mind. I do not run into tip troubles often, I shoot with a Mori Med and they last me at least a year on my *shooting* cue. Most times I change tips just because and not because I need to. So when I order a cue I try to get 1 shaft that is 13+mm this way the cue can be used by anyone, you can never make the shaft bigger, but smaller is always an option. I also never shoot with the other shaft, getting used to 1 shaft is hard enough changing them back and forth is only asking for troubles. <hr /></blockquote>

Jimmy, You're Psychic, Dude! That's exactly why I did it. Wow, good call man!

Doug Talbot
"the White Elephant"

Jimmy B
07-10-2004, 01:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote poolplayer1988:</font><hr> Jimmy, You're Psychic, Dude! That's exactly why I did it. Wow, good call man!

Doug Talbot
<hr /></blockquote>

I have ESPN ;-)

JB

ceebee
07-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Woody... we're thinking alike.... I always ask the CueMaker for the second shaft to be a 11.7mm to 12mm Tip size for playing Snooker or Golf. The balance of the Cue is slightly different, but the BUTT feels the same. Using a different Cue altogether, to play Snooker or Golf, would give me totally new feeling each time. I don't have enough Time or Money to relearn everything.

Rod
07-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Good looking cue. Nothing fancy, just clean looking.

Rod