PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever taken a lesson from Tom Rossman?

woody_968
07-08-2004, 12:28 AM
Has anyone here taken a lesson from Tom Rossman, if so were you pleased?

I have had the opportunity to work with Scott, and will do so anytime he is in town, but would like to find someone a little closer to my home.

I have met Tom a few times, nice fellow, I am just always nervous whenever I think about taking a lesson. Dont want the wrong advise that could mess me up more than I already am /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ken
07-08-2004, 06:24 AM
A friend took lessons from Tom and told me he was pleased. I have watched him do some teaching in the course of his exhibitions at the University of Connecticut and he was very effective. He would be there for two days and several times late at night I was the only one watching. Since he had contracted to stay until a certain time we would just play. I tried many different games trying to find one that he could not run out but I still didn't get to play much. I didn't think of one pocket but then I would probably never make a ball.

I saw him win over Frankie Hernandez in a Joss event so he can play.

He seems to be an effective teacher and can demonstrate practically anything.
Ken in CT

catscradle
07-08-2004, 06:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> Has anyone here taken a lesson from Tom Rossman, if so were you pleased?

I have had the opportunity to work with Scott, and will do so anytime he is in town, but would like to find someone a little closer to my home.

I have met Tom a few times, nice fellow, I am just always nervous whenever I think about taking a lesson. Dont want the wrong advise that could mess me up more than I already am /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

FYI, I read either here or on AZBilliards or on RSB that he doesn't give lessons anymore. He is fully occupied with the trick shot business.

Scott Lee
07-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Darren...I'm sure a lesson from Tom would be great. I also heard he's not doing lessons anymore, but he might do something just for you, when he is at home (not very often).

Scott

woody_968
07-08-2004, 12:02 PM
Thanks for all the replys, Ill look into it.

JClark
07-13-2004, 07:50 AM
I have known Tom Rossman many years and I can personally tell you that he is one of the best instructors in the world and truly a gentlemen and a credit to our sport. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chris Cass
07-13-2004, 08:31 AM
Hi Woody,

I've had the pleasure a few times to meet with Tom. He would be an excellent instructor. I played a little trickshot contest thing he had. He's as positive as possible. He also has a nice wife also. I can't tell you about the lessons part but I think these are some great people.

Regards,

C.C.