PDA

View Full Version : Well I ordered a Stroketrainer...

woody_968
07-08-2004, 10:32 AM
After much thought I went ahead and ordered a Stroketrainer today. I had been thinking about it for some time, pulled up his page yesterday and saw he was down to 125 including shipping so I decided to take the plunge.

I will post a review after I have had a chance to work with it for a while.

stickman
07-08-2004, 12:34 PM
It's very well made, and helps my game when I remember to use it. The price is much more reasonable than when it was first offered. I think you'll be pleased. Like most exercise equipment, the key is to keep using it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ceebee
07-08-2004, 03:36 PM
I have a Stroke Trainer too. I try to use it every day. I slowly got into a bad stance habit & my accuracy started failing on longer shots (all to one side was my first clue). Doug Carter has a good folowing, his idea must have merit. Some Pool Players actually want to become better Players, so they practice. Some Pool Players are Naturals, but they too practice to hone their skills. Others just wanna be good Players, but aren't committed.

I generally warm up a few minutes with my eyes open, so I can see which peg I'm hitting first, if any. I take extreme care to notice the parallellism or non-parallellism in my stance with the Stroke-Trainer's base.

Human beings learn Muscle Memory from repetition, that is a proven fact. If you spend $125.00 & use it every day, it costs you $0.34 a day. Divided by 5 years = $0.068 a day.

stickman
07-08-2004, 04:01 PM
Someday, when I get my own table, I'd like to have one of your gizmos too. Perfecting the break would surely be easier with the help of the BR. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dmgwalsh
07-08-2004, 04:35 PM
Wally- I've got one, too and use it a bit. My stroke is probably getting a little better. It helps with youur off hand stroke quite a bit. I've even got a mirror leaning against the wall on the table where I have my stroketrainer. i can then watch for the dreaded shoulder/elbow drop. Dennis

poolplayer1988
07-08-2004, 05:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> Someday, when I get my own table, I'd like to have one of your gizmos too. Perfecting the break would surely be easier with the help of the BR. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Stickman:
I have one of ceebee's BreakRAKs, and it is a tremendous help. I use mine more at my local PH than I do at home, so if a person doesn't have their own table at home, you can still use it at your local PH. I can put mine together and be practicing my break before most people can rack the balls good and tight. Me and some of my friends like to play games with it, and it is cool as hell, as well as developing an awesome break. I can squat the ball pretty good by practicing with it, and I'm getting better fast. I'd recommend everybody look into one. Also, ceebee guarantees his product. No crap here.

Doug Talbot
"the White Elephant" /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

woody_968
07-08-2004, 05:36 PM
The mirror is a good idea, I think I have one around here not in use. Ill have to borrow my daughters music stand and set it up /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stickman
07-08-2004, 06:19 PM
Ceebee had an idea of seeing if the owner would buy one and rent it. It's a bad time for him though. During the summer there is so much more to do, and the business is slow this time of year. I would gladly pay $5.00 an hour to use it. It would pay for itself in short time.

mike_in_iowa
07-09-2004, 12:04 AM
I am one of those guys who buys everything. The best thing I have bought in order: BREAKRAK, Stroketrainer and the 8ball bible. Must have for serious players. If you play for money these things will pay for themselves quickly.

mike

DennyS
07-09-2004, 08:26 AM
Woody, I think you will be very happy with the purchase of your new Stroketrainer. I have and we use the Stroketrainers at my school. Since the time I started using it during classes I bought 1, now I have several plus sold 5 to students to use at home and I've had some students go ahead and buy one from Doug.Good luck with your new purchase. It is truly a great teaching aide!