PDA

View Full Version : Cleansing The Game of Pool ?????

05-07-2002, 03:32 PM
Ain't the game its the people!!!!! Be kind show respect. I'm a smoker but i will never use the table as an ashtray. I always ask "may i smoke" or move to an area with smokers & have been known to go ourside. If i see a no smoking sign i don't. How about the dippers & spitters? This ok? How about the FN players? You know they always miss the F'n shot or played that F'n guy or lost that F'n game. F'n this or F'n that!!!!Everyother word is F'n. Now lets talk about the players. Its true that a pool table must be a certain height. This allows the men to better support their beer belly while showing the maximum amount of butt crack. As for the ladies table height allows a better cleavage veiw while showing the tatoo on your butt to its best advantage. When stroking always keep head down and butt up. We all know that the corners are rounded to prevent the men from hurting themselves thus allowing the ladies to better polish the pockets.
Pool is not just a game ITS A PASSION, show respect be nice love the game ---- By the way, if i was in a non smoking pool hall would i be banned for my break? I usually get a little puff of smoke off the head ball.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-07-2002, 07:56 PM
I think the biggest problem Pool has is its Bar room table reputation.

Ever seen a movie that didn't somehow get a pool cue as a weapon in a bar fight? Or, the sleezy characters that hang around the pool table in a bar?

Do you think that the APA, VNEA, TAP or any other organization can do (or want to do) anything about this image?

Bar tables ought to be banned..

Rod
05-07-2002, 08:05 PM
Tom, now just where do you suggest everyone go for their Friday night fight over a 2 bit pool game? Have you no feelings? tisk tisk touchy aren't we /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
05-07-2002, 08:07 PM
Good Point..
I would much rather see POOL Players frequent a Pool Hall anyway..

Ralph S.
05-08-2002, 01:10 AM
Hey Tom, if you think about it, banning all the bar tables would almost cripple the game. In my opinion, atleast 35% or more of the dollars spent in the billiards industry would be lost due to the ban of barboxes. Not to mention any future talent that could be out there.
Ralph S.

Ralph S.
05-08-2002, 01:12 AM
By the way Tom, I mean no disrespect towards you with my previous reply, JMO.
Ralph S.

05-08-2002, 08:30 AM
I agree, one would think that the many organization, APA, TAP, BCA ect would offer some type of guidelines to both Pool Halls or Bars. Clean it up or don't play

Tom_In_Cincy
05-08-2002, 05:46 PM
No disrespect taken..
A bar box in a bar.. is not the breeding ground for pool talent. IMO..

Pool halls are a much better place to learn to play real pool.

05-09-2002, 09:51 AM
Tom...
Bar boxes may be the pits but I couldn't enjoy playing in tournaments without them...We have a few places with 9 ft. tables but they mostly cater to the white-collar "pretty crowd" who like to stand around the table and discuss their new cars rather than stroke a ball in a pocket. The only one decent PH in town with nine footers and 2 snooker tables is the "Palace"...Odell (the owner) who is renovating his place (he just added 3-9 ft. Brunswick Gold Crowns will have some tournaments in the future but as of now...the only tournamnets I care to play in(9ball...handicapped...w/calcuttas) are in small bars out in the boondocks...They ususally get from 12 to 40 players per night and are on Wed. thru Sat. nights)..I use to hate bar tables but I have come to know and love them...Why?...that's were the action is...(for me)

Until things change..."The bar table is my friend."

Ron C in SC

Tom_In_Cincy
05-09-2002, 04:44 PM
Ron,

I hear ya.. and feel your pain. If you had been driving on 14 inch wheels for 20 years, and then get into a car that has 15 inch wheels, you really don't ever want to go back to 14" wheels again..