PDA

View Full Version : That Green Felt...Again

9 Ball Girl
07-09-2004, 09:35 AM
Guys, it happened again. I know right about this time of year last year I kind of posted the same thing, but I can't help to tell ya again.

I went to the Big "A" Fair at the Aqueduct in Queens with the BF and his 5 year old daughter. If you remember, I had mentioned to you all the feeling I felt when I laid eyes on the 3 pooltables that were set up. Eventhough I haven't been playing much, I can't tear myself away.

So we walked around a bit and like a little kid who pull their parent's arm towards a toy, I pulled the BF's hand towards the table. They're not pretty, they're not GCs or Simonis cloth, but they're pool tables. It's almost like playing on a rug. The cues are just what they are. Pieces of wood with those inevitable removable mushroomed tips. But you know what? They were the most beautiful that I'd ever seen (at that moment anyway). It was a warm summer night last Sunday the 4th, kind of muggy, and the 4 balls that I had to run were dirty, clumsy, and sticky. Hanging above the tables were your usual fanfare of stuffed animal toy prizes. I looked up at 'em, looked at my BF's daughter who's eyes grew as wide as mine did when I saw the tables, winked at her and told her "I'm going to win you one of those."

I whipped out $2 and paid the carney, he racked them up by hand into that cute little diamond shape. I grabbed the cue, chalked it up with 1/4 piece of chalk that was available, and broke. Nothing dropped, and although the trick is to break 'em soft, I broke 'em hard just so that I could hear that sound. Somewhere, off to distance on my left, I heard a male voice, "Whoa a girl is shooting." I answered to myself in my daze without looking up, "damn right a girl is shooting." I got down, made my shots, had his daughter pick out her prize, and yeah, I had to do it again, and again, and again (I have 2 nephews and a niece after all! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Anyway, I know this sounds like the same tale of about a year ago, but I couldn't help it. There's something about seeing a pooltable out of its element that always does it for me. I don't know.

Wendy~~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PQQLK9
07-09-2004, 09:41 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif That's our Wendy

Wally_in_Cincy
07-09-2004, 09:42 AM
this is beginning to be a rite of summer for you /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
07-09-2004, 10:47 AM
"hey, a girl is shooting"

Gotta love those quips from the crowd.

I shoot like a girl... Danm Good. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-09-2004, 11:44 AM
Yup! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Damn tattoos gave me away. One of the carneys remembered me from last year and said, "Hey, you're the shot from last year!" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
07-09-2004, 06:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Yup! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Damn tattoos gave me away. One of the carneys remembered me from last year and said, "Hey, you're the shot from last year!" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Were you over dressed? LOL

C.C.~~your getting a rep from those carie guys and soon they'll bar you like they did me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Keith Talent
07-09-2004, 11:44 PM
There are certain stories that you want to hear come out the same way year after year, maybe. I enjoyed reading this year's take, for sure. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

highsea
07-10-2004, 04:07 AM
Nice. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vagabond
07-10-2004, 05:29 AM
Howdy 9Ball Girl,
If u could play with that kind of euipment, u seem to be ready to be a Road player like Rachell,christy,Holly,Tamy from Rapid city,SD. Are u READY?
Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-10-2004, 08:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> C.C.~~your getting a rep from those carie guys and soon they'll bar you like they did me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>Tell me about it! I've already been banned from the San Genaro feast in Little Italy. I think this year (if it doesn't clash with the US Open), I'll cover up the tat. My hair was a little lighter last time but now my natural black is out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wendy~~~natural disguise? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-10-2004, 08:46 AM
Road playing would be one hell of an experience that I would love to hate and hate to love, if that makes any sense. Sigh. As usual, my job gets in the way of my priorities.

Wendy~~~fantasizing of winning the Mega one day... /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif