PDA

View Full Version : Big Apple Tourney

Keith Talent
07-09-2004, 11:57 PM
Anybody hear who might be playing in Queens this year?

Haven't seen anything on the Web yet. Night I went last year, all I saw, for the grand sum of $15 was Archer/Pagulayan (hill-hill), Efren-Mika, Efren-Yang (double-hill), Busty-Pagulayan, Morris/Feijen (hill-hill), Deuel/M. Davis (nice win for the latter, I guess), Varner/Souquet (absolute torture), Ginky/Eberle (tough night for the homeboy) ... everybody but Earl, I think. Not to mention Eric., 9BG and a few other local ph fixtures.

Who's coming back? Hey, I need some inspiration ... been feeling in enough of a pool funk that I picked up a tennis racquet for the first time in a year last week.

9 Ball Girl
07-10-2004, 08:54 AM
Hey Keith! I'll be there again this year from Thurs - Sun (and I have to be there for the Player's Meeting on Wed too). The ring game wasn't working out so that's not going to happen. This year we've got 128 players where last year we capped it at 91 out of a scheduled 96 players which wasn't so bad considering the Blackout.

Next Saturday, the 17th, Alexandra is holding a tournament to qualify in the Big Apple Tourney. I posted that here (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=143666&Forum=Al l_Forums&Words=9%20Ball%20Girl&Match=Username&Sear chpage=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=143666&Search= true#Post143666) . I'll be there for that too.

This year, the winner of the Big Apple Challenge is getting a paid entry to the 2005 World Pool Championships. With 128 players this year, it'll be for some good matches. And, Earl Strickland is playing this year!!!

I'm looking forward to it and like Eric said, it's like a mini US Open. See ya there! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keith Talent
07-10-2004, 12:40 PM
I trust my comp tix will be in the mail, now that I've done my little bit to hype the tourney, right?