PDA

View Full Version : Augh!!

stickman
07-10-2004, 09:03 PM
I hate people that chalk up after they miss, especially when there is only one piece of chalk on the table. I also hate scratching on the 9ball, then watching a Skill level 3 slopping in two 9balls. AUHG!!! There I'm down! I feel better now. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
07-10-2004, 09:20 PM
lol, I always set out two peices on each table. In no time they all gathered on other tables. Someone walks by picks up a peice on the way to their table. How many peices do they need?

Scratching on the 9 is a bummer. The only way I will is if I'm forced to shoot a shot next to a rail and speed is an issue. I don't know what a three is but having anyone slop in the 9 ball is a cheap way to win. On bar boxes slopping in balls seem to be the norm. OK you've vented. lol

Rod

DialUp
07-10-2004, 09:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> I don't know what a three is but having anyone slop in the 9 ball is a cheap way to win. On bar boxes slopping in balls seem to be the norm. OK you've vented. lol

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

I was shooting at a local pool hall (sixshooters) last week and there was a tournament or a league going on. Whenever a player got out of line, they shot for slop and if the nine was anywhere close to their work, the cue ball would fly...

It was funny to see most of the players doing this that night. Oh yeah, lots of them were wearing those gloves too /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW - I alway bring extra chalk too. I need a fresh piece and hate using those worn down pieces that get my ferrule dirty... Anyways, whenever a fresh piece is in sight, somebody always tries to steal it from me /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I put two on the table and keep two in my case as replacements /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

stickman
07-10-2004, 09:52 PM
After about the 6th time, I went to my bag and got a piece of chalk, and put it in my pocket. The stratch was a long table length shot on the nine, I hit it softly, but the cloth was very fast. It came off the rail and came all the way back the length of the table to scratch. It was like the Energizer Bunny, it just kept on going and going. Nothing much could be said about the slopped in 9balls. That's just the way it goes sometimes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif There's always another day.

wantsumrice
07-10-2004, 10:47 PM
What does "slopped" mean?

Frank_Glenn
07-11-2004, 12:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wantsumrice:</font><hr> What does "slopped" mean? <hr /></blockquote>

Lucky shot that did not go in the intended pocket, but was "slopped' into another pocket.
Frank

Chris Cass
07-11-2004, 12:42 AM
I like it when I see people looking for the coin slot on a 9fter. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

C.C.

shooter72283
07-11-2004, 04:11 AM
LOL, I was playing in a $5/$5 ring game tonight, and for some reason was getting the rolls of my life. One of the guys told me that if I learned how I did some of those shots that I could become the next Trick Shot Magic champ! The best was a three ball shot that was frozen on the foot rail and I was up near the head spot. It was a ring game, so I frammed it, instead of playing safe (which we consider unsportsman-like in a ring game context). The three ball went four rails and sank the five, and the cue just happened to sit in good enough position for me to run out the rest of the rack! $30 in my pocket all because of one lucky shot!
On the other side of the coin, sometimes you just have to remind yourself that luck will only last for but so long and that skill will ultimately prevail. You may lose to luck tonight, and maybe even for the next week, but eventually the luck will run out and the skill will shine thorugh. Then just hope you aren't playing a lucky guy who is more skilled than you!
9-ball can be a very frustrating game if the rolls don't go your way.

shooter72283
07-11-2004, 04:34 AM
BTW, the luck did eventually run out on me and that $30 disappeared quickly. I am somewhere around an 8 and the guys I was playing with would be rated somewhere around 12-14 if they even bothered with APA, definitely open-class players (I do it for the experience, not the $$$). After all was said and done I was out $160.

Chris Cass
07-11-2004, 10:50 AM
Ouch,

Your suppose to slam the ball if you don't get a shot in a ring game. It's the way it's suppose to be played. If your even lucky enough to get a shot chances are you won't have a pocket to put it in.

Secondly, your suppose to get out when your up and if your having too much fun atleast get out when your even after being up so far. Now, in a regualr game of 9 ball. I don't suggest riding anything. LOL

Regards,

C.C.

John G
07-11-2004, 03:50 PM
A simple solution is to keep a piece of chalk in your pocket at all times when playing and get in the habit of using it. Then it won't bother you when your opponent picks it up after his shot. Just one less agravation you'll have to deal with. As to the slop, well, that's nine ball. While none of us like to have a ball slopped in on us we all enjoy being the recipient of a well timed slop ball /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
07-11-2004, 09:27 PM
Oh yes John,

I love those well timed slop balls. HAHAHAHAHAA

Regards,

C.C.~~likes a good laugh. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stickman
07-11-2004, 10:35 PM
Yeah they were well timed. One right after another. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I played in a tournament that I don't normally play in. There was a gauranteed $500 1st place, with good money for 2nd,&amp; 3rd places. I was rated a five and several of my friends that usually play as 6's were rated 5's, so I knew I would have to have a good day. It just wasn't my day. My other loss was one of my friends. It was a close match. The good news was that I got done by around 6:00pm. The winners were there til after 4:00 am.