PDA

View Full Version : Won our APA Top Gun Tournament Tonight...

woody_968
07-11-2004, 10:27 PM
Hi all, we had our Top Gun Tourny today and I won /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

For those not familiar with APA Top Gun, they invited 38 players from our region with the best records from the spring session to play in a tournament.

I have put in alot of hours on the table after my lesson with Scott Lee (thanks Scott) and things are starting to come together. I played in two small tournys on fri night, took a first and a second, then won today.

The hightlight of my day was in the 4th match, it was single alimination at this point, and I was playing an SL 8. He needed 10 balls, I needed 33, and he had me hooked on the 3 ball with an open rack. I kicked in the 3, ran the table, and came back to win the match! It always feels good to be able to dig deep and stay in a match when your down!

Im not trying to brag, just REALLY excited /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod
07-11-2004, 10:38 PM
Good for you, congrats. Sounds like your game is comming around. Although you may be going up a rating soon. lol

Rod

stickman
07-11-2004, 10:45 PM
Congratulations! Not bragging, just acknowledging your accomplishments. You deserve to be proud. Keep up the good work. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bassn7
07-11-2004, 10:50 PM
What do you win in your area for Top Gun? We get to play in the Triple Play tournament in Vegas with the league paying for the trip, hotel and entry fee. I've won Top Gun 7 times now and Vegas is a blast.

Great job and congratulations on your victory!

Chris Cass
07-11-2004, 10:55 PM
WTG Woody!!!! That's great and you've earned bragging rights bigtime. I'm proud to know you big guy. Now, did Scott Lee pay you to say that? LOL J/K, Scott does good work and you also deserve a bigtime patt on the back for finishing it off with good solid attention to what needed to be done. Don't also forget to get the tune-ups when you can too. They'll help.

Congrats my friend and many many more,

C.C.~~excited for Woody too. Good job Scotty.

wantsumrice
07-11-2004, 11:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Good for you, congrats. Sounds like your game is comming around. Although you may be going up a rating soon. lol

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

Could you explain how one would be rated? And how one would rise in the ranks? lol I'm a little clueless with the whole tourny deal... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

~ivan

Rod
07-12-2004, 12:55 AM
I don't know about APA for sure related to winning this tournament. During the course of the season one's rating can change depending on how well or poor they play. Different towns/regions have their way of rating, APA not necessarily included.

Here we have a rating committee that evaluates players. I'd suggest you check with your local leagues or pool room to find out how they rate players. Or, possibly someone here is in or near your area.

Rod

haywood
07-12-2004, 02:30 AM
Excellent job man! A good friend of mine was there competing (at least I am assuming you are talking about the Terre Haute tourney). I'll have to ask him if he had the chance to watch you play! Glad to hear all of the hard work is paying off!

dmgwalsh
07-12-2004, 07:56 AM
congrats, woody. Sounds like all your practice and reading and watching videos and lessons are paying off. Dennis

woody_968
07-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Thanks everyone /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bassn7 - unfortunatly our league around here is a little tighter when it comes to prizes I guess. I won $200, but was not told about any tourny in Vegas. I have gone to Vegas for team play, it was a blast, but I had to foot most of the bill.

Haywood - yea it was in Terre Haute.

Scott Lee
07-13-2004, 11:16 AM
Woody...Congrats...and thanks, but all I did was give you a few tools (mental and physical) to work with. You put in the hard work to make them useful in your playing ability!
Glad to see things are working! Keep it up! Like I tell every student...simplicity does work, if you'll just LET it!

Scott