PDA

View Full Version : Fave WPBA Player?

DeannaMichelle
07-12-2004, 11:35 AM
Favorite WPBA Player taking into account things other than their looks? (like skill, technique, drive, consistency, whatever really)
*and you guys thought I wouldn't mention that! hah!*

So, fave WPBA player, and why?(:

My favorite WPBA player, though they are all excellent, is Allison Fisher. I've been watching her for years, and find her to be consistent with stance, which she is famous for I guess, and I think she is just a genius wit a cue.

I also like Kim Shaw, she reminds me of a early-on AF, and Corr, Lee, etc, are great too.....but alas, Alli is "me bloody favorite". (:

Dea

Wally_in_Cincy
07-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Jeanette Lee, not because of her looks, but because she has the guts to go for a difficult shot, rather than play a safe automatically when that situation arises.

I don't think I've ever seen KC play a bank /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rod
07-12-2004, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Favorite WPBA Player taking into account things other than their looks? (like skill, technique, drive, consistency, whatever really)
<hr /></blockquote>

What, not looks, surley you jest! lol JK I'd have to go along with AF. A bit to mechanical for me and not the most attractive but she has the complete package. If you look up winner in the dictionary, her name is listed there! lol

Rod

RedHell
07-12-2004, 12:09 PM
You missed the BCA Open finals then.... She bank an amazing six to walk up the hill if I well rembered...

She also played an amazing 9 billiard of the One against Kelly.

And also make a very nice 2 of the rail with position on the 3 after an average safe by Fisher...

She played all out in the semi and final I watched...

And for the initial question, Vivian Villareal for her personality... (I like colorfull character) and Alison Fisher for her fundamentals.

Looks goes to Jeannet and Ewa Laurence Mataya...

Rod
07-12-2004, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't think I've ever seen KC play a bank

<hr /></blockquote>

I know what you mean. Although today I watched a bit of the Alpine classic. It was hill-hill and KC went for and made a bank on the one first shot. Of course she got hooked on the two, but kicked that in. Of course she sold out in the end. Her making a commitment to go for it is very rare. lol

Rod

9 Ball Girl
07-12-2004, 12:40 PM
My favorite female WPBA player is Karen Corr. Hands down. Allison is good too but, IMO, I think Allison has a lot more luck on her side when she plays. At least this is what I've been noticing lately in the televised matches. But anyway, Karen Corr is my girl.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-12-2004, 12:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> ... Allison is good too but, IMO, I think Allison has a lot more luck on her side when she plays....<hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Like Efren...

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Efren:</font><hr>I get lucky <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod
07-12-2004, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Allison is good too but, IMO, I think Allison has a lot more luck on her side when she plays. <hr /></blockquote>

The more you practice/play the luckier you get. Not slopping in balls but the favorable nudge at times. lol

SteveEllis
07-12-2004, 01:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DeannaMichelle:</font><hr> Favorite WPBA Player taking into account things other than their looks? (like skill, technique, drive, consistency, whatever really)

So, fave WPBA player, and why?(:

My favorite WPBA player, though they are all excellent, is Allison Fisher. I've been watching her for years, and find her to be consistent with stance, which she is famous for I guess, and I think she is just a genius wit a cue.

I also like Kim Shaw, she reminds me of a early-on AF, and Corr, Lee, etc, are great too.....but alas, Alli is "me bloody favorite". (:

Dea <hr /></blockquote>

I like your tastes. IMO, nobody is in the same league with Allison. She is quite simply as perfect as she can possibly be.
Oh, BTW, she ain't bad looking either, but her cue sports performance is what makes her special.

pooltchr
07-12-2004, 02:48 PM
The most fun to watch is without a doubt Vivian....you just know she is having a blast when she is playing.
Karen is a fundamentals machine...plays every shot the same way
Allison for all around great game
Jeffifer Baretta just 'cause she's absolutely gorgeous!

Jimmy B
07-12-2004, 03:35 PM
I've liked Jen Baretta long before the FHM shoot for the obvious reasons. But I'd have to say my favorite player is Robin (bell) Dodson even if she doesn't shoot anymore. She's got a great personality and is a real nice person. Karen IMO has become the best shooter and I think it's no secret why, but she lacks that flair that I think she needs to become the biggest star.

JB

DeannaMichelle
07-12-2004, 04:35 PM
I know how the players act with the fans, has a lot to do with..how many fans they are going to have, obviously. Vivian is a great example of someone who just has a great people personality.

I know the first time I saw KC play, I thought she was going to kill someone with the cue, with that look on her face, but I grew to like her, not for the evil look on her face, but for the fact that she really truly puts her heart into every game, and I love that about her.

Allison is a first class smartbutt, and I find that very amusing, same with Lee.

I just think there's a lot of great players, that even if their rankings aren't high, still play a GREAT game...

But I do think, the former snooker players, like Corr and Allison, have their basics tattooed in their eyelids...maybe that's why they look up so much *it's not to thank God, it's to CHEAT! HA! just kidding of course(: *

I agree Steve, Alli is pretty, and I think she's classy too, but they all are. *heh*

Dea

DeannaMichelle
07-12-2004, 04:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Allison is good too but, IMO, I think Allison has a lot more luck on her side when she plays. At least this is what I've been noticing lately in the televised matches. <hr /></blockquote>

I know exactly what you mean...I saw those matches you are probably referring too--and Karen did some of the most unbelievable shots IN a row, and I didn't expect Alli to get back up out of the chair...if I had based who won on that rack alone, I would have picked Karen...and apologized to Allison, but it was true!lol(:

JayCee
07-12-2004, 06:27 PM
I like Karen too but she's not my favorite, Allison is. What is it you like about Karen to choose her as your favorite?

cueball1950
07-12-2004, 09:27 PM
Ah.... i just have to bring back a blast from the past. How about,,,,Billie Billings,,,she played a great all out game and was a good drinking partner also at the B.C.Open. Then again, so is/was Julie Kelly, Ms Heineken i call her. gee. this answer has a drinking theme to it. For looks and hugs along with playing ability... Hands down has to be Carol Clark.... But how good is Allison and karen. this rivalry will last for years i believe....nobody can really touch them right now................................mike

DennyS
07-12-2004, 09:56 PM
1. Sarah Rousey
2. Jeanette Lee
3. Karen Corr

DeannaMichelle
07-12-2004, 10:09 PM
they are good, and sometimes i think it's unfortunate small things that they end up in the semi or finals together...they do have a rivalry, very apparent, but I think it's a good one. At least I know Jeanette and Alli's always was. (:

SUPERSTAR
07-12-2004, 11:27 PM
I'd like to know WHAT KAREN YELLED AT THAT CUE BALL in the finals when she missed the kick hill hill. (volume was down)

I fell off of my chair when i saw that one. Reminded me of the neighbors dog and how he barks at people through the fence when they walk by.

Could have sworn Alli was holding back laughter when she got the ball in hand.

If it was me...i would have called an extension and busted out laughing on the spot.
It's one of the funniest things i've seen in a female pool match.

SUPERSTAR

ryushen21
07-12-2004, 11:47 PM
one hell of a question, there a lot of them that i really like.

Karen Corr - killer fundamentals and i love the way that she makes those ridiculous razor thin cut cut shots.

Allison Fisher - an all around great player and, as much as i hate it somethimes, her "i am going to beat you and there is nothing you can do about it" attitude

Jeanette Lee - nice to look at and her "balls out" attitude, plus her determination as of later

Vivian Villareal - great attitude and ya gotta love the noises

Jennifer Chen - she's just so cute to watch

that's my list.

Paul_Mon
07-13-2004, 04:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> I've liked Jen Baretta long before the FHM shoot for the obvious reasons. But I'd have to say my favorite player is Robin (bell) Dodson even if she doesn't shoot anymore. She's got a great personality and is a real nice person. Karen IMO has become the best shooter and I think it's no secret why, but she lacks that flair that I think she needs to become the biggest star.

JB <hr /></blockquote>

Jim,
Robin is one of my favorites too. Extremely down to earth. But tell me something. What is Karen's secret? Unless you mean that she plays against men, which more women now claim to do.

Paul Mon

MosconiJr
07-13-2004, 07:15 AM
I have to go with Lisa Marr. I know she's new on tour, but I've watched her on the SEAL tour the past couple of years, and she's got heart.

Favorite past player is Nikki Benish for the same reason. No fear to compete with anyone.

Mike

9 Ball Girl
07-13-2004, 07:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JayCee:</font><hr> I like Karen too but she's not my favorite, Allison is. What is it you like about Karen to choose her as your favorite? <hr /></blockquote>I actually used to like Allison, but the more I watched Karen, the better I liked her. I like her demeanor and she's not showy. I don't know, it's that je ne sais quoi of her game that I like.

JayCee
07-13-2004, 09:08 AM
Vrai mignon. (sourire) So how well versed are you in French?

Until next time,

JC

9 Ball Girl
07-13-2004, 09:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JayCee:</font><hr> Vrai mignon. (sourire) <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Je le parle un peu. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich R.
07-13-2004, 09:26 AM
I have many favorite WPBA players and I like them all for different reasons. All of the ladies of the WPBA work very hard and, except for the top few, get very little in return. They show a true love for the game.

For the this poll, the player I will name, as my favorite, is Carol Clark.
For those of you who know Carol, I don't have to explain why she is my choice. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
For those of you who do not know Carol, I will just say that her drive and determination is an inspiration.
Besides that, she gives the best hugs in the world. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Scott Lee
07-13-2004, 10:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote JayCee:</font><hr> Vrai mignon. (sourire) <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Je le parle un peu. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Wendy...Excusez-moi, mais le "le"...ce n'est pas necessille!
D'accord..."Je parle un peu!" Comprends, mon ami? Je parle un peu aussi! LOL

Bonjour Johnny! Comment allez-vous?

Scott

Wally_in_Cincy
07-13-2004, 11:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote JayCee:</font><hr> Vrai mignon. (sourire) <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Je le parle un peu. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Wendy...Excusez-moi, mais le "le"...ce n'est pas necessille!
D'accord..."Je parle un peu!" Comprends, mon ami? Je parle un peu aussi! LOL

Bonjour Johnny! Comment allez-vous?

Scott

<hr /></blockquote>

Geez, get a room you guys /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif,

Wally &lt;~~ going out for Freedom Fries

RedHell
07-13-2004, 11:06 AM
Scott,

Pour tout dire, le "le", malgré le fait qu'il n'est pas nécessaire, est en fait une forme gramaticale correcte... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

~~~~ Will be available for practice at the Open /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Scott Lee
07-13-2004, 11:10 AM
RedHell...Ah so! Confucious say, "Talkative man should check size of foot before opening mouth!" LOL

Scott Lee

RedHell
07-13-2004, 11:34 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DeannaMichelle
07-13-2004, 11:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SUPERSTAR:</font><hr> I'd like to know WHAT KAREN YELLED AT THAT CUE BALL in the finals when she missed the kick hill hill. (volume was down)

If it was me...i would have called an extension and busted out laughing on the spot.

SUPERSTAR <hr /></blockquote>
Okay, so I'm not the *only* one who found that hilarious!! Yes, Alli was definately holding back laughter, and I'm pretty sure she took an extention to collect herself. You know, she wanted to bust out laughing, she's just that type of person. I still feel bad for Karen on that one though, but she'll bounce back anyhoo.

And I don't know what Karen said, but I would certainly never want her to say that to me, is all I know!

rukiddingme
07-13-2004, 11:51 AM
Bonjour Scott.
Il me semble que vous avez fait plusieurs fautes de gramaire.
Je parle un peu = I speak a little
Je le parle un peu = I speak it (French) a little.
Since Wendy is female "Comprenez-vous mon amie?

Je parle le Francais beaucoup mieux que je l'ecrit.
Je le parle aussi bien que je parle l'Anglais. Apres tout, le Francais est ma premiere langue.
ruk

9 Ball Girl
07-13-2004, 11:55 AM
So does that mean I was right? /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Wendy&lt;---6 years of French going down the tubes...

RedHell
07-13-2004, 11:57 AM
Wendy,

Yes you were right. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-13-2004, 11:58 AM
Funny thing is when I translate to French, I used Spanish as my guide. For instance in Spanish I would've said, "Yo lo hablo un poco". "Lo" meaning "le" which meant "it" which meant the language. I guess I was kinda sorta right.

Wendy&lt;---thinks we've hijacked Dea's thread! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

RedHell
07-13-2004, 11:59 AM
OK Ruk,

Desoler pour les autres, mais il faut que je pause la question...

D'ou viens-tu ? Ou restes-tu ?

Et comment ce fait-il que ta langue premiere soit le francais ?

PQQLK9
07-13-2004, 12:04 PM
http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

Wally I'll post this for our non multi-lingual readers /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

RedHell
07-13-2004, 12:09 PM
Wendy,

That only natural, spanish being a latin language the share the exact gramatical roots... latin.

Tho I can't speak spannish, I can often extrapolate words from the roots to understand the meaning of a sentece or at least extract the subject of a text.

You'll be able to practice in september, my wife (who's british), learned her french in the last 5 years, and I'm sure she'd be pleased to speak to you in french and would be of good help as she has faced the challenge of learning it already...

poolplayer1988
07-13-2004, 12:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SUPERSTAR:</font><hr> I'd like to know WHAT KAREN YELLED AT THAT CUE BALL in the finals when she missed the kick hill hill. (volume was down)

I fell off of my chair when i saw that one. Reminded me of the neighbors dog and how he barks at people through the fence when they walk by.

SUPERSTAR <hr /></blockquote>

I was watching that match too, and I had the volume up. It was SOOOO damn funny. I still don't know what she said, if anything, because to me, it sounded like she was barking at the damn cue ball. LOL! I couldn't believe it. I've never seen her that emotional, and my jaw was laying on the floor after that. WOW! She is still definitely my favorite player though.

Doug Talbot
"the White Elephant"

rukiddingme
07-13-2004, 12:17 PM
Based upon TV coverage matches I would say that Allison was my favorite player, but since I attended the tournamnent in
East Peoria my opinions have changed somewhat. I still like Allison but I have met such wonderful players that don't make it to the TV round.
I watched a match between Vivian and Ewa and would have to say that that was the most fun match...both players were loose and joked with each other and the audience. They showed respect for the game and each other but were able to laugh...that would have been a great TV match.
There are some up and comers that are very friendly and approchable. They also can play a good game of pool...specifically Melissa Herndon and our own Sarah Rousey. Helena Thornfeld and Monica Webb were really approachable as well. This was not Helenas best effort but GO MONICA!
I'm glad that a new format will be adopted which will allow some of these great players a chance to shine...
I watched Allison and Karen play in the finals and WOW both had a level of concentration that stood far above the rest.
ruk

9 Ball Girl
07-13-2004, 12:18 PM
Well then, I'm looking forward to it!

Rod
07-13-2004, 12:19 PM
I imagine she was just frustrated with herself. I'd bet it was for not taking a bit more time evaluating the shot. At that point the game was in real jeporday, even if she had hit the ball. I could see Allison found it amusing because she knew Karen was digging a hole and it was getting deeper.

Karen needs to learn how to control her emotions, especially playing against Allison or any other contender that gives her problems. Allison is to collected and she, like any good player, will feed off players emotions.

One other point is much like Earl Strickland. In the beginning when he started winning, he just flat made balls. Later on he expected to win and that simply doesn't always happen. Then came his fits of frustration but he sometimes took it out on other players. Karen doesn't do that, she has to much class. If however you start wanting something so bad that it controls or influences your emotions many times it backfires. The object of winning becomes so important that they forgot what got them there in the first place. That is, play the game with simplicity and pocket balls. Easy enough to say from here but that is what I see happening.

Rod

ryushen21
07-13-2004, 01:21 PM
Just remember that the "lo" in that sentence can only be used in answering a question. And often times, native speakers drop it anyways.

but hey we should start up some threads in various languages. it would make things even more interesting around here.

ryushen21=spanish major

dg-in-centralpa
07-13-2004, 03:30 PM
While I have many favorites for various reasons;
Jeanette and Ewa - looks
Karen,Jeanette,and Allison - sheer determination
Vivian - looks like she's having fun while playing

I have not yet had the honor of meeting or sharing one of Carol Clarks hugs. It sounds like they are fabulous. I'm still waiting. Carol and most of the women are very approachable. As for the men, most of them don't have any attitude problems. It's hard to pick out any one person. They all deserve credit and fans.

DG

Jimmy B
07-14-2004, 03:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Paul_Mon:</font><hr> But tell me something. What is Karen's secret? Unless you mean that she plays against men, which more women now claim to do.

Paul Mon <hr /></blockquote>

I meant playing with the men, but more important playing on the Joss tour, as far as I know I have no seen Alison's name in any men's tours around the country (I could be wrong about this) I believe it will also bring Julie Kelly's game up a notch as well.

JB

Voodoo Daddy
07-14-2004, 06:22 AM
Now...Monica Webb
Then...Deanna Henson
Way back...Jean Balukas &amp; Gloria Walker

Voodoo~~~dont root for too many

Wally_in_Cincy
07-14-2004, 06:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> ...as far as I know I have no seen Alison's name in any men's tours around the country (I could be wrong about this) ...

JB <hr /></blockquote>

Allison does not play against men. In an interview she was asked why. She said "Why should I?" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I wish she would. She is surely not going to embarass herself. But that's her decision.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-14-2004, 06:54 AM
Sarah Rousey
Melissa Herndon
Toni Tucker

Frank_Glenn
07-14-2004, 07:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> ...as far as I know I have no seen Alison's name in any men's tours around the country (I could be wrong about this) ...

JB <hr /></blockquote>

Allison does not play against men. In an interview she was asked why. She said "Why should I?" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I wish she would. She is surely not going to embarass herself. But that's her decision. <hr /></blockquote>

I read something once where she said she did this when playing snooker and all she ever got was greif (my words). If she lost, well she was supposed to, if she won, she got lucky or they got unlucky or some other reason, but never because she out played them. I can understand why she would not want to do this. She is at the top of the WPBA and has been there for a while now. Until someone comes along that is a real threat to her, she has no reason to be trying to further her game. It looks pretty good from where I sit, YMMV.

pooltchr
07-14-2004, 09:07 AM
I just checked AZB, and in 2000 Allison played in two Viking tour stops...took first place both times.
In 2001 she played one of the SE open stops and took first place (she beat TK in the finals of that one)

It's not that she doesn't play against men...I think she just has a pretty full schedule without getting into these types of tournaments.

rah
07-14-2004, 09:40 AM
Just to let you know that there a lot of CCBers who do not Vivian, for what it's worth. Personally, I like the showgirlship she adds.

Allison is just perfect, but her sex preference has a lot of men heartbroken. She still is my favorite however. A class act.

I like Jenn Beretta and Sarah Rousey - super nice people who take time as does McCready to answer questions on AZ Billiards' forum.

And Carol Clark - what a babe!

9 Ball Girl
07-14-2004, 09:43 AM
I would love to see Allison play Jean Balukas. And I don't mean at a tourney, I mean in a Do or Die situation which we know will never happen but still...

DeannaMichelle
07-14-2004, 02:28 PM
Allison has played men at snooker before at least, b/c she didn't know they had a league for women. I can't find the article I have saved, but it's the same one soemone here just mentioned about her never getting any credit no matter what.

SUPERSTAR
07-14-2004, 02:45 PM
From what i gather from my pals over in england.
Allison was an open player. She played in Mens events as well as womens events, where Karen only played in female ones.
Now if that is due to her not knowing of a female tour at one point or not i have no idea. My friends say that the distinction in playing level was clear. Alli was better.
AND..that in snooker...the better player wins the majority of the time. Not like 9 ball where some players get
lucky.

SUPERSTAR

DeannaMichelle
07-14-2004, 03:04 PM
Another reason she is my favorite! Thanks.

ladybilliards
07-14-2004, 03:15 PM
I agree with you...that was hilarious, I would have had to take a break when she finished that. Allison was definately holding back laughing. You can tell that there is no love lost between them. When either KC or AF beats other players, they always hug. When KC and AF play, they just shake hands (barely!) I think that's good for the support,they can't alll be lovey dovey.
lb

DeannaMichelle
07-14-2004, 04:15 PM
wow, are you my long lost relative?? b/c I *JUST* said that exact same thing to another player, before I read your post! hehe... I've always noticed that!! At least I'm not the only one (: *feels better*

JayCee
07-14-2004, 04:18 PM
Scott, I'm well. And you? Thanks for asking...

DeannaMichelle
07-14-2004, 04:53 PM
[[ I wish not to starta debate, did not know this was a no-touch subject]]

Rod
07-14-2004, 06:08 PM
Oh lets not go there please. This started long ago here before you and rah and it went on forever. I know you didn't start but believe me it's not where you want to go.

Rod

cueball1950
07-14-2004, 06:57 PM
Hell this is the Year 2004,who gives a [censored] in a hand basket what another persons sexual preference is. within a couple of years everybody shall be marrying whoever they want. Male or female.They all play 1 hell of a game of pool. And is that not what we watch them for. lets just watch and enjoy watching them and the hell with all this other crap.....And i am a big Fan of all games played.So lets just cut this sexual preference crap die and enjoy the game........................................mike

Vagabond
07-15-2004, 03:42 AM
Howdy Voodoo Man,
Do u know where Gloria Walker is and what she is doing?
Last time I saw her was in Phoenix,Az in 1989 in a Pro tournament.Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

rukiddingme
07-15-2004, 06:49 AM
tap tap tap
ruk

Rod
07-15-2004, 02:26 PM
I sure don't Mike, just remembering some past posts that got out of hand is the only reason I mentioned it.

Rod

ladybilliards
07-15-2004, 03:17 PM
Hi Cuz!

Yup, that is pretty funny. I love watching them play each other. I met both of them, in my opinion, Allison is cool as they come. But I like that Karen's has such a funny manner off the table and so serious on the table.
Allison never lets them see her sweat. From the first time I saw her play, I wanted my attitude to be like hers. Good shot or bad, you won't see me sweat it!
lb /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DeannaMichelle
07-15-2004, 03:50 PM
When you met Alli, did you say what I always wanted to say "How ya bloody been ya bum?"(: Ah, the joys of sarcasm... her accent just about kills me...
One time, she missed a shot she was demonstrating, after explaining all the technical skills involved in it--and she said in that Brit accent "well, that was CRAP!" I thought, I was going to die from laughter! Some might have wished I would have..but noooo(: Still kickin'!

Dea

art
07-15-2004, 06:43 PM
I've got to go with Melissa Herndon, Tiffany Nelson, Vivian Villareal, and Michelle Rakin.
Vivian Villareal because of her natural abilities
Melissa Herndon who plays awesome and is an inspiration to me
Tiffany Nelson and Michelle Rakin both have similar styles and both play like men which I really like

sidepocketsam
07-16-2004, 10:07 AM
Lori Jon Jones.

I've been a fan of hers for years and when I saw her in person in Vegas a couple years ago, I was also taken by how attractive she is. As I never see anyone touch on this, I have to ask, am I the only one that finds her that attractive?

I realize that the originator of this thread said not to use looks as a criteria, or something to that effect, so I'll add that it was the fact she was a 16 year old champion and showed a great personality when she was playing on ESPN all the time that made me a fan. It was her beauty though that has locked me in for life.

ladybilliards
07-16-2004, 10:19 AM
They had a stop a few years ago in Emeryville, outside of San Francisco (I even think they called it a SF stop!) My friend was to scared to go and say something to Allison so I went over and told her my bud wants to say hello but is a little shy, they have become close friends since then (thanks to me!)Anway, I got a picture with her, Ewa, Gerda and Helena. They were all nice, though I kind of got a weird vibe from Ewa. I played in the celebrity challenge game the night before agaist Gerda and she left me a real tough cut on the nine and said you won't make that. Of course I nailed it! She was impressed. I met Karen in an evelator in Vegas a few years ago, she was in good spirits even after just loosing to Allison.
lb

pooltchr
07-16-2004, 10:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sidepocketsam:</font><hr> Lori Jon Jones.

am I the only one that finds her that attractive?

<hr /></blockquote>
Absolutely not!

DeannaMichelle
07-16-2004, 10:53 AM
Well, aren't you a great friend LB! Darnget, it should have been mee that was the bud!! Of course, I'm far too sarcastic to be shy in that case.
Great experience, I like hearing yours(: The only experience I have with Alli, is being email buddies, which is coolies. Hopefully I can go to Tunica next time. It's the closest tourney I can attend.

Dea

9 Ball Girl
07-16-2004, 12:19 PM
I have to say that I definitely love Ga Young Kim's style. Aggresive, no fear and speedy. I like all those qualities in a player. Just like Robbie Saez. Whatever happened to Yasmin Ouschan or her little bro?

Wally_in_Cincy
07-16-2004, 12:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> ... Whatever happened to Jasmine Ouschan or her little bro? <hr /></blockquote>

Probably finishing high school.

Rod
07-16-2004, 12:38 PM
I'll third that motion. lol

Melissa in CA
07-19-2004, 12:48 PM
Thank you Wally /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Melissa in CA
07-19-2004, 12:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote art:</font><hr> I've got to go with Melissa Herndon, Tiffany Nelson, Vivian Villareal, and Michelle Rakin.
Vivian Villareal because of her natural abilities
Melissa Herndon who plays awesome and is an inspiration to me
Tiffany Nelson and Michelle Rakin both have similar styles and both play like men which I really like <hr /></blockquote>

WOW! I am in awe that someone posted something this wonderful! Thank you very much for calling me an inspiration to you. I am extremely humbled and flattered! Best of luck in all you do!

BTW, my fave players are:

Sarah Rousey - who is an inspiration to me!
Stefanie Boch - best friend, roomie, and best human on the planet!
Carol Clark - what else to say....she is freakin awesome!

Aww heck...I could go on and on. The WPBA has some of the most wonderful, strong, talented women I have ever met...and they each have something unique about them. I am truly lucky to be a part of it all!

Melissa Herndon

Wally_in_Cincy
07-19-2004, 12:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Melissa in CA:</font><hr> Thank you Wally /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

You're welcome.

You played like a champ in Peoria. It was fun rooting for you. You are a sweetheart.

I have a great pic of you and Sarah I am going to have enlarged. I will send you one soon.

Wally &lt;~~ too many irons in the fire.

DeannaMichelle
07-19-2004, 04:21 PM
Well, you *are* one of those strong, talented, inspirational players!!