PDA

View Full Version : New to the Board

05-07-2002, 06:35 PM
Hi folks, I'm new to this board and looking forward to using it. I play in Dallas, mostly at CJ's. I use a Capone cue or sometimes a Schon.

rackmup
05-07-2002, 06:39 PM
Welcome!

As you probably already know, this is the best message board on the web (pool wise.)

Sit back, pop open a beer and enjoy the show.

Regards,

Ken (lives in Mansfield, plays mostly at Hawley's in Dallas, Click's in Arlington and CJ's every now and then)

cheesemouse
05-07-2002, 06:51 PM
Hey MrSmiley~~~~~~~~~http://www.animation-station.com/anigifs/anim1884.gif

05-07-2002, 07:31 PM
Welcome. Do you play in a league?....randyg

BLACKHEART
05-07-2002, 07:35 PM
We have players of all levels, a few instructors, engineers, teachers, soldiers & sailors, at least one PHD, some good hard workin' union folk, homemakers & a couple of Qmakers. AND NOW YOU. Welcome...JER

Rod
05-07-2002, 08:00 PM
Well that's two nice choices of cues MrSmiley. Maybe you'll run into our Texas players on this board. I'm happy that Texas annexed the other states, as HDJ so hum'bly stated.
In Arizona were also refered to by a Texan as miscellaneous /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif it's in another thread.

~~~ Rod is glad he fits in somewhere, this won't help!

stickman
05-07-2002, 08:04 PM
That's a couple of nice cues. No wonder you're smiling. Welcome!

http://markusaurelius.home.att.net/stickman.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
05-07-2002, 08:06 PM
Welcome and good luck with all your pool games.

Chris Cass
05-07-2002, 09:54 PM
Welcome Mr. Smiley,

Haven't I seen your face before? Just kidding, I used to be famous but not anymore. LOL

Welcome,

C.C.

Ralph S.
05-08-2002, 12:59 AM
Welcome to the crew.
Ralph S.

Doctor_D
05-08-2002, 04:41 AM
Good morning Mr. Smiley:

Welcome; to the most intelligent and interesting group of billiard enthusiasts you will ever have the pleasure of sharing some conversation, and on some occaisions cocktails, with. Make yourself at home, get comforatable, and join right in.

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Dr. D.

Kato
05-08-2002, 10:27 AM
Mr. Smiley, it's been said before but repetition is key. Welcome aboard and welcome again. Cues are sweet, ask as many questions as you'd like, bunch of smart folks on this board. The cuemakers are real knowledgable and some folks that are real fine shooters come here to. Enjoy yourself.

Kato

Rich R.
05-08-2002, 11:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr>..... bunch of smart folks on this board. The cuemakers are real knowledgable and some folks that are real fine shooters come here to. <hr></blockquote>
Kato, you forgot to mention me. LOL. Welcome Mr. Smiley.
Rich R.~~~aspiring to be an average player. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Kato
05-08-2002, 12:02 PM
I am sooooo much in the same boat as you Rich. Matter a fact, I need the 8 for you.

Kato~~~~inspired to be like Rich R.

05-08-2002, 12:57 PM
I realize I should have introduced myself as new to this board, Jim Stokes,jacksonville fla. been playing for 40 years, 8 &amp; 9 ball apa, "7" in 8ball and a " 8" in 9ball. I have enjoyed reading this board for the last month and found your comment both entertaining and informative at times. I enjoy good mental gymnastics regarding pool and associated topics. I have a 9' Gold Crown at home and play with a Custom Dale Perry. Just wanted to say HELLO....SS

05-08-2002, 01:17 PM
Why is this the best one Ken? Is it because it is the only one that still allows you to post?

cheesemouse
05-08-2002, 01:18 PM
Jim Smooth Stoke,
A belated welcome to you also. You and I sound alike, but my 3 in golf is turning into a 5 or six. Pull up a chair pardner /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Vicki
05-08-2002, 02:49 PM
What a smart guy you must be to be using a Capone! Welcome from a fellow smart person (I also play with a Capone).

rackmup
05-08-2002, 03:44 PM
Check the others Skippy...my name is PROUDLY, not "anonymously" displayed.

More than I can say for you. You never have answered the question; "Do you play pool?" Or do you just pee in one?

And why is the CCB the best? Less arguing, more knowledge, better humor and less of YOU.

Regards,

Ken (always so nice to come home and read the "yack" fron Mr. Nobody)

05-08-2002, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the welcome. You and I have a mutual pool player friend in Cin-Bill Porter. He and I just spent a week together-he comes down to visit me in Dallas and his daughter in Austin. I will be coming up to Cin during the Derby City Classic in January.

05-08-2002, 09:01 PM
I recently retired last June and play every day for 2 hours. For some unk reason, I have no interest in the leagues although I know Randy Gotlicker (sp?)very well. Just never got interested in them. Thanks for the welcome. Mr. Smiley

05-09-2002, 02:45 AM
At least I give you a reason to live. An olive branch by the way is a peace offering. However being retarded as you are you would never know that.

rackmup
05-09-2002, 05:47 AM
"anonypuss",

I certainly do hope you live close to the US Open site...I'll make the trip just to meet you. I'll even give you the 8.

BTW...to play, you will first have to relinquish the long skirt you use to veil your true identity. The tourney will be for CCB'ers, not "anonymous" posters and lurkers.

Regards,

Ken (and thanks for giving me a "reason to live", you know, with me being "retarded" and all)