PDA

View Full Version : Plagiarizing?

9 Ball Girl
07-13-2004, 08:01 AM
If I copied a post from this site, pasted it on to another site but indicated before the info that "I copied and pasted this from my other home", would it be plagiarizing???

Wendy<---the new "Attention Ho" (http://azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?t=5980&page=1&pp=15) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
07-13-2004, 08:23 AM
To me it's no big deal either way. I don't understand the hubbub. I have more important things to worry about, I have a garage door that's acting up, a damn toilet that I am having trouble fixing, and my grass is turning brown because it refuses to rain in Hamiltucky /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif .

9 Ball Girl
07-13-2004, 08:25 AM
I don't see what the big hubbub is either.

You should come to NY where we're getting rains a plenty!

Chris Cass
07-13-2004, 08:26 AM
Hi Wendy,

I doubt it. Unless you sign your name to it as your work it can't be. Just like the books, it's references listed giving credit to the person that researched it. You might be called a mooch but that's not liable. lol

Regards,

C.C.~~that's why I didn't post my hypnosis post. I didn't want to ruin or give away the hypnotists tapes for free. That is his living. Morally, I think that's wrong regardless if the guy would sue me. Like he could get blood from a turnip. hahaha

Wally_in_Cincy
07-13-2004, 08:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>
You should come to NY where we're getting rains a plenty! <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks, but my front lawn won't fit in the bed of my truck.

Do you know anything about plumbing? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pooltchr
07-13-2004, 09:46 AM
Wendy,
Seems like you can't say much of anything over there without someone jumping all over you. Don't sweat it!
We still love ya over here.

Steve (Thinking about jumping all over Wendy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif)

Wally_in_Cincy
07-13-2004, 10:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> ...Steve (Thinking about jumping all over Wendy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif) <hr /></blockquote>

I will have to post an Anna K. pic to take your mind off of Wendy /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Perk
07-13-2004, 10:23 AM
Some damn person at Az posted this...His name was Perk. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Wouldnt worry bout the Plagerizing....as far as the attention ho....seems that an individual that jumps boards and creates nonsense posing as, or is FL just left RSB. I would bet he is back for a period of time.

Your posts are always informative Wendy....

.Its kinda funny to see the same names that support or post on the 3 main boards (CCB/RSB/Az), but yet there are others on each board that for 'their' boards only, and post negative things about the others.

&lt;--I will continue to post on CCB and Azbilliards and read the RSB since I only get the google engine at work.

Tom_In_Cincy
07-13-2004, 10:43 AM
No, it wouldn't, it would just be sharing information across forums. It's been done many times and I've never seen any responses quite like that. Sounds like someone is jealous of 9BallGirl. And, they have plenty of reasons to be jealous. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
07-13-2004, 10:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>Do you know anything about plumbing? <hr /></blockquote>I did a lot of plumbing for the house and the pool hall, but I don't know as much about the internal workings of a toilet. All I know is to go buy new parts and replace the bad ones!

Wally_in_Cincy
07-13-2004, 10:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>Do you know anything about plumbing? <hr /></blockquote>I did a lot of plumbing for the house and the pool hall, but I don't know as much about the internal workings of a toilet. All I know is to go buy new parts and replace the bad ones! <hr /></blockquote>

I replaced a ballcock in our extra bathroom. When I reconnected the supply line I couldn't get it to seal. Turns out I had cross-threaded the coupling nut. So I went and bought another ballcock. I din't have time to work on it this weekend. If I can't get it to seal I'll have to call a plumber. That's embarassing /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SPetty, can you solder a joint? If so I'm impressed /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally &lt;~~all thumbs

SPetty
07-13-2004, 11:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>All I know is to go buy new parts and replace the bad ones!<hr /></blockquote>Turns out I had cross-threaded the coupling nut.

SPetty, can you solder a joint?<hr /></blockquote>Okay... what I meant to say was "...replace the bad ones correctly!" /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have soldered, but like my father-in-law used to say: "Give me a hacksaw and a can of glue, and I can be a master plumber too!"

pooltchr
07-13-2004, 12:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
I will have to post an Anna K. pic to take your mind off of Wendy /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Yeah, Wally, Last Friday I kept waiting for my weekly pic...it never showed up and I ended up WORKING all day!!!!
What a drag!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

9 Ball Girl
07-13-2004, 12:15 PM
How about Salma Hayek? She's much better looking and much more womanly and much more exotic looking than A. Kournikova. Don't you think?

http://www.celebritycd.com/salmahayek/salma16.jpg

Wally_in_Cincy
07-13-2004, 12:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> "Give me a hacksaw and a can of glue, and I can be a master plumber too!"
<hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Uh... thanks but I think maybe I will just call my guy.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
07-13-2004, 12:25 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://www.propicks.cc/annabutt.jpg

landshark77
07-13-2004, 12:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> If I copied a post from this site, pasted it on to another site but indicated before the info that "I copied and pasted this from my other home", would it be plagiarizing???

Wendy&lt;---the new "Attention Ho" (http://azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?t=5980&amp;page=1&amp;pp=15) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Wendy, IMO, I thought what you did was fine. I had been following that post and belive that you handled yourself well with your response...although I would have loved to see a bit of action. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ps..is your post here another attempt to draw attention to yourself? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-13-2004, 12:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> Wendy, IMO, I thought what you did was fine. I had been following that post and belive that you handled yourself well with your response...although I would have loved to see a bit of action. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ps..is your post here another attempt to draw attention to yourself? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>My response was pretty tame considering the mood I was in this morning and seeing that post first thing this morning. I've matured in my 30 years I guess. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes. I need tons and tons of attention. As a matter of fact:

one way or another i will find a way
to get you to look my way
if not today, maybe tomorrow
i will get the right formula
to get you to holla /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cueless Joey
07-13-2004, 02:16 PM
This court finds you guilty as charged.
I thereby sentence you to spanking. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Come here you attention hogging woman! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

pooltchr
07-13-2004, 02:18 PM
Very nice, Wendy...of course, I seem to recall a pic of a lady in a purple bikini that blew them all away!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Steve

Ross
07-13-2004, 02:19 PM
No, Wendy, of course you did'nt plagiarize since you didn't claim the words as your own. The guy who accused you of that was just a troll.

Speaking of plagiarism, funny thing just happened here in my county. The president of the local school board plagiarized his whole high school commencement speech from the internet. Apparently he lifted one of Donna Shalala's old commencement speeches. Needless to say he had to resign after setting such a fine example for his students. Not sure how he thought he was going to get away with it. Not too bright, I guess... /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

pooltchr
07-13-2004, 02:19 PM
Wally,
Thanks.....and thanks for waiting until close to quitting time to post it!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
07-13-2004, 02:53 PM
I guess it could be plagiarizing, especially if John Fogarty of Creedence Clearwater Revival was sued for sounding like... Creedence Clearwater Revival or George Harrison plagiarized three notes that sounded like "He's So Fine" anything's possible. I wouldn't worry about it. LOL

DG - sounds like someone has PMS

nAz
07-13-2004, 02:59 PM
Wendy i think you and aRealGirlPlayer should come over to my house and mud wrestle each other while wearing your favorate thongs, i believe all cat fights should end this way.

meow!

Naz~~ will be selling the video at a discount to all CCbers /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dg-in-centralpa
07-13-2004, 03:00 PM
I'd still take Anna K. over Salma.

DG - would rather have Sophia Loren over Salma and Anna K

9 Ball Girl
07-13-2004, 03:28 PM
All I can say is nAz, nAz, nAz...Whatever would I do without your insight? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
07-19-2004, 12:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I replaced a ballcock in our extra bathroom. When I reconnected the supply line I couldn't get it to seal. Turns out I had cross-threaded the coupling nut. So I went and bought another ballcock. I din't have time to work on it this weekend. If I can't get it to seal I'll have to call a plumber. That's embarassing /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SPetty, can you solder a joint? If so I'm impressed /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally &lt;~~all thumbs <hr /></blockquote>

For all of you who have been losing sleep about my ballcock, I got it fixed perfectly yesterday. I'm happy.

I used an American Standard Smart valve. Works like charm and it doesn't have that stupid floating ball.

http://www.americanstandard-us.com/planDesign/performance/smart_valve.asp