PDA

View Full Version : JJ and Amang missed the cut

Wally_in_Cincy
07-13-2004, 12:38 PM
Jeremy Jones and Jose Parica did not make it into the final 64 at the WPC.

Fong-Pang Chao is the top seed in the final 64. Mika is #2.

RedHell
07-13-2004, 12:51 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I am stunned !

Bob_Jewett
07-13-2004, 04:05 PM
I notice that van den Berg went through as the 4th player in Parica's group, even though Nick lost six more games than he won, and Jose won three more games than he lost.

recoveryjones
07-13-2004, 06:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob_Jewett:</font><hr> I notice that van den Berg went through as the 4th player in Parica's group, even though Nick lost six more games than he won, and Jose won three more games than he lost. <hr /></blockquote>

Unfortunatley for Parica he lost a couple of 5-4 heartbreakers and managed to win one match 5-0, henceforth a respectable won-loss RACK record.Unfortunatley his loss to Vanderburg ultimatley gave Nick the better MATCH record and did Jose in.RJ

Wally_in_Cincy
07-14-2004, 06:17 AM
10 of 12 Filipino players made it to the final 64. I'm not sure which 2 lost.

Only 6 of 13 US players made it to the final 64.

I wish I could be more specific but I'm having trouble navigating the Matchroom website to find concise results.

I'm sure geography plays a part in this, as some of the stronger US players did not want to make the long trip to Taiwan, while the Pinoys did not have to travel nearly as far and are no doubt more comfortable there, probably having traveled there many times before.

Frank_Glenn
07-14-2004, 07:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> 10 of 12 Filipino players made it to the final 64. I'm not sure which 2 lost.

Only 6 of 13 US players made it to the final 64.

I wish I could be more specific but I'm having trouble navigating the Matchroom website to find concise results.

I'm sure geography plays a part in this, as some of the stronger US players did not want to make the long trip to Taiwan, while the Pinoys did not have to travel nearly as far and are no doubt more comfortable there, probably having traveled there many times before. <hr /></blockquote>

The US players need someone like Mr. Puyat to help them out, dontchaknow?

Wally_in_Cincy
07-14-2004, 07:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Frank_Glenn:</font><hr> The US players need someone like Mr. Puyat to help them out, dontchaknow? <hr /></blockquote>

That would be nice.

I noticed the prize for making it to the round of 64 was $1750. For a player like Tony Robles, he would almost be assured of that. At least it would pay for the trip.