PDA

View Full Version : Help me with an extender

Six_CNotes
07-13-2004, 06:22 PM
I need help with the name or brand of an accessory I want. I played with a dude this weekend who had a universal cue extender in his case. For the life of me, I can't rememeber what he told me it was (I was a little "into my cup" at the time). Anyway, I've been looking for an extender that will fit all of my cues, but didn't like the cheap plastic ones. It slid onto the end of the cue and fit really well on ALL of them. I want to say it was named after someone, but I can't be sure - Gary or Tony something or other? If you know what this is or more importantly, where I can find it - PLEASE let me know.

Thanks!

Doctor_D
07-13-2004, 06:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Six_CNotes:</font><hr> I need help with the name or brand of an accessory I want. I played with a dude this weekend who had a universal cue extender in his case. For the life of me, I can't rememeber what he told me it was (I was a little "into my cup" at the time). Anyway, I've been looking for an extender that will fit all of my cues, but didn't like the cheap plastic ones. It slid onto the end of the cue and fit really well on ALL of them. I want to say it was named after someone, but I can't be sure - Gary or Tony something or other? If you know what this is or more importantly, where I can find it - PLEASE let me know.

Thanks! <hr /></blockquote>

Good evening:

I had the butt section of my cue retrofitted by a cuemaker with a 5" extension which secures with a Uni-Loc joint. Secure, lightweight and very effective. Much better, IMHO, then the type which slides over the entire cue.

Dr. D.

woody_968
07-13-2004, 06:26 PM
For a minute there I thought this was a post from my wife /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif LOL

Seriously, the only one I know of is the plastic one so hopefully someone will have the name of the one you mean. I was watching a tape last night of Archer and Duel, Archer used one of those things I dont know how many times. Looked funny seeing him use what looked like a 12' cue.

recoveryjones
07-13-2004, 06:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Six_CNotes:</font><hr> I need help with the name or brand of an accessory I want. I played with a dude this weekend who had a universal cue extender in his case. For the life of me, I can't rememeber what he told me it was (I was a little "into my cup" at the time). Anyway, I've been looking for an extender that will fit all of my cues, but didn't like the cheap plastic ones. It slid onto the end of the cue and fit really well on ALL of them. I want to say it was named after someone, but I can't be sure - Gary or Tony something or other? If you know what this is or more importantly, where I can find it - PLEASE let me know.

Could it be this one:
http://www.thetonyryan.com/
RJ

Six_CNotes
07-13-2004, 06:44 PM
Wow, that was fast - Thanks! Yes, that's the one - I just ordered it, thanks.

SPetty
07-13-2004, 09:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Six_CNotes:</font><hr>I just ordered it, thanks. <hr /></blockquote>Hi $600,

Hey, no need to leave so fast! Stick around awhile - at least until you receive the cue extender, and please check back and give us a review of it!

Sid_Vicious
07-13-2004, 09:16 PM
What was the shipping cost of that order???sid

Six_CNotes
07-13-2004, 09:19 PM
I'm not going anywhere - just took me a while to find this 'board. I've spent most of the night reading the posts. When I get my extender, I'll post a review here. I used it in a few "tight moments" this weekend and it really helped - granted, it was just for fun, but I expect it to help in tourneys, etc.

Six_CNotes
07-13-2004, 09:25 PM
It was somewhere in the $5.30 range - maybe $5.35. I can't remember what my exact credit card charge was.

woody_968
07-13-2004, 10:57 PM
I will be looking for the review, I have one of the plastic ones but hate to use it.

Jimmy B
07-14-2004, 03:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>
Hey, no need to leave so fast! Stick around awhile - at least until you receive the cue extender, and please check back and give us a review of it! <hr /></blockquote>

My Spamdar was going off like crazy, I can't be sure but I'd vote for a blatant ad. I could be wrong I was once back in 85.
In any event if it wasn't just a shill attempt I would add that Longoni cues (Italy) makes a crazy extender that seems to have the coolest attachment feature out of all I've seen. Counting the TRyan one and that crazy plastic tube one that seems like it fell off a vacuum cleaner.
Has anyone hear bought one of those Longoni ones???
JB

catscradle
07-14-2004, 05:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>
Hey, no need to leave so fast! Stick around awhile - at least until you receive the cue extender, and please check back and give us a review of it! <hr /></blockquote>

My Spamdar was going off like crazy, I can't be sure but

<font color="blue"> Mine too! </font color>

I'd vote for a blatant ad. I could be wrong I was once back in 85.
In any event if it wasn't just a shill attempt I would add that Longoni cues (Italy) makes a crazy extender that seems to have the coolest attachment feature out of all I've seen. Counting the TRyan one and that crazy plastic tube one that seems like it fell off a vacuum cleaner.
Has anyone hear bought one of those Longoni ones???
JB

<font color="blue"> They seemed to be mentioned frequently. I sent Longoni an email of inquiry, but they never responded. Maybe if I learned Italian ... </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

Rip
07-14-2004, 07:03 AM
Jimmy,
I have a Longoni extender. I wanted to avoid sliding a huge plastic tube all the way down the shaft while hoping to avoid dings, scratches, gouges, etc. The Longoni is installed quickly from the butt end of the cue and only comes into contact with several inches of the butt. I'll dig out the email address of the distributor in L.A. if anyone is interested.
Regards,
Rip

GeorgeV
07-14-2004, 09:22 AM
I have one of the Longoni extenders also. I love it. It extends the cue about 13". Cost was about $40. I bought it from a Longoni vendor at the BCA tournaments in Vegas in May. Don't know where else to get one.

One thing that surprised me about it, though, is that the guy told me that it would fit any stick: just slip it on, twist it tight, and you're ready to go. I didn't have my stick (a Viking) with me at the time to try it out. When I got it home and put it on the Viking butt, it just barely fits. No need to even tighten it down. The problem, which I haven't experienced yet but is sure to come, is scratching up the finish on the butt. I would prefer that it slide on a bit looser, then tighten with a twist. Instead, it slides on snugly. That actually makes it easier to put on, but still...over time, I know it will scratch the finish. Not even a scuff mark so far, tho. I like it so much that I won't really mind the scratches when/if they happen.

Jimmy B
07-14-2004, 11:44 AM
If it's tight on a Viking I wonder how it would do on a fat butt like a Schuler, Hey Fred when you looked at it did you have your cue with you to give it a trial slip???

JB

Eric.
07-14-2004, 12:30 PM

Kidding. Kidding!

The best one I've seen is one made by Longoni. It's well made, not flimsy and doesn't seem like it will hurt the cue. You should PM Rip, he has one and can give you the skinny.

Eric &gt;it was a joke, dammit.

Eric.
07-14-2004, 12:35 PM
Hi D,

My only knock about that set up is that you don't have anything protecting the buttcap of your cue. While not a common thing, god forbid if the buttcap were to bounce off a hard floor and chip. Ouch.

Eric

Six_CNotes
07-14-2004, 02:53 PM
Geez, ask a question and get accused of spamming?!? I am new to this place, so I am assuming that there must be a lot of spamming going on for me to have been labeled one.

Anyway, at the risk of sounding more like a spammer...
I liked the extender and I'll still post a review when I receive mine.

I did a search for the Longoni, but can't find a darn thing about it. How does it differ from The Tony Ryan? How much does it cost?

woody_968
07-14-2004, 02:57 PM
I couldnt find anything on the Longoni either.

SPetty
07-14-2004, 04:47 PM
Here's a previous CCB thread (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=133863&amp;page=&amp;vi ew=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;vc=1) about these extenders that contains several links...

woody_968
07-14-2004, 05:15 PM
Thanks, that helped alot! For those that want to see what it look like click here (http://www.longonicues.com/download/cases%20e%20accessories/prolunga%20universale%20longoni%20-%20inglese.pdf)

I still cant find where to purchase one if I would want to, I emailed them to see if I would order direct or have to find a distributor.

Thanks SPetty. (I shoulda known to search these boards first)

SnakebyteXX
07-14-2004, 08:06 PM
Found the Longini Extender at the link below under 'Cues Accesories'. It's the next to last item listed on the third page of a total 26 accessories. Costs nearly sixty bucks before shipping. That seems kind of steep. Makes me wonder if it's good enough to be worth the price?

http://www.billiardsimport.com/

Jimmy B
07-15-2004, 02:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Six_CNotes:</font><hr>
Anyway, at the risk of sounding more like a spammer...
I liked the extender and I'll still post a review when I receive mine.

<hr /></blockquote>

Well, I'd say save us on the review, I already know you like it without even owning it. Maybe I would have thought your post more sincere if you asked the question about extenders and waited for some feedback before ordering the one you wanted. If you feel it's such an important tool maybe you should get 2 and do a head to head survey. Here is the link for the Longoni.
http://www.billiardsimport.com/
Now to prove that I am not just busting your balls, if you do buy both and give an honest review of them I will buy the one you don't like (you pay shipping.) How's that for an offer??

JB

woody_968
07-15-2004, 08:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> Maybe I would have thought your post more sincere if you asked the question about extenders and waited for some feedback before ordering the one you wanted.
JB <hr /></blockquote>

If you read his post he was looking for a certain extender, not asking for reviews of what was out there. Someone gave him the answer and he ordered it. I dont see why that would make him less credible.

daviddjmp
07-15-2004, 09:41 AM
SB-

Thanks a lot for that link. I have been trying to buy one of these for a long time. Just placed my order for one. I say Archer use one in the DCC ring game, and it definitely looks like the best of its kind on the market. Not sure about the Tony Ryan, that may be good as well. Thanks again-

woody_968
07-15-2004, 10:36 AM
The one I saw Archer using in his 30000 match against Duel looked to be the one that slid down over the cue. Maybe he was just using it because it reaches farther.

daviddjmp
07-15-2004, 11:39 AM
You may be right, but It appeared he twisted it at the top, which made me think it was the Longoni. Great thing to have, nonetheless-

Jimmy B
07-15-2004, 05:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr>
If you read his post
<hr /></blockquote>

Woody please don't expect me to read what people write here.

JB

buddha162
07-16-2004, 04:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr>
Woody please don't expect me to read what people write here.

JB <hr /></blockquote>

Are you serious? If you're not, LOL.

If you are, why do you bother responding?

-Roger