PDA

View Full Version : My new cue arrived!

stickman
07-13-2004, 09:21 PM
My 60" jp01 J. Peachauer cue was given to me this evening. My initial impression was that the cue reflected quality workmanship. The fit and finish was superb. The 60" cue fit me great, and the balance and hit was just what I was wanting. Initial impressions of the Everest tip was simply unbelievable. Up to now, the Talisman med. WB has been my favorite tip. I have never played with any tip that has the amazing grip that the Everest exhibited. It grips like a very soft tip, but doesn't hit like a soft tip. There was no spongy feeling. I played for about 4 hours and saw no sign of mushrooming. These are just my initial observations. 4 hours isn't enough time to do much more, but I have to be pleased for the short time I had to evaluate things. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

woody_968
07-13-2004, 10:59 PM
GREAT!! Im excited for ya man, Peachauer makes a nice cue IMO.

Chris Cass
07-13-2004, 11:31 PM
Hi Jim,

I'm so happy for you bud. BTW, hope you took my advice to try the Everest. If you have an extra one? Could you sell one to RichR for me? I think the Everest is a great tip. One thing I will say. The control is unbelieveable, isn't it? I love the way they shape. Just like a hard tip. It'll bring out the finesse part of your game.

But forget all that. I'm happy about the new cue. I know the finish is great. He has one of the top finishes I've personally seen. Jacoby is another with their Ultra violet light coating. I think that means it keeps the white looking white and the rest crystle clear.

Regards,

C.C.~~happy for Jim. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
07-14-2004, 12:18 AM
Peachauer makes a very good cue and the fact you got it in 60 inches is even better. I put Schon and Peachauer in the same catagorie. Well made and solid cues and the finish on both is excellent. I'm happy for you Jim, hope it makes mega bucks for you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PS do you notice a slightly softer hit, related to the longer shaft? I know that might be hard to answer because of tip and all but it should be a tad softer.

Rod

stickman
07-14-2004, 07:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Jim,

I'm so happy for you bud. BTW, hope you took my advice to try the Everest. If you have an extra one? Could you sell one to RichR for me? I think the Everest is a great tip. One thing I will say. The control is unbelieveable, isn't it? <font color="red">You are Right!!! I'd be glad to talk to RichR. If he's wanting to try a different tip, this is the one!</font color> I love the way they shape. Just like a hard tip. It'll bring out the finesse part of your game.

But forget all that. I'm happy about the new cue. I know the finish is great. He has one of the top finishes I've personally seen. Jacoby is another with their Ultra violet light coating. I think that means it keeps the white looking white and the rest crystle clear.

Regards,

C.C.~~happy for Jim. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <font color="red">I couldn't be happier. Thanks! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

stickman
07-14-2004, 07:25 AM
Rod, I couldn't detect the difference in the shaft length. The feel was so different, that it's hard to say what to attribute the difference to. I know that I had some reach shots that I appreciated the extra length. I'm sure the balance is diffent due to the extra length. I now grip on the wrap, where before I was gripping on the butt just past the wrap. The cue feels much lighter than 19 oz.

stickman
07-14-2004, 07:28 AM
Thanks! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
07-14-2004, 07:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> I'd be glad to talk to RichR. If he's wanting to try a different tip, this is the one!<hr /></blockquote>
Thanks Jim, I appreciate the offer, but that won't be necessary.
Since going to a higher level of cue ($$$), I don't do my own tips anymore. I only have the very basic hand tools and I don't trust myself with the ivory ferrules. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I probably won't be getting a new tip, until the Open, and will be getting an Everest or going back to the Moori medium. I'm not really happy with the Moori soft, which I have now.

stickman
07-14-2004, 07:58 AM
I'd certainly recommend that you give the Everest a try, based on my limited experience. Like Chris said, the control is amazing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nAz
07-14-2004, 08:08 AM
got any pics of your cue SM? i'd like to see them.

stickman
07-14-2004, 08:17 AM
Naz, It's nothing fancy, just a great playing cue.

http://www.seyberts.com/pechauer/jpseries/jp01.htm

I'll get points, inlays, ivory, silver rings, and stuff, after I win a bunch of money from playing with this one. LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cueless Joey
07-14-2004, 09:14 AM
Congrats Jim.
You couldn't wait. I was making one of these for you, I guess I have to sell it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Orphaned Woods (http://joeyincali.mypicgallery.com/woods/dscn0259_large.jpg) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ABChad
07-14-2004, 10:00 AM
Joey-

Those wood samples are HOT!!! Is that burl or bubinga? It's a little hard to tell from the pics, but if you're making cues from those samples, SIGN ME UP!!!

stickman
07-14-2004, 10:02 AM
Great looking wood. I'm sure I'll need another cue. You can never have too many can you? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
07-14-2004, 10:30 AM
BTW, Jim, a couple of years ago, I won a Pechauer cue at a C.A.T. tournament. They were a sponsor at that time.
Although it found its way to my wife's case, I too believe it is a great playing cue. The best I have ever tried, in that price range.

Scott Lee
07-14-2004, 10:45 AM
Joey...Awesome wood! Kinda looks like "leopard maple", that I saw on a new Predator cue. What is it? BTW, CB said you two were talking, and that we should get together when I'm in L.A. the end of the month, and play some, and go out to eat. I'm up for that!

Scott

Cueless Joey
07-14-2004, 11:39 AM
Scott call me. Let's go to Hollywood then go to that Thai restaurant accross.
The woods are very rare pommlle buginga. I almost feel bad in making these as blanks. They'd make for nice points.

Cueless Joey
07-14-2004, 11:43 AM
Chad I made two blanks out of those 4.
Snookered's (http://joeyincali.mypicgallery.com/woods/dennis1_large.jpg)
Pommelle handle (http://joeyincali.mypicgallery.com/woods/dennishandle_large.jpg)

This one is Snookered's cue. Sick b'eye forearm and sick pommelle handle.
A pommelle forearm with curly or b'eye handle will look sick too. You can't beat nature's "inlays". /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I won't use burl for forearm or handle. They usually hit dull. Bubingas hit crispy.
The handle and forearm are joined together ala Zylr's wood tenon way. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Cueless Joey
07-14-2004, 12:50 PM
Too late. Those are all gone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Pick one.
Drool over these. (http://joeyincali.mypicgallery.com/woods/dcp00538_large.jpg)

Snooky
07-14-2004, 02:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Chad I made two blanks out of those 4.
Snookered's (http://joeyincali.mypicgallery.com/woods/dennis1_large.jpg)
Pommelle handle (http://joeyincali.mypicgallery.com/woods/dennishandle_large.jpg)

This one is Snookered's cue. Sick b'eye forearm and sick pommelle handle.
A pommelle forearm with curly or b'eye handle will look sick too. You can't beat nature's "inlays". /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I won't use burl for forearm or handle. They usually hit dull. Bubingas hit crispy.
The handle and forearm are joined together ala Zylr's wood tenon way. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

hi!

1st post. I'm the one who ordered joey 001's cue. I has been using "Snookered" in other boards(ept, AZ, etc). But seem that the same nick has been used by another gentleman in the CCB board. Just a clarification.

Dennis aka Snooky &lt;=== the lucky one /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif