PDA

View Full Version : More Snooker Videos

05-07-2002, 09:59 PM
This was posted on one of the snooker message boads, I figured some people here might be interested. During the World Championships the BBC asked people to vote for their favorite snooker moments from the past. The top 5 have been announced and you can view the videos at;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/hi/english/other_sports/snooker/world_champs_2002/newsid_1966000/1966331.stm

Stauber

cheesemouse
05-07-2002, 11:17 PM
I just went and watched the five videos and it was very exciting. Man, do they play fast. Johny and Charlie would get run out of that place.

Rod
05-08-2002, 12:29 AM
Yea Cheese they do play fast and they were all good matches.
And me without a decent 12 footer in miles.

JohnnyP
05-08-2002, 01:08 AM
What's the shape of their cues? They look like they have a conical taper. I thought the shaft would be long and skinny.

Do they have forums where they discuss deflection and squirt, or are their cues magic?

And they shoot hard a lot. What a satisfying sound.

TomBrooklyn
05-08-2002, 04:18 AM
Excellent vids, Stauber, thanks for the link.

Enjoyable to watch with DSL Broadband. When I had a dial-up connection videos used to appear as a series of still photos... bad. Those guys have some stroke.

cheesemouse
05-08-2002, 05:20 AM
Rod,
In the late 70's there was an open 'golf' game on a 12 footer(Big Bertha) in a Bowling alley/poolhall in Portland Or. I still day dream about that table and game. Just knowing that the game existed while I worked was a good feeling. Man, you gotta have a thick skin to play open golf. You better not dump. Absolutely love the game. The rules you posted were what we played bye except your ball came off table on any foul. A good golf game has an interesting concept: all players have to work together to protect the game but only one player can win. What a great game. One of my fantasys is to have an open golf table in my dream poolhall. I still remember my first six and out...oh well.......

cheesemouse
05-08-2002, 05:22 AM
Tom,
Now that you've tasted broadband can you imagine living w/o it??? I'd go w/o hot water first.

AzHousePro
05-08-2002, 02:01 PM
I checked out all of those and they are great. I also went to http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/hi/english/other_sports/snooker/default.stm

and saw where the final session was available for viewing. Are there other videos hidden away on the site somewhere that I can't find?

Mike