PDA

View Full Version : Port-a-John Explodes

Wally_in_Cincy
07-14-2004, 08:20 AM
Can't find a link but I just heard about an exploding porta-potty. Apparently some guy lit a cigarette while using one and it exploded due to the buildup of methane gas.

So don't do that.

Personally I prefer to get in and out as quickly as possible and would not waste time lighting a smoke.

The guy is OK BTW

stickman
07-14-2004, 08:28 AM
I'm with you. Try holding your breath so you'll get out faster! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm not one to smoke a cigarette and read the read newspaper, especailly in a porta-potty.

landshark77
07-14-2004, 08:33 AM
I don't know Wally...
...sounds like a varation of this urban legend (http://www.snopes.com/spoons/legends/toilet.htm) .

stickman
07-14-2004, 08:38 AM
This might be a job for Myth Busters. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

landshark77
07-14-2004, 08:41 AM
Actually I think they already did it...I remember seeing something about it on TV. It had to have been Myth Busters.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-14-2004, 08:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> I don't know Wally...
...sounds like a varation of this urban legend (http://www.snopes.com/spoons/legends/toilet.htm) . <hr /></blockquote>

I don't know but I can tell you a story that is not an urban legend.

A fellow in Hamiltucky was using gasoline to clean a shower curtain...in his basement. Due to either the water heater or furnace pilot light, his house blew up, killing him.

I used to drive by the vacant lot every day on my way home from work.

Wally &lt;~~ thinks Darwin had a point /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pooltchr
07-14-2004, 08:58 AM
If it is legitimate, I would think our resident research king Nick will find it somewhere.

ChrisW
07-14-2004, 10:03 AM
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/71404-outhouse.html

Chris

landshark77
07-14-2004, 10:18 AM
Ok guys,
Why does the weird stuff happen in WV? I live in WV and never heard this story...I have to investigate the papers a bit more.

eg8r
07-14-2004, 10:48 AM
Why is it that if someone was to guess where this happened, West Virginia might be at the top of the list? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
07-14-2004, 10:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> Ok guys,
Why does the weird stuff happen in WV? I live in WV...<hr /></blockquote>

ls77,

did you know the toothbrush was invented in WV?

anywhere else it would have been called a teethbrush /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

landshark77
07-14-2004, 11:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> Ok guys,
Why does the weird stuff happen in WV? I live in WV...<hr /></blockquote>

ls77,

did you know the toothbrush was invented in WV?

anywhere else it would have been called a teethbrush /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

yeah, I know, thats why I has two of 'em. One for each of my teeths. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

landshark77
07-14-2004, 11:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Why is it that if someone was to guess where this happened, West Virginia might be at the top of the list? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

'Cause WV has action? 'Cause we are number 1?

Wally_in_Cincy
07-14-2004, 11:02 AM
What does a Hamiltucky girl say after sex?

"Get off me Dad you're smashin' my smokes" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

pooltchr
07-14-2004, 11:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> Ok guys,
Why does the weird stuff happen in WV? I live in WV and never heard this story...I have to investigate the papers a bit more. <hr /></blockquote>
Maybe it's just that the odds of something like this happening are directly in perportion to the number of out houses in any given area..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rod
07-14-2004, 12:01 PM
Hey Wally, it blew the crap out of him! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod
07-14-2004, 12:09 PM
Hey LS,

I think WV is the only state that allows snakes in the church. What ever they call that. I watched a special where they dance around with snakes, all poisonus. If they've been good or whatever the snakes don't bite. The main guy, might have been the Rev, got bit during the filming. He sought no medical attention and survived but it took a week. I'll bet he has been bit before.

Rod

landshark77
07-14-2004, 01:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Hey LS,

I think WV is the only state that allows snakes in the church. What ever they call that. I watched a special where they dance around with snakes, all poisonus. If they've been good or whatever the snakes don't bite. The main guy, might have been the Rev, got bit during the filming. He sought no medical attention and survived but it took a week. I'll bet he has been bit before.

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

Yes, I think I saw that on TV. I forget which religon that is. It's also the one where they talk in tounges, I think.

Yep we gots one of 'em up da road. He, He, snakes are cool!

Cueless Joey
07-14-2004, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sex and Murder in NJ Court
TRENTON, NJ-July 14, 2004 An appeals court has overturned the murder conviction of an Ocean County teen who confessed to killing a teacher who tape-recorded her pleas for mercy.
The reason: His lawyer had sex with his mother, who pressured her son to plead guilty, allegedly at the lawyer's behest.

The court says Michael LaSane's lawyer was obliged to leave the case.

The decision means LaSane can withdraw his guilty plea and seek a trial. Prosecutors are deciding whether to appeal.

LaSane pleaded guilty to felony murder for smothering Kathleen Weinstein during a carjaciking in 1996 one day before he turned 17. Authorities said he was looking to steal a car as a birthday gift to himself when he spotted the Middletown teacher in her Toyota.

Weinstein secretly turned on a tape recorder in her purse and for 46 minutes engaged the teen in conversation.

<hr /></blockquote>
On the same issue, this story confirms lawyers are scums. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif