PDA

View Full Version : What Are The Rules For Speedball?

TomBrooklyn
05-07-2002, 11:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: marek (from "What's Up With This Guy" thread), www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=11968&amp;page =0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=:</font><hr> (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=11968&amp;page =0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=:</font><hr>) ... I finished 3rd in speedball nationals (exhibition game where you try to shoot all 15 balls in the pockets as fast as possible - PB 1min5sec). <hr></blockquote> What are the rules for speedball, marek, ...or anyone? It sounds like fun.

Rod
05-08-2002, 12:24 AM
Shoot fast, don't miss, run the table. They did that around here with 6 ball for a while. For all those that over think play this game. You don't have time to think or aim much for that matter, if you go real fast.

CarolNYC
05-09-2002, 03:53 AM
Hi There,
Jason Kane won it at the BCA in Vegas last year-big check-thres a way to do it-I suggest contacting him,but then again, i think he's going to try and win it again!
Carol

marek
05-09-2002, 10:37 AM
Hi TomBrooklyn!
The rules for speedball slightly differ from country to country but in my country (Czech republic,Europe) are as follows: you have a rack of 15 balls and you break as if it was game of 8-ball. As soon as the cueball stops after the break you can continue to shoot even if there are other balls rolling on the table (the same further in the game) . You can shoot any ball in any pocket you want. Your attempt starts the moment you make the break. You are finished when last object ball is potted. It doesnt matter if you scratch on the last ball. If you scratch during the game (break included) you take the cueball and you put it on the head spot - theres no penalty for scratch. You can even play intentional foul to make better position. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
This game is always big fun as there is always large crowd and music is playing LOUD!! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
Believe me: if you are able to play this game under 70 seconds you are REALLY good!

TomBrooklyn
05-09-2002, 12:13 PM
Hi marek:
Can you shoot the cueball when it is still moving or spinning?

jjinfla
05-10-2002, 06:12 AM
Hi Tom,

Cue ball has to stop before shooting again. Dave Pearson - the ginger Wizard - has a video where he runs 10 racks in 9:18 to set the record. But they were on bar tables. Jake