PDA

View Full Version : Fujairah ready to host world billiards event?

nAz
07-15-2004, 06:10 AM
Is this a 3C event or will it be Pocket billiards?`
Does anyone know who will be playing in this event? I bet the player get the best treatment possible, those Shaikhs really know how to treat a person.

12 July 2004

DUBAI - Preparations have been completed to host the Billiards World Championship to be held in Fujairah from September 24-October 1, it was announced on Saturday.

The tournament will be held under the patronage of Shaikh Saleh bin Mohammed Al Sharqi, Chairman of the Fujairah Department of Commerce & Industry.

According to Khaled Al Mazroui, head of the organising committee, everything is well in place for hosting the big event in which the leading world stars of the game have confirmed to take part.

"I would like first to thank His Highness Shaikh Hamad bin Mohammed Al Sharqi, Member of the Supreme Council and Ruler of Fujairah for his continued support and backing of the sports movement in the emirate," he said.

Al Mazroui pointed out that the organising committee is now ready to welcome the masters of the game in the Eastern Region of the UAE.

Meanwhile, Al Mazroui said they do appreciate the role played by the national and international companies and the contributions they are making to the welfare of the society. "I would like to present our gratitude to the Dawn Right International Company which joined our efforts to host this billiards extravaganza," he said.

The international promoter and championship manager Ahmed Ebrahim said they are confident that the championship will be remembered for a long time to come. "It is a very big event which has attracted the best players of the game from different countries around the world," he said.

Basel Saleebiya, chief-executive of the Dawn Right International Company said he is pleased to work with the organisers.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-15-2004, 07:10 AM
Probably 3C

I think this is the same sheik who hosted a 9-ball tourney this year and an 8-ball tourney last year where first prize was a kilo of gold.

9 Ball Girl
07-15-2004, 08:11 AM
It's definitely 3C. My friend Pedro Piedrabuena (ranked 28) was invited to play but because of current conditions in that part of the world, he declined.

Bob_Jewett
07-15-2004, 11:06 AM
Looks like 8-ball to me. See a news article (http://www.uaeinteract.com/news/default.asp?ID=247) about it. Also, this is from the WPA web page:

For the first time in WPA history, the executive board succeeded in finding an organiser for the World Championships 8-Ball. This event will be organised in Fujeirah ...

Wally_in_Cincy
07-15-2004, 11:29 AM
The Skiekh likes 8-ball

PQQLK9
07-15-2004, 11:34 AM
Because of the beheadings in the Middle East I won't be attending.

9 Ball Girl
07-15-2004, 12:03 PM
How come he doesn't ever invite the women?

Wendy~~~stupid question?

nAz
07-15-2004, 01:42 PM
You belly dance on the tables for the men Wendal. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nAz
07-15-2004, 01:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob_Jewett:</font><hr> Looks like 8-ball to me. See a news article (http://www.uaeinteract.com/news/default.asp?ID=247) about it. Also, this is from the WPA web page:

For the first time in WPA history, the executive board succeeded in finding an organiser for the World Championships 8-Ball. This event will be organised in Fujeirah ...

<hr /></blockquote>

ah that clear it up, thanks for the link sir.

since it is not 3C i will not be showing up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif