PDA

View Full Version : Terror in the sky, long but a good read

Cueless Joey
07-15-2004, 05:05 PM
http://www.womenswallstreet.com/WWS/article_landing.aspx?titleid=1&articleid=711

Barbara
07-15-2004, 05:23 PM
Good read, CJ.

It's a shame they "outlawed" the NJ State Troopers profiling drivers. It really did used to work on the drug dealers running up the Alley (Rt 9) to NY.

Barbara

woody_968
07-15-2004, 05:27 PM
I dont know what to say, except frightening.

Cueless Joey
07-15-2004, 05:32 PM
I dunno about the validity of this profiling paranoia.
What's the profile of a skinhead or KKK klansman?
You know how El Al avoids getting hijacked?
Yup, they profile potential hijackers.

Barbara
07-15-2004, 05:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> I dunno about the validity of this profiling paranoia.
What's the profile of a skinhead or KKK klansman?
You know how El Al avoids getting hijacked?
Yup, they profile potential hijackers.
<hr /></blockquote>

Plus, El-Al has airplanes whose cockpits don't open from inside the cabin. The pilots board separately and there is no door between the airplane cabin and the pilots.

This would've worked for 9/11, but if you're going to blow up a plane, there's nothing you can do.

Barbara~~~from tragedy will hopefully come a lot of new technology

PQQLK9
07-15-2004, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the nice post CJ

Rod
07-15-2004, 06:24 PM
That was a good read. I'd be more than curious myself. I seldom fly but I will remember this story if I do.

dg-in-centralpa
07-15-2004, 06:48 PM
Interesting post. Makes me worry even more. My 13 year old daughter is in Madrid right now and heading for Paris on Saturday.

DG - can't wait until she's home

wolfdancer
07-16-2004, 01:52 AM
The "overlooked" clue here is the McDonald's bag. I believe they had filled it with Big Mac's...and since beef is verboten in their religion, they each ate one in the lavatory...and the last guy indicated that they were all gone. I'm not a real terrorist profiler, but I did stay at a Day's Inn (AARP discount) last nite
While checking the spelling of verboten, I discovered that contrary to popular belief, Hitler was not a true vegetarian. While it was true that his doctor's prescribed a vegetable diet, to cure flatulance...his favorite dish was stuffed squab.....( the useful things that you learn on the net )
Wimmen???on Wall Street??? that's why I voted against the 19th amendment...give em an inch....and they'll want

Wally_in_Cincy
07-16-2004, 06:45 AM
So political correctness is now not only foolish but deadly.

I heard Japanese-American Mineta was interned in WWII so he's jittery about profiling.

If those smelly bastards try to take over a plane by force again some good old corn-fed Americans, me included, will kill them with their bare hands. But a bomb is a whole nother matter.

hopefully somebody wakes up soon.

Barbara
07-16-2004, 06:50 AM
It's waaaaay past your bedtime, isn't it jd...

Barbara

wolfdancer
07-16-2004, 03:11 PM
you really know how to hurt a guy, with your acrid wit....and on a day when I got diagnosed with a serious medical condition.
Medicare has decided that being overweight is an illness...no more "super grande burritos" for me, if i want to recover.

Maybe it's just the last 30 or 40 lbs I put on that's diseased.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-20-2004, 10:51 AM
This story is starting to grow legs nationally. I'm glad. The people need to know how dangerous political correctness can be.