PDA

View Full Version : Player(s/z?) cues vs Fury cues

wantsumrice
07-15-2004, 10:43 PM
I was telling my friend about getting a fury cue, and he told me to check out "Players (or is it playerz)" cues. I'm going into a cue shop tomorrow to check out both, but what do you guys think? Or have you even heard of "players" cues? And which is the better deal?

~ivan

Frank_Glenn
07-16-2004, 02:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wantsumrice:</font><hr> I was telling my friend about getting a fury cue, and he told me to check out "Players (or is it playerz)" cues. I'm going into a cue shop tomorrow to check out both, but what do you guys think? Or have you even heard of "players" cues? And which is the better deal?

~ivan <hr /></blockquote>

It's Players and they are made by the same company that makes Lucasi. They are a good cue for the money as long as you realize you are getting decals and not inlays in most cases (this is true for most cues in that price range). If you go with no points and no decals, you will do better, IMO. It will also cost less. I have a Player jump/break that I use all the time.

PoOn
07-16-2004, 03:26 AM
it depends on which series of Fury cues you get, there are the DL series which is the cheapest with decals and not inlays (stainless steel joint), the NR series which have inlays and are in the $195-$220 price range (stainless steel joint), and the RP series which are the top of the line Fury cues and the most expensive with inlays (wood to wood joint with radial pin) if you just want a cue without inlays i would say to look at the Players cues... and also Frank added that you would be paying more for decals so keep that in mind...

Frank_Glenn
07-16-2004, 04:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PoOn:</font><hr> it depends on which series of Fury cues you get, there are the DL series which is the cheapest with decals and not inlays (stainless steel joint), the NR series which have inlays and are in the $195-$220 price range (stainless steel joint), and the RP series which are the top of the line Fury cues and the most expensive with inlays (wood to wood joint with radial pin) if you just want a cue without inlays i would say to look at the Players cues... and also Frank added that you would be paying more for decals so keep that in mind... <hr /></blockquote>

I didn't mean that Player was a better cue, I was referring to the spelling question. I have not played with a Fury, so I reserved comment on them.

pooltchr
07-16-2004, 06:07 AM
I have played with both Fury and Players cues. As was already mentioned, Players are made in the same factory as Lucasi. I believe Fury is also made in the same factory. Each brand is made to different specifications. I prefer Fury if for no other reason than I have found Sterling (distributor for Fury) to be one of the best companies to deal with when it comes to customer service and satisfaction. The Fury DL series is comparable to Players, although this year's DL has a new joint that I really like. Yes they are decal as is anything in that price range. The NR series is very similar to Lucasi without the Unilock joint. I chose the RP because I really like the hit that comes with a Radial Pin wood-wood joint.
I would recommend Fury to anyone looking at a cue in that price range. Fury really stands behind their product.
Steve

kenzone
07-16-2004, 06:45 AM
I'm selling a brand new (still in plastic wrap) Fury RP Series Pool Cue Model RP-10, for $450/OBO. Cue specifications can be found at the link below:

http://www.cuesight.com/furp10.html

NOTE: The redish color on the cue is actual a light orangish color on the cue for sale.

If you require a pic of the cue, let me know.

Please email me at ryanbandoy@hotmail.com if you are interested or have any questions.

Ryan

kenz54
07-16-2004, 07:05 PM
Ivan, do you want a pretty cue or a good playing cue. For $200.00 you can do better than player or fury in my opinion.
There were several good suggestions in your last post.

wantsumrice
07-16-2004, 11:20 PM
Yeah, you're right kenz, but I was just comparing the two cheap cues.