PDA

View Full Version : practicing with instructor...FINALLY!

marek
07-16-2004, 06:17 AM
Hi people!
Its been quite a long time since my last post. Last 2 months I have worked mainly on my fitness building my leg muscles. I have come to the conclusion that leg endurance is the "bottleneck" in my game. So I tried to turn this weakness into my strenght. After those 2 months I can say that I can play 50% longer till some signs of fatigue appear. Thats great news for me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif But last week one even greater thing has happened to me: I have made an agreement with pool instructor (one of only three instructors here in Czech Republic) to practice together... Wow!During the very first training session he found 3 major technique flaws which were quite harmful to my game! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif But once I made the correction to those problems my game became almost effortless!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif All that in only 45 minutes of play...amazing! We worked all week together practicing drills and working on those technique issues. Guess what he told me? He told me that once I get used to the new technique I will be a MONSTER! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Now I can tell you that even though I have to think about NOT doing those bad things almost all the time I play FAR better than I used in the past! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I am running racks as if I was eating hotdogs... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I almost fear to think what will my game look like once I get used to those changes.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
And you know what? He wants NO money at all! Its true that I have made some translation from english for him in the past for free but even though it surprises me. He says that I will be his "playing advertisement"... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rich R.
07-16-2004, 07:37 AM
This sounds like a great deal Marek.

I hope it pays off, for both of you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
07-16-2004, 07:45 AM
Is his name Scott Lee? hahahaha J/K, it's a joke about someone that suggested the same about Scott awhile back when you weren't around Marek. I'm always glad to hear when your doing well. How's your sponsorships going?

Regards,

C.C.

kenz54
07-16-2004, 07:46 AM
I love win, win situations!

pooltchr
07-16-2004, 09:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote marek:</font><hr> even though I have to think about NOT doing those bad things almost all the time I play FAR better than I used in the past! <hr /></blockquote>

Once you have practiced those things to the point that they become habits, you will REALLY see your game jump. When the correct techniques are automatic, your mind is free to concentrate on the shot itself!
Congratulations!

rah
07-16-2004, 09:42 AM
Congrats Marek. Now tell us what he corrected please LOL. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

marek
07-16-2004, 11:57 AM
So you want to know my weaknesses? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Ok here they go... First I didnt have my head positioned straight over the cue due to the low position of the head over the cue. Second my grip on the cue was too close to the end of the cue, I had to shorten the grip. Third my open bridge was troubling me thanks to my thumb being risen too high so it diverged my aiming especially at close range. Fourth my stroke wasnt fluent enough so I had to change my stroke routine completelly. This one wasnt that serious but IMHO its better to change all the bad things at once. My instructor told me that its almost miracle that I was able to shoot with such technique on the level of competition where I am. He told me that it is thanks to my ability to see almost all the shots on the table, that my aiming comfort zone is tremendous. So once I get used to the new technique........ /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

marek
07-16-2004, 12:09 PM
I can feel it myself, its all about confidence and the new technique gives me lot of it... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif THX for the encouragement! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

marek
07-16-2004, 12:12 PM
Yeah me too. And I plan to create such situations in the future.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

marek
07-16-2004, 12:14 PM
Support is still here, dont have to worry... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

marek
07-16-2004, 12:16 PM
It pays off for me without doubt... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

yegon
08-18-2004, 02:20 PM
What is the name of your instructor? If you do not want to put it out here please PM me. Thanks.