PDA

View Full Version : Efren Reyes ousted

recoveryjones
07-16-2004, 06:30 AM
Marlon Manalo (Philipinnes) continues to surprise as he has just ousted fellow countryman Efren Reyes rather convincingly 11-4.In the earlier rounds he also desposed of Bustamnte and the highly touted Yang. Primarily a snooker player, MM has seemingly adapted to the game of 9 ball quite well.

It seems that snooker players like Manalo (currently) and Davis and Drago(PAST performances) can adapt well to our game of nine ball, while pool players usually find the transistion to snooker ( at a world level) such a difficult challenge.RJ

justbrake
07-16-2004, 07:15 AM
maybe we should have all our children play snooker before they get to a pool table in this country! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Chris Cass
07-16-2004, 07:38 AM
Going from a 5 x 10 or a regular 6 x 12 table is the key. The tighter pockets haven't much to do with it because the balls are smaller but it does have to do with focusing and I think that too helps. Hope this guy does good. Never heard of him but I like the underdog better all the time. I do like Efren though. He's just a great player and with a great attitude.

Regards,

C.C.~~my .02

justbrake
07-16-2004, 07:43 AM
if you looked at my previous post here I had my money on Bustamante,he was doing good but I don't know what the hell happened to him! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Chris Cass
07-16-2004, 07:58 AM
Woops,

I didn't know you had doe on Busty. Sorry man, hopefully you can recover. Busty doesn't have to lose against anyone.

Regards,

C.C.~~no disrespect intended...

Rod
07-16-2004, 12:52 PM
Woops, I had Reyes going farther than this loss, but not to win. Guess we'll see what happens. I've never heard of Manalo, must hit em pretty good. I think snooker does improve your concentration.

Rod

adc
07-17-2004, 05:50 AM
Also, the accuracy required on a snooker table is higher? At least in my opinion. The transition from a snooker table to a pool table is quite easy, only thing that really needs adapting is the game play.

When I moved from snooker to 8-ball, the best thing was, everything seems... so.. pottable. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

shooter72283
07-17-2004, 03:34 PM
Playing snooker will also help a great deal when trying to play with nothing but a center-ball hit, I think. Those little balls react to english a lot more drastically then a pool ball.