PDA

View Full Version : Stewart goes to the slammer

Rod
07-16-2004, 01:26 PM
I wonder what made her or the broker feel they could get one past the SEC?

But she's not there yet.
[ QUOTE ]
Cedarbaum allowed Stewart to postpone the sentence while her lawyers appeal her conviction a process that could take months, and that legal experts have called an uphill battle.<hr /></blockquote>

Poor Martha and she feels so bad for her employees. Well not bad enough to keep paying them. lol

Martha (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5444565/)

wolfdancer
07-16-2004, 03:24 PM
If I was on the jury, i'd have voted for the death penalty, but I understand it wasn't even an option. And her broker, Peter Bocanovic, received a similiar sentance. I understand the judge was not impressed with him singing "That's what friends are for..." as his defense
I still think he is innocent...everybody knows that stockbrokers and lawyers are above reproach.
Ken Lay is innocent also...that's what he said in his public statement...and added that his (former) employess, the ones that haven't committed suicide, after their financial ruin, still wish him well

Rod
07-16-2004, 03:33 PM
Yes but Bocanovic was only fined 4k. Chump change to him and the 51k to Martha. Hardly worth going through a long trial. With Martha though she want's to save her public image. That is so she can still make millions.

Rod

eg8r
07-16-2004, 10:36 PM
I believe she got 5 months time, which would be spent on house arrest. Is this correct? I am happy they are finally doing something to the celebrities when they do wrong. Too many times they are allowed to walk free.

eg8r

Rod
07-16-2004, 11:28 PM
From my understanding of this writing nothing was done because of an appeal. It appears she'll go to jail if she looses. House arrest is a little to tame IMO.

Rod

TomBrooklyn
07-17-2004, 06:20 AM
If she goes to jail, she will probably have the place looking ship-shape and more attractive in no time. Maybe they'll rotate her between the kitchen, laundry, janitorial, and landscaping jobs so she can add some of her magic touch all over.

TomBk

Wally_in_Cincy
07-17-2004, 06:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> I believe she got 5 months time, which would be spent on house arrest. Is this correct? I am happy they are finally doing something to the celebrities when they do wrong. Too many times they are allowed to walk free.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

She got 5 months jail (federal country club...er...prison) and 5 months house arrest.

Personally I think if she had just been some schmoe off the street she would have gotten probation. And they are trying to do the same thing to Limbaugh.

woody_968
07-19-2004, 07:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
Personally I think if she had just been some schmoe off the street she would have gotten probation. <hr /></blockquote>

Thats what I thought too Wally.

rukiddingme
07-20-2004, 07:25 AM
Actually I think that if she was indeed guilty...and the jury thought she was...she should of gotten a higher sentence not because she is Martha Stewart former ceo of MSO but because she was a member of the board of governors of the NY Stock Exchange.
ruk