PDA

View Full Version : Florida Boy Dies When Left in Hot Car

PQQLK9
07-16-2004, 02:14 PM
Florida Boy Dies When Left in Hot Car

BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) - A 3-year-old boy died when his dentist father left him inside a sport utility vehicle for three hours, officials said.

Dr. Dennis F. Sierra took his son Andres to work with him Thursday and left the boy in the car, intending to be in the office for only a short time, Palm Beach County sheriff's spokeswoman Diane Carhart said.

A relative called Sierra about three hours later to ask about the boy, and the father and office employees rushed to the car to find Andres was not breathing.

The boy died about an hour later at West Boca Medical Center.

It was not immediately known if any charges would be filed. Sierra was not arrested Thursday, said his lawyer, Michael Salnick.

``This is an absolute tragedy, a nightmare,'' Salnick said. ``Total devastation is the only way to describe how Dr. Sierra feels.''

An autopsy was planned.

Rod
07-16-2004, 03:08 PM
That's really sad. Just to leave him in the car alone no matter the time was a huge mistake.

dg-in-centralpa
07-16-2004, 03:13 PM
What a shame. An innocent person, a child no less who couldn't get fresh air, died because of this guy's ignorance. And to think he has a college degree. With all the deaths that happen like this every year, you would think people would get it by now.

DG

9 Ball Girl
07-16-2004, 03:34 PM
I thought about my 3 year old neice and the thought sickens me. They should pluck every tooth out of that a$$hole a la "The Running Man".

TomBrooklyn
07-16-2004, 04:02 PM
I thought of my tortoise and how nervous I get when I have him in the tub with the water running if I leave for even a minute. If I start doing something else, I may forget and let the water fill up the tub, and I don't know how long he can swim.

No multasking when life is at stake. That's my motto.

Cueless Joey
07-16-2004, 04:14 PM
One professor here killed his child too last year.]
He parked his car near a shade and expected his child to survive that.
What is up with these people?

PQQLK9
07-16-2004, 05:29 PM
This is so sad. I read the other day about someone leaving a dog in the car but this takes the cake. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Voodoo Daddy
07-17-2004, 04:03 AM
That was all over the news down here, anyone that leaves a breathing thing in a car with the windows rolled up in THIS HEAT should be charged with 1st degree murder and sent to general population in Stark or Raiford prisons <Florida's version of Rykers Island> with a sign around their neck saying :"I left my son in a car with the windows rolled up and he died, BEAT MY ASS"!!!!

Voodoo~~~hates the abuse of the weak

Wally_in_Cincy
07-17-2004, 06:41 AM
What a dumass.

I heard about some gizmo that is supposed to alert a driver of this, triggered by weight or something.

Of course it would not have helped in this case since he did it on purpose.

Kato
07-17-2004, 05:58 PM
I agree Steve. As we both know it can be almost unbearable this time of year down here IN THE SHADE, WITH A BREEZE OF THE OCEAN!!!!!!!!!

Kato /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

CarolNYC
07-19-2004, 03:32 AM
OMG-inexcusable!
They should put him in a car for 3 hours and see how it feels!
Carol

catscradle
07-19-2004, 09:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> Florida Boy Dies When Left in Hot Car

<hr /></blockquote>

That is absolutely unforgivable. Even if it wasn't a hot day, you don't leave you child in your car unattended and out of your sight for even a few seconds. Period, end of story. I hope they nail him to the wall, tragedy or no tragedy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

07-23-2004, 05:31 AM
"MY" justice system would have him chained to the back seat in the same car in the Arizona desert..let him rot with the car..i dont understand where this guys head was that working on peoples teeth was more important than his kids safety . He bought himself a one way ticket in the speed pass lane to HELL

Chris Cass
07-24-2004, 08:04 PM
This is sad. I'm really surprized that man wasn't arrested. He should be and I believe it's a law too. No matter if it's Fla or regardless of what the weather is like. You just don't leave a child alone in a vehicle to fen for themselves. I hope he's charged will atleast Manslaughter and Vehicular hommicide might fit. In any event, I hate to be him and have the thoughts of what he has done inside his head forever. If he's any decent kind of father he'll live in hell. How the heck could he forget about his kid?

C.C.

Popcorn
07-24-2004, 08:32 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-psierra22jul22,0,3665796.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines