PDA

View Full Version : For those who aren't going to the Open, and some

Karatemom
07-17-2004, 12:04 PM
Since we, Spike and me, are not going to the Open in VA this year, we are gearing up for the Midwest Expo in St. Charles, IL, in October. Does anyone else here plan on going as well? From what I can tell so far, it sure sounds like it is going to nothing but pool, pool, and more pool!!! It was a nice set up last year, and I've heard it will change a little this year, but there are so many events being added that it seems as though there is something for everyone this year.

Spike will be playing in the juniors, if he keeps his grades up, LOL. I plan on playing in the 8 ball event, and absolutely have to watch all the other events, one pocket, banks, etc. Might even play in a scotch doubles if I'm asked.

Last year, I remember meeting Blackheart and his wonderful wife, Fred and Jimmy, and ruk. Sure hope there are more of us this year, and hope that we do better than last year, LOL.

Heide ~ sorry i can't go to the VA Open, but ecstatic about the Midwest Open

Leviathan
07-17-2004, 12:29 PM
Glad to hear you and Spike are going to the Midwest, Heide--know you'll have a great time. The anticipation is always a big part of the fun, isn't it? So tell us--how's your 8-Ball coming along, and what's up with Brown Belt's game these days?

Regards,

Alan S.

Karatemom
07-17-2004, 01:49 PM
My game is coming along slow but sure, but I'm not the best person to ask because I must have very high standards for myself and don't see what others do.

Spike on the other hand, it ripping through the adults here in town. He gives one guy the 8 out consistently, tries to give him the 7, but has some trouble with that. He has an audience almost every time we go up to the pool hall. He can definitely fend for himself on the table.

Heide ~ pool and work, that's what I do, LOL

Jimmy B
07-18-2004, 12:45 AM
It was nice to see you last year, but this year I decided to go to DCC, so no other tourneys before that.

JB

Chris Cass
07-18-2004, 01:03 AM
Hi Duke,

I've bben thinking about the One Pocket. Can't wait to watch some. I've been having a hard time of deciding which event to play in myself. LOL

Heide has been shooting really well. She's constantly downing her game. Like Susan, she thinks she's terrible. When, I'm the one how hears how well she's playing from others. I see it too but I can't get through to her. So, when someone says something to me then I tell her. She doesn't believe me but she knows I don't lie.

Spike on the other hand is totally uncontrolable. He shoots awesome and knows so much already. He misses and slams the $700. Schon on the table. I get so mad. I finally had to give up.

The kid can get action anytime. I don't let him gamble but he plays with everyone, including Jesse. Remember that millionare guy that I wrote about? Well, he gives him the 8 ball in a race to 5. He beats the guy and the guy gets mad and quits him. The next time he gives the guy the 7 ball and he beats Spike. Now spike gets all mad too. Now, the next time Spike goes over and woofs again and tells him he'll give him the 8 wild and spot him 3 games to 5 on the wire. Can he woof.

Another guy plays him and he beats him and the guy takes his $750. Jesse James model Jacoby(new) and throws it on the carpet and steps on it. Slaming the cb down on the table when he loses to Spike. How can I teach him when other adults act like that? Spike got mad tonight because he gave the guy the 8 and lost. If he misses a shot he's mad.

So, I got one who doesn't see how well she's playing and another that thinks he's Earl and shouldn't miss. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif One good thing. He doesn't get too upset in the big tourneys, like the junior events. He goes to the restroom and cools off. Heide really has improved since I've gotten her to play some straight pool. I'd say two balls.

I'm just a earpiece,

C.C.~~can't wait for the Midwest Expo..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Leviathan
07-18-2004, 06:43 AM
Oh, man, Chris--you're killing me! I can just see your face when Spike slams the Schon on the table. Well, with you and Heide to teach him, he'll learn better. For now, he's a kid playing pretend badman and having a good time.

I'll make a prediction: I predict that Heide will become a very strong player. She's smart, level-headed, and tough. She's got good coaching and she cares about the game. I think she'll be the kind of player who plays very tough against opponents who are supposed to beat her. She'll be a player who can hang in and seize any opportunity to win.

Got to see you guys play sometime, you One-Pocket monster!

Thanks to you and Heide for all the news,

Alan

Chris Cass
07-18-2004, 10:03 AM
Hi Alan,

She's that and then some right now. LOL Spike? Well, he's a monster already with the Killer Instinct of a lion. This kid can play. I see him and Heide turning masters within 1 yr. I've taught them moves(the right kind and wrong to recognize), One pocket, straight pool and they can play safe like nobody's business.

You have to see them shoot. I think I'll have to tape some and send it to you. You won't believe your eyes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm so proud of both of them I could spit. I also can pull the rest of my hair out too. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~one day I'll meet you and can't wait. My love to Dad. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Perk
07-19-2004, 06:03 AM
I beleive that I am going to be at the Open with a few friends. We are trying to finalize the hotel arrangements at the moment. I was debating on which tourneys to enter myself. I think the 8ball is a definate, I might opt for the golf outing instead of playin in 8 and 9....not sure yet. Cant wait for it!

Frank_Glenn
07-19-2004, 06:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Perk:</font><hr> I beleive that I am going to be at the Open with a few friends. We are trying to finalize the hotel arrangements at the moment. I was debating on which tourneys to enter myself. I think the 8ball is a definate, I might opt for the golf outing instead of playin in 8 and 9....not sure yet. Cant wait for it! <hr /></blockquote>

There is no 8 ball tournament at the open unless it is at some pool hall and set up by some group like the CCB III tournament is. The Open is a 9 ball tournament in the Chesapeak Convention Center. The CCB tournament is in a pool hall (Q-Masters) in Va Beach.

Chris Cass
07-19-2004, 07:38 AM
Hi Frank,

I believe Perk was talking about the Midwest Expo. Heide will be playing in that event. Funny, all these tourneys and when someone says Open it's only the one in Va. I say Open to anyone and they bring up golf. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~see ya at the Open. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Perk
07-19-2004, 11:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> Heide ~ sorry i can't go to the VA Open, but ecstatic about the Midwest Open <hr /></blockquote>

hmmm....maybe the confusion started with Heide /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I was talking about the Midwest Expo/Open gathering that near Chicago.....

Chris, maybe if they had golf courses in Iowa, you might enjoy golf /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Heckling me at work, I might have to accept a generous spot from ya in October if you go to the Expo with Heide and Spike... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Scott Lee
07-19-2004, 11:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr>

Last year, I remember meeting Blackheart and his wonderful wife, Fred and Jimmy, and ruk. Sure hope there are more of us this year, and hope that we do better than last year, LOL.

Heide ~ sorry i can't go to the VA Open, but ecstatic about the Midwest Open <hr /></blockquote>

Heide...Didn't you guys see Mike &amp; Jenny Athens, from Des Moines, too? They'll be back again, I believe!

Scott

Doctor_D
07-19-2004, 11:32 AM
Good afternoon:

I will be attending, as well as exhibiting, at the Midwest Billiards Open this year. You will find us in Booth # 10 on the main level.

Dr. D.

Sid_Vicious
07-19-2004, 12:16 PM
Dang, give you'z guys a state to have an event in, and y'all find the farthest, most remote northern crevice in the entire state to hold it ;-)

It would be nice if us southerners were treated to a southern IL event,,,,I could make a road trip fun fun if so....sid~~~knows you have nothing to do with the location Heidi, just poking fun at ya'

Bob
07-19-2004, 12:22 PM
Hello All and thanks Heide for bringing up the Midwest Open.

The event is going to be huge, I have just hired a few people to start helping me out with it. Mega events du jour, to include GOLF! Yes, that 4 letter word not associated with billiards but here to help strengthen our Junior Event. All proceeds will go towards making our junior event the best, well participated in the land in years to come. I figured that golf is where the big $$ was so, enterprising off it to benefit billiards was the way to go!

Your thoughts please?

OK, thanks again folks, I will be spending my time mingling with the players this year instead of putting out forest fires in the back.

Both Bob and I really appreciate all your support.

Eydie

Karatemom
07-19-2004, 06:23 PM
That's so wonderful to hear. You are just one of the many that I have yet to meet and am thrilled you will be there.

Heide ~ counting down to the Midwest Expo, to hell with the U.S. Open, LOL

Karatemom
07-19-2004, 06:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Heide...Didn't you guys see Mike &amp; Jenny Athens, from Des Moines, too? They'll be back again, I believe!

Scott <hr /></blockquote> No, I met them in Waterloo at the Iowa State 8 Ball Champs. Very nice people. The Expo last year was pretty hectic, not much time to meet anyone except those I already knew. I plan on having some free time this year to just relax, sit with friends, and have a few.

Heide

Karatemom
07-19-2004, 06:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Perk:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> Heide ~ sorry i can't go to the VA Open, but ecstatic about the Midwest Open <hr /></blockquote>

hmmm....maybe the confusion started with Heide /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I was talking about the Midwest Expo/Open gathering that near Chicago.....

Chris, maybe if they had golf courses in Iowa, you might enjoy golf /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Heckling me at work, I might have to accept a generous spot from ya in October if you go to the Expo with Heide and Spike... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>Now how did I start the confusion? I understood that you meant the Midwest Open, LOL. Talking about the Open's is like talking about Who's On First! LOL.

Heide ~ excited to meet new people in less than 3 months!