PDA

View Full Version : CCBIII Format Voting

Tom_In_Cincy
07-17-2004, 05:50 PM
Just to address the few CCB posters that have questioned the non-involvement of decision making.

I understand fully the concerns of all that have mentioned that their voice was not heard.

My appologies for not including anyone in this decision. It was my short sightedness and inconsideration that may have caused any bad feelings. It was all my doing, and I will take full responsibility. Therefore I will not partake in any more responsibilities for CCBIII.

Someone else needs to contact Barry Berhman about the use of his pool hall for Saturday morning for a CCBIII Tournament. I will not be there. I have made other plans.

Please take some time to ponder the formats and place your vote accordingly.

I didn't get to take part in last year's tournament. I was there, but there were an odd number of players, so I offered my spot to make the pairings equal. This may also happen again this year.

1. Keep it the way it is now.

2. Same as last year- But we will need someone that has a laptop and printer and get the program from Mr. Ingrate and know how to run the program for the tournament. A volunteer is needed.

p.s. Anyone could have stepped up and posted this voting and it would have been perfectly accecptable. This is a forum.

cueball1950
07-17-2004, 08:13 PM
Tom: i am deeply saddened that you are not going to be present at the ccb 3 this year. You are a nice person and it will most definately not be the same without you. As you also know i was there also last year and had to miss the fun as i had to return home a day early. I am really looking forward to this years tournament.please reconsider and come play with up. Wil you be going to the dinner with us on friday night? Well here's hoping...............mike

Ross
07-17-2004, 11:12 PM
Tom, Tom, Tom, Tom, Tom...

Don't bow out! I enjoyed your company last year (remember we played in the dark) and I think of you as part of the backbone of CCB. And I think I speak for others as well when I say that.

OK, I do have problems with the format of the tourney being changed without discussion from all involved, but it is not personal with me. I have NO problems with you or Wendy or anyone else involved in the tournament. I am sure that if you came up with a different format you did it for good reasons - you thought we would have a better time that way. Maybe the format you suggested (I still don't know completely what it is) is the one that most CCB'ers will want, maybe not. IT DOESN'T MATTER! Let's get together and play whatever format is picked.

Disagreement and discussion are par for the course for a family and CCB is sort of a "family." Don't abandon the family just because some of us have different opinions! Just hang in there and we'll all work it out.

Ross ~ putting in my personal "draft Tom" vote

Chris Cass
07-18-2004, 12:00 AM
Huh??? What's this all about? If I knew it was going to be this hard and it was all about winning then, that's the attitude I'll go in there with.

I think it's not right for you just to dump the thing but by reading all the I'm going to go two and out stuff. I might have to bring some tissues. I've been two and out all my life. That's what pools all about. To be totally honest, I didn't care for last yrs format at all.

I like Dave and appreciated what he had done. Both him and his lovely wife were more than cordial. They're some great people. That's why I had no problems with it. Respect is what he deserved for their hard work and time and equipment. It was fun but frustrating too. No time to relax and talk with someone for awhile. It was different but not what I expected. Many don't even play the 9 fts. I did have fun but it was because that was my intent.

It sure wasn't about winning but I walked in 6mths out of the hospital, played in the Open with 5mths practice on a bar box then, played the ccb tourney on 9 fts. Not to mention in a hurricane and no lights.

You remember Tom. I couldn't even breath. Listen to me Tom. I appreciate your trying to do something totally nice and devote your time doing it. Also, for last yr when you sat out to get the thing off the ground. Well, I have to agree with you. I'm also starting to see where Voodoo was coming from. This isn't that hard.

What's this Killerbreak thing coming from? I thought Anon Ed played? Heck, he was a low B and the C's are having a hard time with it. Heck, the C player don't have to lose. There were more D's than C's. Heck, most people were having so much fun talking while they shot.

Well, if your not playing then I'm not either. We'll just grab a 9 ft and play some One Pocket. Besides, I'm an A player. That might not sit too well.

Regards,

C.C.~~much to do about nothing, if you ask me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

SPetty
07-18-2004, 09:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> I will not be there. I have made other plans. <hr /></blockquote>Hi Tom,

I'm sorry that what I posted hurt your feelings. That was definitely not my intent at all. I realize now that I shouldn't have posted to express my opinions and I'm sorry. Please change your mind about attending. As I'm sure you know, we can't do it without you. Didn't you say it was going to be fun? Don't you want to have fun?

9 Ball Girl
07-18-2004, 09:30 AM
I'm going to say this once and that's it. [censored] [censored] [censored]!!!! The anger that has washed over me because this is what our fun has to come to???

This is the one trip that I look forward to all year. I love eveyone that I've met and I'll be [censored] if some stupid [censored] debacles our fun. Tom, you know as well as some others here that I was just about to throw in the towel myself because frankly, I can't deal with all this fussy [censored] bullshit. If I knew that it was going to come to this, I would've never offered my time to do what I've done. And believe me, I don't mind doing it 'cause I've done it for us before. After I read your PM that you sent me a couple of days ago, I felt better.

I can't do it without you and my guys that'll be there.

[censored] all of this [censored] trivial [censored]!

Wendy&lt;---if you're out, I'm out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Chris Cass
07-18-2004, 09:54 AM
Tom,

After thinking about this you just can't quit. It means too much to to many people. Unless someone is going to take the responsibility of taking on this huge task on, they should just go with the flow.

I know exactly how your feeling because I too run tourneys at our hall. Your just not going to please everyone and never will. You can however please me. Please reconcider for me, as a personal favor. I'll owe you bigtime and if anyone has anything to complain about afterwards then, they can pm me.

You know what I've been through this past yr and you know how much it means to me to be around you, and the rest of the people we love. I'll help too if I can. If I do anything in the Open I'll give you a cut, and you'd deserve it too, but please do me this favor.

Your friend,

C.C.~~if you refuse I'll never hold it against you but I will be honored if you reconcider.

Ross
07-18-2004, 10:10 AM
Wendy, if my post was part of your stress, I'm sorry. That was not the goal at all. I just thought all of us should have been included in the discussion of this year's format. Does that make me a [censored]? Hope not! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I have supported the CCB tournament throughout. Last year I brought prizes and gave them out and stayed and cheered even though I arrived an hour too late to play myself. This year I plan to play and have fun and help in any way I can, no matter what the format.

I hope everyone will cool down a little bit and realize that we all want the same thing - to have a fun CCB tournament. So what if not everyone agrees right away? That's why we discuss it, IMO.

Ross ~ now going to work on my yard to relax

Popcorn
07-18-2004, 10:21 AM
Friends get together every night in pool rooms all over the world and it does not take a master plan. It seems like you all have over complicated this thing spoiling it's original intent. If you guys just showed up an hung out for the night, played a little pool, B.S. isn't that what it was to be in the first place? I may or may not be there but If I am, I will stick my head in and say hello, but not because there is a tournament or I may get a prize. The sad thing is, this is so typical. My wife's sisters and brothers planed an anniversary for their parents that turned into such a mess, who planed what, who paid for what, who did the most work, who didn't appreciated the work, that now 15 years later some of what took place is yet to be resolved. If they had all just gotten together and had some cake and coffee and sang happy anniversary, non of it would have happened. The reason for occasions always get lost in elaborate plans over shadowing the real intent. So, if I am there I will say hello, that is the extent of my planing.

9 Ball Girl
07-18-2004, 10:55 AM
Nah, your post didn't stress me out. It stressed me out when I saw that it got to Tom as it did. I've done tourneys before and like anything else, you can never please anyone. So be it I guess. I've been doing this since Day 1 and Tom has always been there, and without him it wouldn't be the same. Everyone has the right to voice their opinions otherwise this would be one very boring forum. It just started getting a little over the top with little details and what not.

The first time we did it, we had just all met each other and we were serious when we played because we were in "impress" mode I guess. Hell, I went 2 and out and I still had fun. The following year was even more fun because we got to know each other more through the forum and looked forward to seeing each other yet again.

I just want my "Dad" back. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-18-2004, 11:00 AM
Hey Popcorn you should pop in and say Hi.

I agree completely with your post, as I mentioned, I've done tourneys before and other things that require planning and there are always disagreements. It's the nature of the beast. Last year, everyone was so laid back and we were having fun, mostly due to the Hurricane where we had to make do with what we had and it turned out fun as well as the anxiety of seeing and playing everyone again. I'm assuming it would just get better with every year.

Kato
07-18-2004, 12:28 PM
We do that the rest of the time /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You're right though Popcorn, it's just gotten a tad silly. I try to see everyone's point of view HOWEVER it's not like I'm putting a great deal of effort putting together group events. It's for that reason I just show up and hang out with my friends that I get to see once per year.

Kato~~~will hopefully see my buds Tom and Wendy at Q-Masters that Saturday morning.

Rich R.
07-18-2004, 01:41 PM
Tom, I strongly encourage you to reconsider and help us run the tournament, once again. You have been there from the start and I hope you continue.

I have said it before and I will say it again, I will be there, regardless of the format.

Let us all not lose sight of the reason for this tournament. It is for us all to meet and greet our internet friends and have a good time, doing what we all love. It is not about winning and losing. It is about having fun. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
07-19-2004, 06:57 AM
Hi Ross,

I could sure use some help in my yard. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif BTW Ross, thanks for donating the accustats tapes at last yrs tourney. That was really nice. I also liked they way they were won too. That was fun.

Man, I had a ball despite the whether. I know how much everyone likes to be involved in the decision making process. I just hope they do come election time too. Anyway, this is a free entry fee event along with free table time to hold it on too. This format thing really isn't important. I also believe it really doesn't matter if anyone including myself goes 2 and out because, it's not what it's all about. A no entry fee and free time should be enough reason to play any event and have fun let alone, meet friends and new people, momories that'll last a lifetime and party. Does it really matter how we play? BTW, I think I see winner bracket in your future. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Either way, I think we'll have fun. Some will have to let thir insecurities at the door. Or we could just never hold the evnt because, if we don't this yr it'll never come back again. We could all just get togather and pay table time. I'm liking Brady and Barry for donating the tables and time. Somehow, I think they lose on that deal. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif I think they do it for the same reason why we play it.

Regards,

C.C.~~always appreciates a positive prospective. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
07-19-2004, 06:59 AM
Hi Popcorn,

If you do show up I want to be the first person you say hi to. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-19-2004, 07:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> [censored] [censored] [censored]!!!! The anger that has washed over me because this is what our fun has to come to???

<hr /></blockquote>

Calm down, it's not that big a deal.

I am sure everyone here appreciates all the effort you and Tom have put into this.

People just like to be heard, that's all. You guys just came across as "This is the way it's gonna be" although I'm sure you did not mean it that way. Nobody likes to be told what to do if they feel like they should be an equal partner in the endeavor.

I remember some folks were uncormfortable with Killerbreak (about 10 lifetime posts) winning the first tourney and I just think nobody wants to see a repeat of that.

You and Tom say "trust me". Well we do trust you and I think you know that, but nobody likes being left in the dark or not having any input.

Let's just discuss it. There should not be any hard feelings no matter what is finally decided.

BTW I vote for Ross's format. Play a race to 2, switch partners, etc. I think that would be fair to everybody.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-19-2004, 07:59 AM
BTW I can create and print a 24 x 36 chart right here at work. Takes about 10 minutes.

Ross
07-19-2004, 10:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Nah, your post didn't stress me out. It stressed me out when I saw that it got to Tom as it did. I've done tourneys before and like anything else, you can never please anyone.
I just want my "Dad" back. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I can see that. I hope Tom reconsiders. As far as not pleasing ANYONE you are wrong! Personally I very much enjoyed both previous tournaments you were involved in planning. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Rod
07-19-2004, 12:43 PM
I apologize if anything I said caused any hard feelings. It certainly wasn't my intention. It seemed to me, the most fun for you guys was last years tournament. That is keep the group playing as "a whole" rather than some who go two and out and just leave.

More people stay, more have fun and of course spend more money. I thought Barry would appreciate that for his gracious offer of free table time.

I'm very happy to see you and Wendy are not throwing in the towel. You have worked hard putting this together and I not to mention others respect what you have accomplished.

Sometimes as you know what we say is not taken in the context as the poster meant. In person that would never happened.

Please accept my apology, if you don't I'll shoot you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I wanted to post something earlier but a BackDoor Trojan has taken over my computer. I'm still working on it and posted this in SafeMode. You all have fun!

Rod