PDA

View Full Version : Pesky annoying audiences

05-08-2002, 07:04 AM
I think most of us experienced this. Ever played while some friends or people you know keep asking too many questions while you play, and that you try to keep focus by trying to shut your mouth? And then this guy/gal keeps trying ot make conversation while you are trying to play, [censored] what should i do? i don't want top hurt their feelings but I always keep asking myself thinking of saying, "The hell with you can't you see I'm trying to play? Can you just shut the F up!! Can you wait till the game is over? Now there! I vent myself. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif I just find it that people like these has no consideration due to fact that your trying to make them feel like you don't want to talk but they keep coming at you. It's like , hello, are do you need attention? Go elsewhere!!

Doctor_D
05-08-2002, 07:09 AM
Good morning:

Or, as I experinced this past weekend, people hanging over the rail above my seat commenting - blow by blow - on a match being held at another table. Nothing like having five people chattering in your ear when you are trying to concentrate on your own match.

Dr. D.

05-08-2002, 07:50 AM

stickman
05-08-2002, 07:56 AM
The best way to get your point across is to be direct, and to the point. I'm not suggesting being rude or insulting only specific. If someone is offended by your assertiveness, as long as you aren't insulting, or rude, let it be their problem. JMHO

Doctor_D
05-08-2002, 08:12 AM
Good moring Whitewolf:

The reference to the rail crowd was NOT the rail crowd you were refering to. Your daughter, who was NO distraction whatsoever, was a delight and joy to have at the tournament. The "rail crowd" I was referencing was at a much later match.

Additionally; thanks for the compliment on my play and performance, it is greatly appreciated.

Dr. D.

Jay M
05-08-2002, 08:39 AM
Heh, one particular incident stands out in my mind whenever I hear someone talking about the railbirds.

The scene:

Florida Pro Tour event at CM's place

The setting:
Jay M Vs David Grossman

The score is tied up at 5 apiece in a race to 7. I have a tough shot on the 5 ball with an even tougher leave to get on the 7. I execute the shot doubling the long rail with the cue to get a perfect leave on the 7. David and half the people on the rail are applauding. I get down and make the 7, but I roll a bit too far on the 8 and end up with about a 30 degree cut to make the 9 and go to the hill. I'm down aiming at the 9 and right when I pull the trigger, a guy at the rail says, VERY loudly, "Man, this is some GOOD chili!" Needless to say, I missed the 9 and David went on to win 7-5.

I do have to say that David was a gentleman about it, even going over to the guy after the match and "mentioning" that the rail seats require a bit of respect for those that are shooting.

Jay M

Nostroke
05-08-2002, 08:45 AM
Musta been the Ellie Chang match, correct?

jjinfla
05-08-2002, 12:39 PM
Must have been last year at CM's. The famous chili story I heard about. Ha Ha. But Jay, that was very, very good chili. Did you try any? Jake

Jay M
05-08-2002, 12:55 PM
yes, it was last year at CM's. I heard the chili was good, but I just couldn't bring myself to eat it after that happened.

Jay M

05-08-2002, 03:23 PM

jjinfla
05-08-2002, 03:41 PM
You must not have tipped her very well. LOL Jake

CarolNYC
05-09-2002, 03:44 AM
If this is a tournament or money game, audiemces should know better than to start conversation-as I have stated before, kindly request they be quiet, inform the tour coordinator or sit down and dont shoot till they shut up!
Good luck!
Carol