PDA

View Full Version : Custom Cue Suggetions

PoOn
07-18-2004, 02:13 AM
can anybody suggest any good custom cues under or no more than $500?

cacee31
07-18-2004, 04:48 AM
I would pickup at Coker custom cue from one of the Ebay auctions. Dont' know how experienced you're about ebay auctions, but just have to be careful.

dmgwalsh
07-18-2004, 05:20 AM
i LIKE BOTH Bludworth and Blackheart in that price range.

kenz54
07-18-2004, 07:01 AM
Does Blackheart have a website? I have never been able to see his cues.

dmgwalsh
07-18-2004, 03:16 PM
last I heard he didn't have one, but he will email you a lot of
pictures of cues. He posts on this board and I,m sure i'v got his email plus some of his cues pictures somewhere.

Jimmy B
07-18-2004, 03:30 PM
I'd say save your money till next March and then go to the Hopkins show, by then you'll have around $800 and you can walk around and find one you like and hit with all of them. Nothing like a little variety to help you decide.

JB

poolplayer1988
07-18-2004, 04:18 PM
Check out www.auerbachcustomcues.com. (http://www.auerbachcustomcues.com.) Give John Parker a call and tell him Doug told you to call and he'll work you out a very nice deal.

Doug Talbot
"the White Elephant"

PoOn
07-18-2004, 06:35 PM
where is the Hopkins show going to be at? is there any expos or anything like that somewhere is the Bay Area any time this year where i can check some cues out?

BLACKHEART
07-18-2004, 06:35 PM
Ken; check your PM or e-mail me at blkhrt4@insightbb.com...JER

woody_968
07-18-2004, 07:34 PM
Everyone has different likes and dislikes in cues, hard to suggest without knowing what you like. I have played with several different cues and for me, Madison Bob makes the best cue bar none. The hit is not too hard, not too soft, just right /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PoOn
07-18-2004, 09:41 PM
i was checking out some cues last night and i came across a Prather cue that was already made and it was the right weight but the cost was $620 and im not sure if i would be willing to pull out an extra $120... is this cue worth it? has anybody ever played with a Prather? can anybody give any info about how they play?

Jimmy B
07-19-2004, 12:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PoOn:</font><hr> where is the Hopkins show going to be at? is there any expos or anything like that somewhere is the Bay Area any time this year where i can check some cues out? <hr /></blockquote>

Sorry the Hopkin's show is in PA and as far as I know they don't do the LA show anymore. My guess would be you'd have to get to Vegas for a show even close to the Hopkins event. Seems you guys get all the nice weather and we on the east coast get the good pool show.

JB

PoOn
07-19-2004, 12:57 AM
is there anywhere that i can check upcoming events is california?

Frank_Glenn
07-19-2004, 06:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PoOn:</font><hr> i was checking out some cues last night and i came across a Prather cue that was already made and it was the right weight but the cost was $620 and im not sure if i would be willing to pull out an extra $120... is this cue worth it? has anybody ever played with a Prather? can anybody give any info about how they play? <hr /></blockquote>

His cues are fine. Lots of people play with them and don't even know it.

Jimmy B
07-19-2004, 03:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PoOn:</font><hr> is there anywhere that i can check upcoming events is california? <hr /></blockquote>

If there was anything it would be covered here, there just isn't. Sorry, enjoy the weather.

JB

Big_Jon
07-19-2004, 05:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Frank_Glenn:</font><hr>
His cues are fine. Lots of people play with them and don't even know it. <hr /></blockquote>

LOL... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Thanks,

Jon &lt;- Knows a guy...

Frank_Glenn
07-19-2004, 06:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Big_Jon:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Frank_Glenn:</font><hr>
His cues are fine. Lots of people play with them and don't even know it. <hr /></blockquote>

LOL... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Thanks,

Jon &lt;- Knows a guy... <hr /></blockquote>

I knew someone would get it and get a laugh out of it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

thephantom
08-01-2004, 01:25 AM
check out this site. www.viattorre.com (http://www.viattorre.com) they make pretty good custom cues. the owner is a personal friend. tell him derik mentioned this to you

Cueless Joey
08-01-2004, 02:05 AM
I know one maker in Texas and a few here who sign their names on those blanks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Fred Agnir
08-01-2004, 06:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote PoOn:</font><hr> is there anywhere that i can check upcoming events is california? <hr /></blockquote>

If there was anything it would be covered here, there just isn't. Sorry, enjoy the weather.

JB <hr /></blockquote> I wonder if anything will be happening during the BCA 9-ball Nationals in November.

Fred

Leviathan
08-01-2004, 08:09 AM
'Lo, PoOn:

You might consider buying a good sneaky pete, like a Huebler, Bear, or Schmelke, and having it customized. You can buy one of these cues, get a butt cap and a decorative ring of your choice installed, and have the butt refinished (if this is necessary) for well under $500. You'd be getting a good-looking, personalized cue of excellent quality and you'd be getting a cheap lesson in the art of working with cuemakers. Also, you'll never outgrow a good sneaky pete. If you want something fancier down the road, or something with different playing qualities, the sp will make a great break cue and back-up cue. Good used sps are easy to sell, too. I get offers for mine, which has a custom butt cap and a couple of rings, quite often.

AS

MadisonBob
09-03-2004, 02:54 AM
hey this is my first post so please bear with me woody i know who you are and want to thank you and dr billiards for all the good thing you guys have said about our cues and when i say our i mean my son and myself remember he,s a awesome cue builder in his own right and my right hand man

Chris Cass
09-03-2004, 07:27 AM
The Hopkins Expo is in Valley Forge, PA. It's one of the biggest ones I've ever seen in my life. They have so many booths that don't mess around. They give you deals like the others claim to have. That's what I call a real deal. I've also been to Vegas and they are loaded with cuemakers too. They do give out some deals and also you'll be able to take a hit with them. I wouldn't buy a cue without hitting with one myself.

Regards,

C.C.~~Jimmy wasn't kidding, that show is fantastic...