PDA

View Full Version : DC++.....new one pocket videos

crawdaddio
07-19-2004, 07:55 AM
To all the DC' ers out there...
I just put up a couple new one pocket videos.....same nick on that hub.

2003 hard times tourny Efren vs Morro Paez--no audio but good quality vid
1999 hard times tourny Efren vs pagulayan--OK vid. quality but the audio got real fuzzy when I ripped it.

Enjoy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

landshark77
07-19-2004, 09:49 AM
Question? The DC++ hub...is this bit torrents? How exactly does this work? I kow it is P2P and am somewhat familiar with the seeding, but what programs do I need for it to work? And how do I set those programs up? I'm very stupid with this technology and a step by step would be helpful, if you have the time. You may aslo PM or e-mail me if it is too long. Any help is much appreciated.
Thanx!

pooljunkie73
07-19-2004, 09:54 AM
Same here...I would love to see the videos, if I knew how to set it up.

Kent

crawdaddio
07-19-2004, 10:54 AM
Ok....it's kinda hard to figure out how to use, but once you do, it's the best fileshare app. I have ever used.
Go to:
http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/index.php?t=1&s=1

Download the installer (choose your mirror) I usually DL to my desktop. Install. Open program through your start menu>all programs. You have to set up your settings first, find them in the toolbar on top. Click active only if your not behind a firewall, if you are, click passive. Active: type in your IP addy (andport # if using a router). Set up downloads: choose a file for your finished and unfinished DL's to go to. Sharing: choose a file to share from your PC(most hubs won't let u connect unless u share AT LEAST 1 gB. Note: Keep your finished\unfinished files out of your shared folder, most hubs hate that too. I didn't adjust appearances, logs and sounds, or advanced. That' it! Got to public hubs. Type "poolandbilliards.dynds.org" (without quotes) into manual connect address and connect. You can then download file lists by right clicking on other users, or use the search engine (in the toolbar) to search for what u want. There are thousands of hubs in the hublist. I have found all kinds of stuff, from music to movies, to software, and all kinds fo other wierd crap people have on their PC.

Tons and Tons of pool stuff on that pool hub. Have fun and let me know if u need some help. Though I am a relative newbie at this too, they do have a questions forum under the "help" dropdown in the toolbar.

landshark77
07-19-2004, 11:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote crawdaddio:</font><hr> Ok....it's kinda hard to figure out how to use, but once you do, it's the best fileshare app. I have ever used.
Go to:
http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/index.php?t=1&amp;s=1

<font color="red">Thanx for your response and link </font color>

Download the installer (choose your mirror) I usually DL to my desktop. Install. Open program through your start menu&gt;all programs. You have to set up your settings first, find them in the toolbar on top. Click active only if your not behind a firewall, if you are, click passive. Active: type in your IP addy (andport # if using a router).

<font color="red">How do I find this info out?</font color>

Set up downloads: choose a file for your finished and unfinished DL's to go to. Sharing: choose a file to share from your PC(most hubs won't let u connect unless u share AT LEAST 1 gB.

<font color="red">How do I get the files to share? This is the part that perplexes me the most. </font color>

Note: Keep your finished\unfinished files out of your shared folder, most hubs hate that too. I didn't adjust appearances, logs and sounds, or advanced. That' it! Got to public hubs. Type "poolandbilliards.dynds.org" (without quotes) into manual connect address and connect. You can then download file lists by right clicking on other users, or use the search engine (in the toolbar) to search for what u want. There are thousands of hubs in the hublist. I have found all kinds of stuff, from music to movies, to software, and all kinds fo other wierd crap people have on their PC.

<font color="red">Another question about seeding, I have ben told not to stop after DL is complete, due to supporting other DLs for other people. How exactly does this work? Any help would be so wonderful.</font color>

Tons and Tons of pool stuff on that pool hub. Have fun and let me know if u need some help. Though I am a relative newbie at this too, they do have a questions forum under the "help" dropdown in the toolbar. <hr /></blockquote>

crawdaddio
07-19-2004, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

How do I find this info out? <hr /></blockquote>

Start menu&gt; run&gt; cmd&gt; type: ipconfig

This will tell u your ip addy and other info
Or you can find your network connections in control panel and right click&gt; properties&gt; tcp ip&gt; properties.
Passive mode is easiest if you don't want to mess with it, but you won't be able to get files from users behind (their) firewall.
[ QUOTE ]
How do I get the files to share? This is the part that perplexes me the most. <hr /></blockquote>

You have to share some files u already have like music, movies, text docs, any thing really. You have to create a folder to share on DC++ and put some files in it. (I think this is what you're asking?)
[ QUOTE ]
Another question about seeding, I have ben told not to stop after DL is complete, due to supporting other DLs for other people. How exactly does this work? Any help would be so wonderful. <hr /></blockquote>

This program runs on hubs. People just want you to STAY CONNECTED to the hub for awhile so that other users can get some files from you. Share and share alike. I am always connected to the pool hub, for example.

landshark77
07-19-2004, 11:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote crawdaddio:</font><hr> Type "poolandbilliards.dynds.org" (without quotes) into manual connect address and connect. <hr /></blockquote>

Sorry to bombard you here. Got everything done, I think. It keeps telling me that the addy you gave me is unknown and won't connect. What did I do wrong?

Blondes don't get any dumber than me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

landshark77
07-19-2004, 11:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote crawdaddio:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;

How do I find this info out? <hr /></blockquote>

Start menu&gt; run&gt; cmd&gt; type: ipconfig

This will tell u your ip addy and other info
Or you can find your network connections in control panel and right click&gt; properties&gt; tcp ip&gt; properties.
Passive mode is easiest if you don't want to mess with it, but you won't be able to get files from users behind (their) firewall.
&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
How do I get the files to share? This is the part that perplexes me the most. <hr /></blockquote>

You have to share some files u already have like music, movies, text docs, any thing really. You have to create a folder to share on DC++ and put some files in it. (I think this is what you're asking?)
&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Another question about seeding, I have ben told not to stop after DL is complete, due to supporting other DLs for other people. How exactly does this work? Any help would be so wonderful. <hr /></blockquote>

This program runs on hubs. People just want you to STAY CONNECTED to the hub for awhile so that other users can get some files from you. Share and share alike. I am always connected to the pool hub, for example. <hr /></blockquote>

Gottcha- you really make this seem so simple. Thank you for your help. I have been all over the place trying to figure this stuff out, and you are the first person to ever "bring it down to my level" Thank you so much! Still won't conect to the addy you gave me though /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

crawdaddio
07-19-2004, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Still won't conect to the addy you gave me though <hr /></blockquote>

Which addy?

One thing I forgot to mention: In DC++&gt;settings&gt;sharing..you have to enable AT LEAST 1 slot for uploads (I have 4). This is how many people can DL from you at once. All the others like "max upload speed" and "open slot if upload speed excceds.." etc... I have left alone (at 0).

Let me know how it works out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

crawdaddio
07-19-2004, 12:06 PM
Sorry, I mis typed it:

poolandbilliards.dyndns.org

There ya go. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

landshark77
07-19-2004, 12:07 PM
the addy to the videos:
"poolandbilliards.dynds.org"
I put in the manual connect box and it can not find it. And yes, I took the quotes out before I attempted.

landshark77
07-19-2004, 12:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote crawdaddio:</font><hr> Sorry, I mis typed it:

poolandbilliards.dyndns.org

There ya go. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Yep, that took care of 'er! Thank you so much! We must have been replying at the same time, sorry for all of the post.

crawdaddio
07-19-2004, 12:17 PM
The easiest way to get stuff (other than using the search engine) is to get on a hub (pool hub for example), right click on a users name and "get file list". This will show you all of the files they are sharing. Then browse through the tree and right click "download" on a file u want. Someone behind a firewall will have a little brick wall under their little icon and if ur passive u can't get their file list. On the bottom, under all the DL, UL status stuff is all the tabs of where you are and have been in the program (hubs, download queue, favorites, etc...), this is the easiest way to navigate the program.

Man that was a lot to write for me /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hope it helps.

landshark77
07-19-2004, 12:20 PM
DO connections time out alot?
I haven't been able to connect to any one user, as connection keeps timing out.

RedHell
07-19-2004, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the info,

I got connected... the speed is terrible, just downloading you're filre list is taking me forever... and I'm sitting on a 10mgb pipe /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RedHell
07-19-2004, 01:04 PM
Oh Yeah....

I started downloading the Reyes vs Pag game.... if everything goes according to plan it the DL should be done in 250 hours, lmao /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ...

This is so funny, I hope you stay connected thru the night dude !

Thanks again for the info...

crawdaddio
07-19-2004, 01:40 PM
Yeah, I've been having problems with upload speeds, working on it currently. Rollback inconsistency I think (?) has to do with users moving files around in their folders. You can go to your DL Q and right click on the file and "search for alternatives". If you're search finds something, right click on it (if they have open slots) and hover your pointer over "download to". The partial file u got from the original user will appear and click it. Downloading should resume where it left off. If the search finds nothing, go to DL Q and remove the file from the Q. Find the original user who had it, find the file and try to "download to" again. Sometimes this works. You can "search for alternatives" on any file and just click "download to" and it will add their username to that file in the DL Q. I do this to get the best DL speed on a lot of files. I have found users with lan(t1 or t3)connections to be the fastest.

Man wouldn't be great if everyone on this board with pool media on their pc's got on this hub?!

I'll grant ya an xtra slot redhell, that MIGHT(?) help your speed.

crawdaddio
07-19-2004, 01:45 PM
You might not be connected, landshark. The easiest way to tell is to search for something, anything that WILL provide results.....say : movies. If you're on at least one hub and the search finds nothing, your connaction isn't quite right. Are you running passive or active?

nAz
07-19-2004, 01:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote crawdaddio:</font><hr> To all the DC' ers out there...
I just put up a couple new one pocket videos.....same nick on that hub.

2003 hard times tourny Efren vs Morro Paez--no audio but good quality vid
1999 hard times tourny Efren vs pagulayan--OK vid. quality but the audio got real fuzzy when I ripped it.

Enjoy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Damn i could never get DC to work right @ my job computer, i will have to try and set it up at home... too bad a do not have anything worth while to share with you guys, pool stuff anyways /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

landshark77
07-19-2004, 01:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote crawdaddio:</font><hr> You might not be connected, landshark. The easiest way to tell is to search for something, anything that WILL provide results.....say : movies. If you're on at least one hub and the search finds nothing, your connaction isn't quite right. Are you running passive or active? <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, I'm not sure that I am connected. Nothing turns up in the search, but I am on the user list. I am running active, but I'm also not at home ( /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif) and know I am on a router and don't know what that stuff is so, maybe I'll try the passiave and see what I get, or vise versa if I got that backwards. I'm going to play around with it a bit.

landshark77
07-19-2004, 01:54 PM
that did it! Thanx!

crawdaddio
07-19-2004, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I'm on a router here at home with 2 PC's on a home office network, both using DC++ separately. It took quite a bit of research and trial and error to get both to work right with the router. You can NOT be active (on DC++) on a router without tweaking several settings on your router. I can help if you want, but it might get a little confusing. PM me on the pool hub if you want some help (after 5 pm), as the chat there is almost instant.

Glad to see so many pool freaks getting interested in it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

crawdaddio
07-19-2004, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Damn i could never get DC to work right @ my job computer, i will have to try and set it up at home... too bad a do not have anything worth while to share with you guys, pool stuff anyways <hr /></blockquote>

It doesn't have to be all pool. I've just about doubled my music collection with DC++ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

landshark77
07-19-2004, 04:55 PM
I appreciate your help, Unfortunately I have dial up at home so using the hub would be a waste here, but else where it is not a problem. I think I got it to work, but I'm not 100% convinced. And as for the music...I gots lots and I like to share...of course pending RIAA approval. LOL!

landshark77
07-21-2004, 07:55 AM
crawdaddio,

How do I get an extra slot granted? You have some great stuff.

crawdaddio
07-21-2004, 09:23 AM
Just PM me (on DC++) and ask for one. I will give any CCB'er an xtra slot, but I warn you, I am sharing bandwidth with another PC, and my upload speed is generally horrible. I've tried all different kinda ways to increase it, but it appears you cannot. I am at work right now, but when I get home I'll give you one. What's your nick over there?

landshark77
07-21-2004, 09:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote crawdaddio:</font><hr> Just PM me (on DC++) and ask for one. I will give any CCB'er an xtra slot, but I warn you, I am sharing bandwidth with another PC, and my upload speed is generally horrible. I've tried all different kinda ways to increase it, but it appears you cannot. I am at work right now, but when I get home I'll give you one. What's your nick over there?
<hr /></blockquote>

Hey thanx, My nick is the same as here...Landshark77
I'll PM you there.

crawdaddio
07-21-2004, 10:22 AM
BTW to all, I fixed the audio on the Paez match. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dmgwalsh
07-23-2004, 04:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote crawdaddio:</font><hr> Ok....it's kinda hard to figure out how to use, but once you do, it's the best fileshare app. I have ever used.
Go to:
http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/index.php?t=1&amp;s=1

Download the installer (choose your mirror) I usually DL to my desktop. Install. Open program through your start menu&gt;all programs. You have to set up your settings first, find them in the toolbar on top. Click active only if your not behind a firewall, if you are, click passive. Active: type in your IP addy (andport # if using a router). Set up downloads: choose a file for your finished and unfinished DL's to go to. Sharing: choose a file to share from your PC(most hubs won't let u connect unless u share AT LEAST 1 gB. Note: Keep your finished\unfinished files out of your shared folder, most hubs hate that too. I didn't adjust appearances, logs and sounds, or advanced. That' it! Got to public hubs. Type "poolandbilliards.dynds.org" (without quotes) into manual connect address and connect. You can then download file lists by right clicking on other users, or use the search engine (in the toolbar) to search for what u want. There are thousands of hubs in the hublist. I have found all kinds of stuff, from music to movies, to software, and all kinds fo other wierd crap people have on their PC.

Tons and Tons of pool stuff on that pool hub. Have fun and let me know if u need some help. Though I am a relative newbie at this too, they do have a questions forum under the "help" dropdown in the toolbar. <hr /></blockquote>

I am such an idiot at this stuff. How do I know what my ip address is? If all I have is a dial up connection, this is pretty much unusable, right? Maybe it's time to upgrade my connection. Thanks for info. Dennis

Frank_Glenn
07-23-2004, 08:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I am such an idiot at this stuff. How do I know what my ip address is? If all I have is a dial up connection, this is pretty much unusable, right? Maybe it's time to upgrade my connection. Thanks for info. Dennis <hr /></blockquote>
[geek mode]
This is assigned by your ISP (Internet Service Provider). I use a router, so I assigned that IP to the router and let it assign a different IP to my networked computers. How you determine your IP is dependant on what operating system you are using. There are different commands for different versions of Windows. If you got a permanent IP from your ISP (like cable modems usually do) it should be on the info sheet that was given to you when the cable modem was set up. If you use dial up (AOL, EROLS, NetZero, etc) you will have a different IP every time you connect. XP and W2000 use the dos command "ipconfig", do not use the " marks. You must do this in a dos window (it will work in the run mode but does not stay on the screen long enough to see it). I think W98 used pcconfig, but I really do not remember. If you are using W98, open a dos prompt and type help|more (the | is a shifted \ on my keyboard) and then hit the space bar to get more lines. This keeps it from scrolling off the screen too fast to read. Look for either ipconfig or pcconfig and you will know what to use, or just try one and then the other, it will not "do" anything but give an error. Once you type the command in, you will see some info, one line will be your IP address. To see more info use "ipconfig /all (note space after ipconfig and before /all). Hope this helps. [/geek mode]

RedHell
07-23-2004, 08:51 AM
Great job Frank, but I got an easy one for him...

http://www.whatismyip.com/

Is that easy enough... /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

crawdaddio
07-23-2004, 08:52 AM
Frank is right, that'll work. You can also, if your running windows, got to control panel&gt;network connections&gt;right click&gt;properties&gt;tcp ip(select)&gt;properties.

Frank_Glenn
07-23-2004, 09:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr> Great job Frank, but I got an easy one for him...

http://www.whatismyip.com/

Is that easy enough... /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Well, this gave me the IP of my router, but not my computer. Of course, that's what I want /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Frank_Glenn
07-23-2004, 09:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote crawdaddio:</font><hr> Frank is right, that'll work. You can also, if your running windows, got to control panel&gt;network connections&gt;right click&gt;properties&gt;tcp ip(select)&gt;properties. <hr /></blockquote>

This gives me DNS IPs but not mine?

crawdaddio
07-23-2004, 10:38 AM
That should give you your PC's internal IP addy. when you open network connections, right click on the one that says local area connection(at least thats wht mine says)&gt;properties&gt;internal protocol(tcp ip) (select)&gt;properties.
If you have "obtain ip auto" then it will not show it. Then use the run&gt;cmd then type ipconfig, enter.

Frank_Glenn
07-23-2004, 01:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote crawdaddio:</font><hr> That should give you your PC's internal IP addy. when you open network connections, right click on the one that says local area connection(at least thats wht mine says)&gt;properties&gt;internal protocol(tcp ip) (select)&gt;properties.
If you have "obtain ip auto" then it will not show it. <hr /></blockquote>

That's what I have due to DHCP being enabled.

[ QUOTE ]
Then use the run&gt;cmd then type ipconfig, enter. <hr /></blockquote>

Well, using run will not keep the dos dialog box on the screen (at least not on mine, so I told him to open a dos promt and type ipconfig). This will give him what he wanted regardless of how he is set up.

crawdaddio
07-23-2004, 01:36 PM
If you disable DHCP and open a port on your router, you can go active on DC++.

Frank_Glenn
07-23-2004, 02:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote crawdaddio:</font><hr> If you disable DHCP and open a port on your router, you can go active on DC++. <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks, but no thanks. I have more video on this machine now than I have time to watch (it has a ATI 9700 Pro graphics card and 120Gig HD). In fact I have been burning stuff to DVD to get it off the hard drive and free up space.

crawdaddio
07-23-2004, 03:44 PM
Good idea, I'm in the same boat......

Rod
07-23-2004, 04:38 PM
When I first saw this thread I thought it was about Derby City. I watched those matches live so I didn't pay any attention. I would have liked to put them on a CD or DVD at the time. I understand that is possible because someone mentioned they did such in the chat room they had going. Well I'm a couple of bricks short in that area.

Is what your talking about Direct Connect? I tried that several months ago but I never did figure it out. It was all foreign it seemed. I think I got a couple of D/L started but nothing happened. Whats the trick there to finding files and what channel? I don't have it now but I could D/L the program again. That is if I had some idea of what I'm doing.

Thanks, Rod

crawdaddio
07-23-2004, 04:55 PM
If the instructions I posted earlier in the thread are too confusing, see:

http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/forum/index.php?sid=6181098dc78bb1eaab7882022bb49e74

Navigate around there, all the info you should need.........

Rod
07-23-2004, 05:36 PM
I didn't read the whole thread, thanks.

Rod

dmgwalsh
07-29-2004, 04:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Frank_Glenn:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;

I am such an idiot at this stuff. How do I know what my ip address is? If all I have is a dial up connection, this is pretty much unusable, right? Maybe it's time to upgrade my connection. Thanks for info. Dennis <hr /></blockquote>
[geek mode]
This is assigned by your ISP (Internet Service Provider). I use a router, so I assigned that IP to the router and let it assign a different IP to my networked computers. How you determine your IP is dependant on what operating system you are using. There are different commands for different versions of Windows. If you got a permanent IP from your ISP (like cable modems usually do) it should be on the info sheet that was given to you when the cable modem was set up. If you use dial up (AOL, EROLS, NetZero, etc) you will have a different IP every time you connect. XP and W2000 use the dos command "ipconfig", do not use the " marks. You must do this in a dos window (it will work in the run mode but does not stay on the screen long enough to see it). I think W98 used pcconfig, but I really do not remember. If you are using W98, open a dos prompt and type help|more (the | is a shifted \ on my keyboard) and then hit the space bar to get more lines. This keeps it from scrolling off the screen too fast to read. Look for either ipconfig or pcconfig and you will know what to use, or just try one and then the other, it will not "do" anything but give an error. Once you type the command in, you will see some info, one line will be your IP address. To see more info use "ipconfig /all (note space after ipconfig and before /all). Hope this helps. [/geek mode] <hr /></blockquote>

If all I have is a dial up connection, this is pretty much unusable, right? Do I need to get a better connection before I do all this?

CrispyFish
07-29-2004, 10:49 AM
Am I the only person timing out when trying to connect to the hub? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

crawdaddio
07-29-2004, 10:59 AM
No, the hub (pool) has been down since like tuesday or so. Sucks, I hope they get it back up soon....... /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

crawdaddio
07-29-2004, 11:03 AM
A lot of people use dial up. You will get some really slow speeds, but it should work.

ragin1
07-30-2004, 03:31 AM
That's actually good news for me. I was begining to think Adelphia was blocking me from the hub.

Vincentitto
08-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Hi there,

I tried to get on this Hub, is it offline or do I do something wrong?

Someone able to hrlp me?

Thanks.

landshark77
08-12-2004, 12:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vincentitto:</font><hr> Hi there,

I tried to get on this Hub, is it offline or do I do something wrong?

Someone able to hrlp me?

Thanks. <hr /></blockquote>

I have been kinda busy here in recent weeks and haven't had time to fool with it, but last I heard it was down. There was a thread over at AZ that people were talking about meeting up in a diffrent hub until this one was back up. I do not know if that ever materialized.

ragin1
08-12-2004, 07:36 PM
Try this in DC++

gottochblandat.no-ip.com

Vincentitto
08-13-2004, 08:33 PM
Thankfs for the hint, I got there, but now I always get the message: Connection refused by target machine.

Any idea if I done something wrong or what to do?

Thanks!

crawdaddio
08-13-2004, 11:07 PM
That means, for whatever reason, you can't connect to that hub. I have no idea why, sorry dude. Can you connect to other hubs and download?

Vincentitto
08-14-2004, 07:38 AM
Yes, no problems getting on ohter hubs, just this one isnīt available for me now.

I just terminated the connection because of the forced termination of my provider every 24 hours. Then I wanted to get back in, then I got this message.