PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Picks!

Bob
07-19-2004, 11:55 PM
Ok, here we go!

Who are your top 5 favorite male pro pool players to watch in tournament play, and why?

Thanks!!!

Jimmy B
07-20-2004, 01:50 AM
In no order
1) Earl -----Temper
2) Efren ------ da man
3) KM ------- High jinx
4) Alex ------ Personality
5) Busta ------ Skill

JB

Rich R.
07-20-2004, 03:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> In no order
1) Earl -----Temper
2) Efren ------ da man
3) KM ------- High jinx
4) Alex ------ Personality
5) Busta ------ Skill

JB <hr /></blockquote>
Great list Jimmy. The only one I would add is Parica, for his great, smooth stroke. The only problem is, I wouldn't know which of your picks to remove.

shoutout33
07-20-2004, 10:26 AM
I haven't seen that many but I'll give it a whirl. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Not in any order either...

1.) Efren-"How does he do that!?!"
2.) Mika- no emotion whatsoever...
3.) Johnny A.- his break is just cool...

Like I said, didn't have that many. Need to buy some more ACCU-Stat tapes /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cueless Joey
07-20-2004, 10:48 AM
Efren for his magic and his persona.
Bustamante for his flair.
Buddy Hall because he's smoother that silk.
Davenport b/c he has the stroke of a God.
Jeanette Lee because because because.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
07-20-2004, 10:58 AM
Charlie Williams
Ralf Soquet
Johnny Archer

because I like to get my money's worth /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cueless Joey
07-20-2004, 11:17 AM
I got more than my money's worth at the Bike last year when Chamat and Soquet played 3 hours plus on a race to 11 match. 9PM to past midnight. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
07-20-2004, 11:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> I got more than my money's worth at the Bike last year when Chamat and Soquet played 3 hours plus on a race to 11 match. 9PM to past midnight. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

and I forgot Karen Corr /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kato
07-20-2004, 06:10 PM
2) Efren Entranced by his creativity
3) Bustamante Stroke
4) Stalev Fearless
5) Earl Because he's Earl

1) Sandor Tot Nobody plays like Tot!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato!~~~still owes Tot 10,000 dinners, I don't know /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kato
07-20-2004, 06:12 PM
Don't forget Danny Basavich. He'll give you your money's worth.

Kato

Jimmy B
07-21-2004, 01:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Don't forget Danny Basavich. He'll give you your money's worth.

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

Not if you pay by the hour. I love Danny, he's a great guy and I cheer for him every chance I can, but he has gotten so slow it's almost un-watchable. Archer is in the same group, I get seasick watching Johnny get up and down so many times on each shot.

JB

Voodoo Daddy
07-21-2004, 04:55 AM
In order;
1}Toby Sweet...smoothest ever.
2}Efren Reyes...flawed perfection.
3}Steve Mizerak...overflowing knowledge.
4}Johnny Ervolino...baffling ability, fearless and ya just never know whats gonna come outta his mouth!!
5}Nick Varner...the players player.

Voodoo~~~knows Sandor Tot will someday be in the top 5...9900 dinners later

Wally_in_Cincy
07-21-2004, 07:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> Not if you pay by the hour. I love Danny, he's a great guy and I cheer for him every chance I can, but he has gotten so slow it's almost un-watchable.

<font color="blue">That's too bad. I watched him about 2 years ago and he was not slow at all. </font color>

Archer is in the same group, I get seasick watching Johnny get up and down so many times on each shot.

<font color="blue">up and down

up and down

Last time I watched him I thought I had walked into a Catholic wedding

Last night at the pool hall they were watching a match of his from 1992 and he was not slow at all, from what I saw.</font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Eric.
07-21-2004, 12:04 PM
Danny always has been a 'deliberate' shooter /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You know, watching Archer pop up and down like that kinda reminds me of that Boardwalk arcade game "Whack-A-Mole".

Eric

Wally_in_Cincy
07-21-2004, 12:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> You know, watching Archer pop up and down like that kinda reminds me of that Boardwalk arcade game "Whack-A-Mole".<hr /></blockquote>

I always thought Fast Larry's aliases popping up were like Whack-a-Mole.

Wally &lt;~~ knows how much Eric misses him /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eric.
07-21-2004, 02:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I always thought Fast Larry's aliases popping up were like Whack-a-Mole.

Wally &lt;~~ knows how much Eric misses him /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I miss him like I miss Kidney stones.

Eric &gt;may play Whack-A-Mole on FL's head