PDA

View Full Version : Can you wash Simonis cloth?

nineballwizard
07-20-2004, 09:08 AM
Just got my hands on some used, but still in very good condition Simonis 860 cloth. I was wondering, can you wash it, and if so, what do you recommend?

Frank_Glenn
07-20-2004, 09:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nineballwizard:</font><hr> Just got my hands on some used, but still in very good condition Simonis 860 cloth. I was wondering, can you wash it, and if so, what do you recommend? <hr /></blockquote>

You may be able to wash it in woolite, but it will shrink. I washed some once to use for the window valences in the pool room in my house. It came out OK and didn't fade much, but I'm pretty sure it shrank because we put it in the dryer. If the cloth came from a 9' and you want to cover an 8' or 7' you may be OK. You actually have nothing to lose, give it a shot.

RedHell
07-20-2004, 09:15 AM
OK, it's funny you asked this because I washed one recently.

Yes you can wash it, but I'm not sure what efect it would have to reuse as a pool cloth.

In my case I washed an old one to make a poker cloth. But as I knew it was made of wool I tested on a 2 inch square sample first. It didn't shrink so I went ahead.

You must hand wash it...

Use a standard washing product like Tide or others.
Let soak for a while
Hand wash and let soak more, change water and repeat until clean.

To dry it, you must lay it flat on towels and wait until it's completely dry. If you hang it will stretch.

That's my experience, it takes a while and make a good job.

Chris Cass
07-20-2004, 09:55 AM
Let me get this straight. You can fit your table in the washer? hahahahaha

Seriously, maybe dry clean it? I would buy that spray they used at the Open last yr and that stuff seemed to do very well on the cloth. It dried very quickly too. If you don't have that then I guess the next best thing is to install the cloth and use a carpet cleaning foam with a light application. I know afterwards you'll want to iron it to get everything that may pop up, down.

Next question, Are you sending the balls out to the dry cleaners? hahahaha J/K

Regards,

C.C.~~likes the "lil Green Machine" but you must be carefull.