PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here on the forums ever try BCM's cues?

shoutout33
07-20-2004, 10:46 AM
Brian Mordt (BCM). He seems to make some nice quality cues, plus I found out that he's somewhat of a student under Mr. Pelican's favorite cuemakers: Dave Barenbrugge! (From what I understand, the big that Mr. Arenbrugge's cues, is that you can only get them from Lucky-san...period! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Also, he has one heck of a website to boot!

PQQLK9
07-20-2004, 11:30 AM
and your question or your point is??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

shoutout33
07-20-2004, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...and your question...<hr /></blockquote>

Sorry if I wasn't clear on the question...

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone here on the forums ever try BCM's cues? <hr /></blockquote>

[ QUOTE ]
...or your point is???<hr /></blockquote>

No point in particular, just trying to start coversation is all.

Cueless Joey
07-20-2004, 12:38 PM
Bryan's cues look great.
Nice finish and design.
They just appear too skinny for me but a lot of people like skinny cues.
I thought Bryan was mentored by Erick of Sierra Cues.
Whatever happened to Sierra Cues? The only Sierra cues I see now are the imported ones.

Jimmy B
07-20-2004, 04:17 PM
I've worked with Bryan in the past and I don't believe he worked with Dave at all, he did/does work with Sierra and is a big fan of Southwest. His work is clean and solid, cues hit on the stiff side, it's all about what you like but IMO you can't go wrong for some of the prices he sells them at on E-bay.

JB

Rod
07-20-2004, 04:34 PM
Brian is a good guy and started making cues before Sierra. My friend has one before the Sierra era. He has a sneaky pete with joint collars. I just hit a few again yesterday with it, good solid cue. My bud likes it better than his Schon, Joss etc. I like it but it doesn't have a wrap.

Rod

Cueless Joey
07-20-2004, 04:39 PM
Rod, what happened to Sierra?

justbrake
07-20-2004, 04:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> I've worked with Bryan in the past and I don't believe he worked with Dave at all, he did/does work with Sierra and is a big fan of Southwest. His work is clean and solid, cues hit on the stiff side, it's all about what you like but IMO you can't go wrong for some of the prices he sells them at on E-bay.

JB <hr /></blockquote>

true for price he sell them on ebay you can't go wrong this is the one I bought from him 3 down 2nd and 3rd one from the left [image]http://bcmcue.com/gallery-1.htm

Rod
07-20-2004, 10:44 PM
Erick is that his name? Well anyway I don't know if anything happened. I'd have to ask since I've been out of the loop for a while. If I hear something I'll let you know. Have you heard rumors? LOL

Rod

Cueless Joey
07-20-2004, 10:46 PM
Nothing really.
They showed so much promise after that second Blue Book came out. I tried to order a cue from them.
Then, they just disappeared.
Bryan will make it though. He's in it for the love of cues amd cuemaking.
Really, you have to love cues and cueamaking. If you're in it to get rich, you'll be in for a shock.

buddha162
07-21-2004, 04:41 AM
Hey Joey (or anyone else who might have an opinion),

Do you think there could be any problems ordering a cue from BCM in Arizona when I live in NJ? In terms of climate, humidity, etc.

I mean, if he doesn't baby his cues in climate a controlled environment (which I believe shouldn't be done), the humidity level between AZ and NJ is huge!

-Roger

CarterCues
07-21-2004, 07:00 AM
Very well said about building cues for the love of it. I have seen a couple of cue makers start and be bankrupt before the first year. They thought they would make a million and found out they lost ten thousand.

Malice
07-21-2004, 10:57 PM
I'm going to buy one sight-unseen. I'll probably place my order tomorrow or Friday...still don't have my mind made up about a few options.

I will say that of all the cuemaker's sites I've visited, his is by far the best.

Jimmy B
07-22-2004, 03:03 AM
Bryan does take some of the better cue pics in the biz. But I might add that you should worry more about the cues the person makes then how good the web-site looks. It would seem to me the real good cue makers don't have or need a web-site, they are busy building cues. (ex. Ginacue)

JB

buddha162
07-22-2004, 05:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> Bryan does take some of the better cue pics in the biz. But I might add that you should worry more about the cues the person makes then how good the web-site looks. It would seem to me the real good cue makers don't have or need a web-site, they are busy building cues. (ex. Ginacue)

JB <hr /></blockquote>

hmm...Herceck and Mottey have websites too...

Slackers! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

-Roger

cycopath
07-22-2004, 03:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Rod, what happened to Sierra? <hr /></blockquote>

We received an email no too long ago from a company (don't recall the name) trying to sell quantites of Sierra Custom Cues. It was pretty decent deals, if I recall correctly.

justbrake
07-22-2004, 05:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote buddha162:</font><hr> Hey Joey (or anyone else who might have an opinion),

Do you think there could be any problems ordering a cue from BCM in Arizona when I live in NJ? In terms of climate, humidity, etc.

I mean, if he doesn't baby his cues in climate a controlled environment (which I believe shouldn't be done), the humidity level between AZ and NJ is huge!

-Roger <hr /></blockquote>

I bought mind about 8 months ago and its still strait

Cueless Joey
07-22-2004, 06:39 PM
They got out cheap.
I wish they were nearby so I could buy their lathe/s. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Jimmy B
07-23-2004, 03:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote buddha162:</font><hr>
hmm...Herceck and Mottey have websites too...

Slackers! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Thomas Wayne, Mike Bender, Barry Szamboti, Southwest, and Joe Gold don't. :-) Bigger smirk, should I go on??? I wasn't saying that no good cuemaker has a website, I was just saying that the web-site shouldn't really factor into if the cue is good or not.

JB

buddha162
07-25-2004, 02:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> I wasn't saying that no good cuemaker has a website, I was just saying that the web-site shouldn't really factor into if the cue is good or not.

JB

<hr /></blockquote>

Well I certainly agree with that. I don't think any reasonable person would judge playability based on a picture.

Here's what you did say in the post I replied to, hope you can understand why I suffered this misunderstanding:

[ QUOTE ]
It would seem to me the real good cue makers don't have or need a web-site, they are busy building cues. (ex. Ginacue)
<hr /></blockquote>

Hence, my remark re "good" cuemakers who do have websites. Sorry for the sarcasm though, that's never necessary in a discussion forum where intentions can be misread.

-Roger