PDA

View Full Version : Watch out Ditzy Twits, um Dixie Chicks

eg8r
07-20-2004, 02:36 PM
Well, it seems there is another country "star" (rising) who might not agree with them. Have they quit country music yet? I know they "threatened" to quit a little while ago.

Anyways, in interviewing Josh Gracin, CNN was unable to contain themselves and they felt the need to include the prison issues. Well, Josh caught them in their tracks and answered them perfectly. [ QUOTE ]
Q: How did you get the Marines to OK a stint on "American Idol"?

GRACIN: They were really happy about it. I think they thought it was good to have someone in the military to be a positive force out there, performing and showing people that we are good guys. We don't just run around with guns. We have goals and dreams. They transferred me temporarily so I could work and be on the show at the same time.

Q: Do you write your own songs?

GRACIN: I do. But no one figured out that my songs were good enough for the album until it was too late. So, next time.

<font color="blue"> I bet Josh Gracin doesn't not expect the next question! </font color>

Q: What do you think about the prisoner abuse scandal?

GRACIN: The actions of a few shouldn't make people think everyone is like that. We are so focused on this one thing, but there are people in Iraq killing soldiers and killing their own people. It looks like the media is too concerned with making the president look bad.

<font color="blue"> After that great response, the interviewer notices that Josh has deflected the knife from entering his back, so the interviewer tries again... </font color>

Q: Are you embarrassed that you didn't go overseas and fight?

GRACIN: Look, I still volunteered. The people that would complain about me not being overseas are the same people that are fighting against a draft. Fact is, I couldn't go. We are assigned to jobs, and we do them. <font color="blue"> This is where the interviewer cringes when he realizes what his own job has become. </font color> Yeah, of course the glory is over there. But we're all working toward a goal. We're all in it together.

Q: Would you vote for George Bush in the next election?

GRACIN: I haven't really seen yet what either person has to offer. I want to vote for who is best for the job, <font color="blue"> Which I am sure the interviewer will not be paying attention to. </font color> and I have to wait and see who that is.

<hr /></blockquote> Don't you think it is sad, the interviewer did not take a couple more minutes to talk about some of the good going on over in Iraq. Is there a reason why the prison abuse scandal is the only thing anyone wants to talk about. High-five for Josh, for not falling for the little trick. It also appears the interviewer only wanted to bring up all the negativity that surrounded Gracin's time on Idol. What was the purpose of the question, (Are you embarrassed that you didn't go overseas and fight?), so stupidly worded, if not to promote negativity.

The media's prostitution of the prison abuse scandal is near suffocating. I guess there is no shame at CNN.

eg8r

Cueless Joey
07-20-2004, 03:32 PM
Poor Iraqis. Gone are the days when they were all living in peace and prosperity with Saddam.
Oh the interviewer? Maybe he's a veteran who has served this country. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Talk is cheap. I cannot question anyone who has already voluntered to serve this country.

landshark77
07-20-2004, 04:54 PM
OK now for my $0.03...
First, your reference to the Dixie Chicks...I like the Dixie Chicks, music wise...hell I'd probably enjoy hanging out with them, especially Natalie. I may not agree with her political views, but oh, well. I don't agree with most of my friends political views either, but they are still my friends. She said some stupid things, but the great thing about America is that she can...I'm sure everyone has put their foot in their mouth a few times. I do not think her music should be affected by her own views. And I surely don't think she should be ridiculed for stating her mind...no matter what her opinion is.

Second, Josh did a great job handling himself in that interview. CNN was doing their job, unfortunately drama sells, and they were obviously trying to stir it up a bit.

Third, this whole Iraqi prisoner thing...I am tired of hearing it, honestly. We are in a war. We are not playing a card game. We do not know what is going on over there. We can only rely on the media. (go back to my second point) Can the media really be trusted?

Thanx for letting me pay...everyone you are now a whole $0.03 richer...go get some penny candy!

nhp
07-21-2004, 06:26 AM
While a couple of our soldiers abused some Iraqi prisoners, the Iraqis are kidnapping innocent people and cutting their heads off. Which is a more serious matter?

Of course, being that we are there to help the Iraqis, things like that should not happen, we are supposed to be the heroic liberaters. You cannot really say, "Well if the Iraqis are doing such horrible things to us, why can't we do the same to them?" In my honest opinion, the terrorists who are committing these horrific acts of murder and decapitation deserve nothing shy of torture and shame, but there really is nothing we can do but continue to try to be the good guys. Every little mistake our country makes in this war, the world will amplify tenfold. I don't agree with us being there in the first place, but now that we are there, the job needs to be finished in a manner that can help redeem some of our faith lost by the rest of the world.

eg8r
07-21-2004, 06:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
While a couple of our soldiers abused some Iraqi prisoners, the Iraqis are kidnapping innocent people and cutting their heads off. Which is a more serious matter? <hr /></blockquote> The media would not agree with you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I don't agree with us being there in the first place, but now that we are there, the job needs to be finished in a manner that can help redeem some of our faith lost by the rest of the world. <hr /></blockquote> I believe we should be doing our best, and I just wish the media would mention some of it.

eg8r

nhp
07-21-2004, 06:38 AM
You know what I noticed, is that the media thrives on negativity. Murders, rapes, wars, terror attack warnings, you name it. Every once in a while there is a short report on something good, like a cat being rescued out of a tree, but 90% of it is about how bad everything is. The media loves to terrify the public. I guess it's a way to attract more viewers, and make more money.

eg8r
07-21-2004, 06:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't agree with most of my friends political views either, but they are still my friends. She said some stupid things, but the great thing about America is that she can...I'm sure everyone has put their foot in their mouth a few times. I do not think her music should be affected by her own views. And I surely don't think she should be ridiculed for stating her mind...no matter what her opinion is. <hr /></blockquote> First off, let me mention the contradiction in your own post. I guess this portion of your post is in reference to me calling them the Ditzy Twits. It is also a government given right to me to be allowed to say this. Second contradiction, you state she said some stupid things, and then you don't think she should be ridiculed for stating her mind. Fine, then why call the statement of her mind "stupid"? You really cannot be on both sides of the fence if you are trying to make a point. Now, I do agree with you on the fact that she is American and she can say what is on her mind. Much like the other country music stars who stated their minds in reference to the Ditzy Twits. It is also great that the music industry stated what was on their minds by removing the Twits from the radio.

As far as you not thinking their music should be affected, that is fine, but no one said it was affected. They stated they were going to leave country music, no one pushed them out.

[ QUOTE ]
Second, Josh did a great job handling himself in that interview. <hr /></blockquote> I agree Josh did a great job.

[ QUOTE ]
Third, this whole Iraqi prisoner thing...I am tired of hearing it, honestly. We are in a war. We are not playing a card game. We do not know what is going on over there. We can only rely on the media. (go back to my second point) Can the media really be trusted? <hr /></blockquote> I would say, not completely. If we left it up to the mainstream media, we would not know ANY of the good that has happened over in Iraq since the fall of Saddam.

eg8r

eg8r
07-21-2004, 06:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The media loves to terrify the public. I guess it's a way to attract more viewers, and make more money. <hr /></blockquote> Yes sir, you are correct. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

landshark77
07-21-2004, 07:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> I don't agree with most of my friends political views either, but they are still my friends. She said some stupid things, but the great thing about America is that she can...I'm sure everyone has put their foot in their mouth a few times. I do not think her music should be affected by her own views. And I surely don't think she should be ridiculed for stating her mind...no matter what her opinion is. <hr /></blockquote> First off, let me mention the contradiction in your own post. I guess this portion of your post is in reference to me calling them the Ditzy Twits. It is also a government given right to me to be allowed to say this. Second contradiction, you state she said some stupid things, and then you don't think she should be ridiculed for stating her mind. Fine, then why call the statement of her mind "stupid"? You really cannot be on both sides of the fence if you are trying to make a point. Now, I do agree with you on the fact that she is American and she can say what is on her mind. Much like the other country music stars who stated their minds in reference to the Ditzy Twits. It is also great that the music industry stated what was on their minds by removing the Twits from the radio.

As far as you not thinking their music should be affected, that is fine, but no one said it was affected. They stated they were going to leave country music, no one pushed them out.

<hr /></blockquote>

Really I was just stating my opinion on the Chicks since you brought it up. No one said that you couldn't say what ever you want about them. I was just stating another side to this whole country drama. I too am a country fan and didn't like the whole ban thing when it happened. I am sure their are others out there like me too. And for the record, I like Toby too.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-21-2004, 07:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr>.. I like Toby too. <hr /></blockquote>

I liked Toby until about 2 months ago. If I hear that stupid song "I love this bar" one more time I am going to scream.

landshark77
07-21-2004, 07:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr>.. I like Toby too. <hr /></blockquote>

I liked Toby until about 2 months ago. If I hear that stupid song "I love this bar" one more time I am going to scream. <hr /></blockquote>

I love that song! This bar I go to is that bar he sings about...at least I'd swear it is.

Qtec
07-21-2004, 07:56 AM
"It is also great that the music industry stated what was on their minds by removing the Twits from the radio."

So you believe that people should be persecuted because of their political beliefs?

If the star pitcher in your favorite baseball team was not allowed to play because of something he said about J.Kerry, would you agree with that?

Q

Voodoo Daddy
07-21-2004, 08:01 AM
Just to help some of the CCB'ers out "COUNTRY MUSIC KILLS BRAIN CELLS"...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Voodoo~~~listinin' to Guns and Roses butcher "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

landshark77
07-21-2004, 08:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Just to help some of the CCB'ers out "COUNTRY MUSIC KILLS BRAIN CELLS"...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Voodoo~~~listinin' to Guns and Roses butcher "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

My brain was burned years ago...there is no helping me now.

Cueless Joey
07-21-2004, 08:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If the star pitcher in your favorite baseball team was not allowed to play because of something he said about J.Kerry, would you agree with that?
<hr /></blockquote>
Hmm, apples and oranges.
The Twits were not banned from performing.
The radio stations VOLUNTEERED to stop playing their music in support of our troops. The radio station owners and employees have the right not to play their music either.
People shouldn't be persecuted for their political beliefs?
OK, can I badmouth some religious groups ( if I were a disc jockey) then without persecution? Let's say, I say on the radio that these bunch of people are cavemen? Should I get away with it?

eg8r
07-21-2004, 08:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just to help some of the CCB'ers out "COUNTRY MUSIC KILLS BRAIN CELLS"...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
<hr /></blockquote> LOL, you are too much.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
eg8r

eg8r
07-21-2004, 09:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So you believe that people should be persecuted because of their political beliefs?
<hr /></blockquote> Who was persecuted?

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> I am not sure your analogy works here, but, if the star pitcher says something and his boss does not like the perception of what was said and he removed the player then that is totally up to the owner, he is allowed to remove players from his team. This is evidenced quite often when players use drugs. Sure the legality between drugs and free speech is quite different, there is still a perception issue with the actions by the player. I am willing to bet the baseball organization is more worried about the tainted perception, in all baseball, than whether or not the player broke a law (although this would add to the tainted perception).

eg8r

07-23-2004, 05:25 AM
i cant seem to listen to even the first 30 seconds of a country song...NOR Guns and Roses..always hated them too lol..bring on some"IRONMAN" da da dadada!!

landshark77
07-23-2004, 06:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote VooDoozDoll:</font><hr> i cant seem to listen to even the first 30 seconds of a country song...NOR Guns and Roses..always hated them too lol..bring on some"IRONMAN" da da dadada!! <hr /></blockquote>

Great...On King of the Hill last night (I watch before I fall asleep) they played the begining cords to Ironman...I am Ironman...da..da.da..da .dadadada.. Now first thing this morning you are going the same thing. How is this song going to vacate my head?

TomBrooklyn
07-23-2004, 05:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>So you believe that people should be persecuted because of their political beliefs? If the star pitcher in your favorite baseball team was not allowed to play because of something he said... would you agree with that?<hr /></blockquote>It happens that a few years ago, a very good closing pitcher for the Atlanta Braves was fired for expressing, in a Sports Illustrated article, negative feelings related to the welfare and immigration policies of the USA.