PDA

View Full Version : Found something weird in my fast food burger...

nhp
07-21-2004, 06:08 AM
Hey I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I was eating a Carl's Jr. burger not too long ago, and as I was half way thru the burger, I noticed something shiny on the meat. I took off the bun, and found something that looked like tin foil, but it had some black film attached to it. I am very angry right now because we drove back to the place, and showed it to the worker, and he said "I don't think so, we don't use that kind of foil here". All he did was glance at it, and he wouldn't even give a refund. Who can I contact to complain about this? I am positive I ate some of whatever it is, because the thing cuts off right to where I was eating it, and it is a big piece of whatever it is. Should I talk to a lawyer?

Wally_in_Cincy
07-21-2004, 06:30 AM
Very difficult to prove. And if they think you are making it up you could get charged with extortion.

landshark77
07-21-2004, 07:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Very difficult to prove. And if they think you are making it up you could get charged with extortion. <hr /></blockquote>

lol...extrotion....very funny.

Nostroke
07-21-2004, 10:40 AM
Very funny my butt, If you sue a fast food chain like that-They will investigate you non stop.They want to make an example of you and most definitely they will charge and prosecute you for extortion if they find any evidence.

If you dont have good witnesses, give it up.

woody_968
07-21-2004, 11:26 AM
There were some people not too long ago in a town a short ways from where I live that sued Taco Bell, saying they found a mouse in their taco. I beleive the people ended up doing some time for trying to pull that one off.

Not saying the original poster was doing that, just pointing out that it is taken VERY seriously when accusations are made.

SPetty
07-21-2004, 11:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nhp:</font><hr>Should I talk to a lawyer?<hr /></blockquote>What do you want to come of this? Determine what it is you want, then make it happen.

If you want an apology or a free burger, write a letter to the manager/district manager/company president describing the incident and ask for an apology or a free burger. The kid at the window ain't the one that'll be helpful.

If you're concerned for your health, go to your doctor. Get an X-ray if it will make you feel better.

If you think they tried to kill or hurt you, go to the police.

I'm not being flippant. Nobody likes to find foreign objects in their store bought food, but it's one of those side effects of society. People will occasionally find foreign objects in places where they don't belong. Yuck! I hate when that happens. Yes, you're understandably unhappy about it. Sorry it happened. At least it wasn't a chicken fried chicken head!
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/graphics/chckhead.jpg

landshark77
07-21-2004, 12:33 PM
Well, maybe I was wrong about the funny part. It did make me laugh though. I worked through high school at fast food joints and never heard that a customer could be charged with extortion... and believe me, people came in all the time with some crazy stories trying to get a free meal. I was pretty tight with the managers too, I'm sure if they knew this then they would have said something to me. That was like 10 years ago, so I guess times have changed.

Nostroke
07-21-2004, 12:46 PM
Oh they can come in and say whatever but the minute they notify the media or file any kind of suit, Watch out- Corporate starts firing all their ammo and they are relentless.

wolfdancer
07-21-2004, 12:56 PM
I don't think he has a case...probably flushed the evidence down the toilet

9 Ball Girl
07-21-2004, 12:57 PM
What if whatever was eaten might have some effect later on? Will it then be too late to complain about it to the Fast Food Police or would he be chastised for not saying something when it did happen? I guess it's one of those touchy feely situations.

nhp
07-21-2004, 07:33 PM
I saved the burger and the object I found in it, it's still on top of the patty. It bitten off at the same place I bit the burger, so I am sure I ate some of it. It looks like it was cooked in with the meat, because it was attached to the meat. I do have witnesses, there were about 10 people with me when I bit into the burger and saw something shiny and said, "What the f--- is this!?" Everyone looked and saw it at the same time as me.

Popcorn
07-21-2004, 11:09 PM
Assuming all you say is true, what are your damages? What would be the basis of a law suit. If you talk to a lawyer you will be told about the possiblity of a frivolous law suit and you could be liable for the costs of the person you are suing. A friend of mine sued Wayne Huizenga, Lost the suit and was himself sued for the costs. Mr. Huizenga has very expensive lawyers. It cost my friend $65,000. A law suit is not like buying a lottery ticket where you take a shot. There can be consequences for your actions. I would say forget it no lawyer will even talk to you. On the other hand, a small suit like yours if they felt it had any merit will be settled very quickly for a small amount of money. It is considered a nuisance suit and they offer you $2000. to go away rather than waste time going through any court stuff. Places like Disney settle hundreds of these every year you never hear about and most are probably fraud. It is the cost of doing business.

Popcorn
07-21-2004, 11:27 PM
"They want to make an example of you"

Actually they don't, they want you to go away and have no one ever hear about it. If you sue them and they win, they still lose, because, to the public it just looks like a big guy beating up on a little guy regardless of the facts. It is all bad publicity no matter what way it comes out. That is why people like Disney almost never lets this kind of stuff become public. You will see a story about someone getting hurt in one of their parks and you will never hear about it again. They pay to make it go away.