PDA

View Full Version : Nick Varner Cues

trailboss
07-21-2004, 10:30 AM
I have one of his sneaky petes, shoots pretty good. Is he out of bussiness? I cant find his cues listed anywhere. Also the joint on the shaft has a small nipple that when screwed into the butt locks it up tight. Anyone know what this joint type is called. The hit is very crisp with this joint which suprised me.

RedHell
07-21-2004, 12:03 PM
The only Nick Varners cues I have heard of were Falcon Nick Varners Series.

The joint you described seems to be what we call a piloted joint. If you have a Falcon Varner series the joint should be a piloted Stainless steal 5/16th 14. It is pretty standard.

There might be a black Falcon (Bird) on the cue somewhere, either on the buttcap or just by the joint. That should confirm it is a falcon.

woody_968
07-21-2004, 12:05 PM
I believe the type of joint you are asking about is called a piloted joint. As far as Varner cues go I dont know who was making his cues last.

woody_968
07-21-2004, 12:06 PM
Joss used to make a Varner cue as well, but this has been years ago.

RedHell
07-21-2004, 12:09 PM
With a quick google search, I found this... it's amazing what you can find just by making a little search...

http://www.jayscue.com/nv_WC101.php

RedHell
07-21-2004, 12:10 PM
I guess the question is, who didn't make a Nick Varner cue ?!@?!? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tateuts
07-21-2004, 01:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr> I guess the question is, who didn't make a Nick Varner cue ?!@?!? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

That's an easy one; Nick Varner didn't!

Chris

ras314
07-21-2004, 09:14 PM
I saw Nick selling cues with his name on them once, looked pretty nice. He didn't say who made them.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-22-2004, 06:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> I saw Nick selling cues with his name on them once, looked pretty nice. He didn't say who made them. <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah he came thru Cincy a couple of years ago selling his cues and cases. The cues said Nick Varner in gold on the butt. I think by then the Sigel-Varner brand was history.

I'm pretty sure the cues were Chinese but they did not look bad at all. Especially for just over a hundy.

I think SnookerS still has a couple if anybody wants one /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

chas1022
05-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Nick has his own supply now. nickvarner.com. I don't know who makes them but I heard they are nice cues for a fair price.