PDA

View Full Version : The New CCB III Tourney Thread

9 Ball Girl
07-21-2004, 12:38 PM
When: Saturday, September 11, 2004
Where: Q-Master Billiards
Time: Warmup at 10 AM, quickie meeting afterwards, Play starts at 11 AM
Format: Round Robin Scotch Double (races to ???)
Prize Distribution: Goddamn Free For All (just kidding, see below)

Players:

1. Barbara
2. 9 Ball Girl
3. RichR
4. Eric.
5. Frank_Glenn
6. mr8ballme
7. SPetty
8. Wally_in_Cincy
9. Brian in VA
10. JMD in VA
11.pooldaddy9
12.JayCee
13.Kato
14.Phil in SoFla
15.JackPot George
16.cueball1950
17.ras314
18.Ken
19.PoolPlayer1988
20.Ross
21.Sack316
22.Gayle in MD
23.Bluewolf
24.Whitewolf
25.RedHell
26.Chris Cass
27.PQQLK9

Prizes are:

1st Place Trophy - for the 1st place winner, duh
2nd Place Trophy - gasp! for the 2nd place winner
3 Bags of Nuts - for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners
Allison Fisher Series Cuetech cue w/1x1 Guiseppe case
The Stroke Trainer
The Billiards Workbook
*Permanent Activation Key for the Pool Tournament Manager Software
*1 Year Unrestricted, Activation Key for the New Pool Tournament Director Software
2 Hour Videotaped Lesson with Scott Lee
2x4 Leather Cowboy style case
2x2 Pleather Pro Series case
Four 1 year subscriptions to Inside Pool Magazine
4 Inside Pool Tee Shirts
3 Days of Randy G's Pool School for 2004
1 DVD Player
1 Lexmark Z51 Printer

*These 2 prizes are the only ones that I have in my possession. I also have the 2x2 case that I'm donating.

1 Ceramic The Billiards Workbook Mug and 1 Billiards Workbook baseball cap will be handed out to each participant. There are 36 in each so it'll be first come first served.

Frank_Glenn
07-21-2004, 01:30 PM
I just booked a room at the Hampton Inn (next to the Holiday Inn walking distance to the convention center) for $76/night for Friday/Saturday. The Princess says she wants to go (she has relatives in Va. Beach), so I will be there. I have the Z51 and a USB cable and the power supply cord thingy in my posession. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RedHell
07-21-2004, 01:40 PM
Great Frank,

I just confirmed my room at the Holiday Inn for the whole week plus some... So maybe we can hookup during the day on Friday and do some printer laptop testing. That would make sure I'aint spending the warmup trying to get it working !!!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PS: What was interresting about the reservation is that the Holiday Inn couldn't have me from the 5th to the 18th... The 16th and 17th were sold out... go figure !!!

Frank_Glenn
07-21-2004, 02:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr> Great Frank,

I just confirmed my room at the Holiday Inn for the whole week plus some... So maybe we can hookup during the day on Friday and do some printer laptop testing. That would make sure I'aint spending the warmup trying to get it working !!!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PS: What was interresting about the reservation is that the Holiday Inn couldn't have me from the 5th to the 18th... The 16th and 17th were sold out... go figure !!! <hr /></blockquote>

OK, I will be there pretty early Friday. I'll PM you my cell #.

Chris Cass
07-21-2004, 02:16 PM
Where's Nick on the list? Isn't he going to play?

Regards,

C.C.

SPetty
07-21-2004, 02:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Where's Nick on the list? Isn't he going to play?<hr /></blockquote>He's #26 on the list.

(Up from #29, because three very key players have dropped out! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif )

9 Ball Girl
07-21-2004, 02:25 PM
Oops. I forgot to add myself on there. Like I would let my honey Kato be by himself. Ha!

Tom isn't playing this year and Voodoo isn't sure. There's always room for them should they be able to play.

SPetty
07-21-2004, 02:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I forgot to add myself on there. Like I would let my honey Kato be by himself.<hr /></blockquote>Whew! That's good news. Glad to hear it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chris Cass
07-21-2004, 03:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Where's Nick on the list? Isn't he going to play?<hr /></blockquote>He's #26 on the list.

(Up from #29, because three very key players have dropped out! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif ) <hr /></blockquote>

I don't see WW or BW going but I could be wrong and we could always do the raise of hands up thing when it comes closer. Just going by track record and it's like start stuff and don't show. Not trying to be rude but merely stating the track records.

Regards,

C.C.

9 Ball Girl
07-21-2004, 03:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>I don't see WW or BW going but I could be wrong and we could always do the raise of hands up thing when it comes closer. Just going by track record and it's like start stuff and don't show. Not trying to be rude but merely stating the track records.<hr /></blockquote>Well, they didn't show the first year or the second year but this time around I haven't heard Nay from them so I don't know. From what I can remember with using Dave's format last year, I think we needed to have a certain amount of players so that the format could run smoothly so we wound up recruiting my other honey MeanGene and Frank. They'll be there again this year with someone else (Bobby?) so we can always fill the field to where we need it. That means that Eric's (RedHell) wife can probably play too if she wants.

Barbara
07-21-2004, 04:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Where's Nick on the list? Isn't he going to play?<hr /></blockquote>He's #26 on the list.

(Up from #29, because three very key players have dropped out! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif ) <hr /></blockquote>

Okay, color me lost - which three dropped out (besides Voodoo)?

Barbara

Barbara
07-21-2004, 07:49 PM
Okay, so I wasn't there last year but I would like to know a couple things:

1. Scotch Doubles - real Scotch Doubles or "partner playing"? Some people really don't know the difference.

2. Are we playing 9-ball or 8-ball? 9-ball would probably go faster but you can always screw your partner major big time in 8-ball. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I jes wanna be prepared...

Barbara~~~can't wait to hook up with the other half of "Team Boti"... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mr Ingrate
07-21-2004, 08:40 PM
Barbara,

Last year was just doubles, could be male/male, female/female, or male/female whatever the computer matched up. A match was 2 games of 9 ball (not a race) so everyone played the same number of games. This is required because each player is individually scored for the number of games he/she won, ie. each player of a partnership got 1 point for each game the partnership won.

Tie breakers were settled with a spot shot shootout. Chris and anonymous Ed did the spot thing forever. At my last fund raiser, we had a spot shot shootout. Started with the left foot pocket, then the right foot pocket, then a bank to the left head pocket, then to the right head pocket. That broke the tie real quickly.

I know you don't like to spend any time looking at software, but you might download it and install it on one of your computers and just read the help file. You can uninstall it after. It will explain a lot.

Chris Cass
07-21-2004, 09:31 PM
Hi Barbara,

Just to add to Daves reply. It was doubles or partners like he said and not the true Scotch Doubles where a male and female team up but I think we did do the, take one shot a peice and leave your opponent stuck type. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~has played regular partners doubles where you shot till you miss then, your team mate would shoot next if anything was next.

Ross
07-21-2004, 10:08 PM
I think what Barbara was asking had nothing to do with male/female. Scotch doubles (to my understanding) means that partners alternate each shot until one of them misses. Regular doubles, on the other hand, means that one partner keeps shooting until he/she misses. Then after the opponent misses the other partner shoots until missing.

Regular doubles is a bit more like regular straight-up pool (since theoretically you can run out on your own every time you get to the table) while scotch doubles is a bit more "fun-sies" pool. I voted for regular doubles since it is social but is still very similar to regular pool. It also allows the non-shooting partner more time to schmooze with the opposition while his partner is running out. But so far I am a bandwagon of 1. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Barbara
07-22-2004, 07:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> I think what Barbara was asking had nothing to do with male/female. Scotch doubles (to my understanding) means that partners alternate each shot until one of them misses. Regular doubles, on the other hand, means that one partner keeps shooting until he/she misses. Then after the opponent misses the other partner shoots until missing.
<hr /></blockquote>

Thank you Ross!! I should've been more specific in my post. I want to know whether it's going to be the true Scotch Doubles where you take a shot and if you make it, then your partner takes the next shot.

And to heck with the schmoozing!! I vote for woofing!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

Rich R.
07-22-2004, 07:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> I want to know whether it's going to be the true Scotch Doubles where you take a shot and if you make it, then your partner takes the next shot.

And to heck with the schmoozing!! I vote for woofing!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Barbara, by your definition, last year we had true Scotch Doubles. I would assume it will be the same this year.

There was, and will be, plenty of woofing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Or was that a Double Scotch??????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-22-2004, 07:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> 1. Scotch Doubles - real Scotch Doubles or "partner playing"? Some people really don't know the difference.<hr /></blockquote><font color="blue">Real Scotch doubles sans the male/female hookup. Could be male/male or female/female. So if you and I are partners, I shoot and try to set you up for the next shot, then you shoot next and try to set me up for the next one. When one of us misses a shot, then the other team proceeds to do the same thing.</font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>2. Are we playing 9-ball or 8-ball? 9-ball would probably go faster but you can always screw your partner major big time in 8-ball. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif<hr /></blockquote><font color="blue">9 Ball. True in 8 ball you can really screw your partner and can take longer, but you have to remember that this is on Saturday where matches in the Open start dwindling down to the nitty gritty and we don't want to miss a whole lot of it.</font color>

Eric.
07-22-2004, 08:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>Barbara, by your definition, last year we had true Scotch Doubles. <hr /></blockquote>

What if you don't drink Scotch?

Eric &gt;doesn't really care, just make it a double

nAz
07-22-2004, 12:08 PM
Surprise I think i will be showing up too!
Wendy you putting me up?

I want to be partners with Barbara! if not i will not play. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-22-2004, 12:17 PM
Putting you up? Or do you mean do I have to put up with you? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Does this mean that I should add you on to our tourney list?

nAz
07-22-2004, 12:29 PM
err only if i can be partners with Barbara other wise no.

PM about the room thingy

9 Ball Girl
07-22-2004, 12:43 PM
Latest player:

28.nAz

SPetty
07-22-2004, 01:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> I don't see WW or BW going but I could be wrong and we could always do the raise of hands up thing when it comes closer. <hr /></blockquote>Of course, WW hasn't been a registered CCB member for a few months now...

9 Ball Girl
07-22-2004, 01:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>Of course, WW hasn't been a registered CCB member for a few months now... <hr /></blockquote>Don't matter. We're not going to say No to the spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend/friend of someone who is a registered CCBer. Especially if we have to fill the field. Now if we have enough registered CCBers to play then that's a different story.

Barbara
07-22-2004, 01:06 PM
naz,

Everyone's playing with everyone. They'll be plenty of pain to spread around.

Barbara~~~warning, not very good at scotch doubles... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

nAz
07-22-2004, 01:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> naz,

Everyone's playing with everyone. They'll be plenty of pain to spread around.

Barbara~~~warning, not very good at scotch doubles... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

lol "pain"

Naz~~ warning not a good player at all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-22-2004, 02:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Naz~~ warning not a good player at all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>Wendy~~ warning hustler talk... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Chris Cass
07-22-2004, 02:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>Don't matter. We're not going to say No to the spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend/friend of someone who is a registered CCBer. Especially if we have to fill the field. Now if we have enough registered CCBers to play then that's a different story. <hr /></blockquote>

Well, myself wouldn't care if he played. This event is about getting togather besides, he may want to bring FL. That would be real fun then. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm not agianst anyone getting in if they post or lurk. It's not like were playing for anything but sharing a fun time.

Regards,

C.C.~~BW and Fran Vs FL and Eric. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
07-22-2004, 02:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>BW and Fran Vs FL and Eric. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>Man, you've got a helluva mean streak in you!

Chris Cass
07-22-2004, 02:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>BW and Fran Vs FL and Eric. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>Man, you've got a helluva mean streak in you! <hr /></blockquote>

HAHAHAHAHA No I don't. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~jump lessons commin up.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
07-22-2004, 02:40 PM
My famous Scotch doubles phrase,

"I got mine." Oops, wrong thread.

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
07-22-2004, 02:40 PM
Wendy, had some free time here today at the trailor park, and I've worked out a new format fer yer CCB tournament
Ya know, multiple partners, an such, liken we have here on our get-togethers.
Follow this link to the starting diagrams
http://www.all8.com/sd/calling/getoutg.htm
an get out yer calculator...thar's 96 different partner scrambling possibilities
6 arrangements X 4 sequences X 4 relationships = 96 player position states
This should keep everybody busy, until the Jack Daniels kicks in, an yer partner starts lookin pretty good
Ok now ..before we Allemande left, give each other a Yellowrock ( a friendly hug)
Don ferget, ya got to bare down, to make this work

wolfdancer
07-22-2004, 02:42 PM
nAz????? who invited him???
Count me out

nAz
07-22-2004, 03:18 PM
"nAz????? who invited him???
Count me out"

guess you won't be tasting my Nutz then... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

wolfdancer
07-22-2004, 03:54 PM
hope you know I was just kidding...have a great time there

Chris Cass
07-22-2004, 03:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> hope you know I was just kidding...have a great time there <hr /></blockquote>

Hi Wolfdancer,

Yes, he does. nAz, just likes to bust balls. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm going to give him some lessons on how to woof. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~looked for him last yr and no nAz. I was tempted to go to his house and crash on the couch. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Kato
07-22-2004, 05:20 PM
Don't forget Wendy, if we don't fill the field Frank and Mean Gene and another traveler with me will be in the house.

Kato

Kato
07-22-2004, 05:22 PM
Is there going to be woofing? I'm not playing, I'm a serious player and don't believe woofing should be allowed in pool /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~serious player, like Ralf Souquet on sleeping pills

bluewolf
07-22-2004, 07:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>
Well, myself wouldn't care if he played. This event is about getting togather besides, he may want to bring FL. That would be real fun then. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm not agianst anyone getting in if they post or lurk. It's not like were playing for anything but sharing a fun time.

Regards,

C.C.~~BW and Fran Vs FL and Eric. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks for the laugh. But i think that Fran and I could play together better than FL and eric could. At least Fran and I would not be trying to hit each other. LOL

BTW we are on the list but ww and I are still arguing about who is going to keep the dogs. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif And I do not have a hotel reservation yet but I do have my backpacking tent and sleeping bag. ww-thinks camping is the holiday inn. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-22-2004, 09:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Don't forget Wendy, if we don't fill the field Frank and Mean Gene and another traveler with me will be in the house.

Kato <hr /></blockquote>I could never forget! I mentioned them in another post. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-22-2004, 09:39 PM
Hey, maybe he can show you his infamous ball juggling act!

Chris Cass
07-22-2004, 10:55 PM
I really liked Mean Gene and Frank. Frank shoots straight and impressed me and the world wants a peice of Mean Gene. hahahahahaa

Seriously, I hope they get to play. They were some good people and fun.

Regards,

C.C.~~mean Gene the drinking machine. yessssss

Chris Cass
07-22-2004, 10:59 PM
What? You don't have a serious bone in your body. Your also one of my best friends. My Pizza and my lil brah.

Regards,

C.C.~~ya think he'd learn how to woof hanging with the Mean Gene woofing machine.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
07-22-2004, 11:10 PM
LOL Actually,

I walked out of my room on my way to the convention ctr and as I opened the door was greated but a rotwieler(sp) The dog was well behaved and I quickly closed the door. Then after the all clear was declared I made my way down the elevator to the lobby I ran into the same family with 2 huge dogs. I don't know if it was just because of the hurricane they allowed these big dogs as guests but, the dogs were behaved and I didn't have a problem with it then. If one did get me I would have surely died. Then, I'd sue the hell out out the Holiday Inn. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

Rod
07-23-2004, 12:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>

BTW we are on the list but ww and I are still arguing about who is going to keep the dogs. <hr /></blockquote>

How difficult can it be?

Rod

Chris Cass
07-23-2004, 12:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>

BTW we are on the list but ww and I are still arguing about who is going to keep the dogs. <hr /></blockquote>

How difficult can it be?

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

I agree with you Rod. After all, you have me watching your elephant. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

Rod
07-23-2004, 01:17 AM
he's really a water buffalo in an elephant costume. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif where do you think I get my tips from. wonder how elephant tips would be?

bluewolf
07-23-2004, 03:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>

How difficult can it be?

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

It is an ongoing fight we have anytime we are going anywhere. I like to put them in the kennel where they are safe because my siberian can slip out in a flash and be off to parts unknown for hours.

WW thinks we can have someone in to take care of them but i know I would have a horrible time if I had to be worried about my dogs the whole time.

So, in my mind it will be they either go into the kennel of one of us stays home (preferably him) to take care of the dogs.

I know my dogs and all a person has to do is turn their back on her for one second she is gone. She can open doors that are not locked to get out, also.

Then to make matters worse, WW insists he will not go without me. I would go without him but he insists that I am incapable of driving myself there since my one shi##y leg has gone bellyup a couple of times. Geez. you have to take some chances to have fun.

Laura

nAz
07-23-2004, 06:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> hope you know I was just kidding...have a great time there <hr /></blockquote>

DAAAAAaaaa /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

so was i.

hopefully i will make, let you and CC buy me a Drinky

Chris Cass
07-23-2004, 07:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>
DAAAAAaaaa /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

so was i.

hopefully i will make, let you and CC buy me a Drinky <hr /></blockquote>

Sure nAz,

Lord knows you can't win one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif hahahaha

C.C.

bluewolf
07-23-2004, 08:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> LOL Actually,

I walked out of my room on my way to the convention ctr and as I opened the door was greated but a rotwieler(sp) The dog was well behaved and I quickly closed the door. Then after the all clear was declared I made my way down the elevator to the lobby I ran into the same family with 2 huge dogs. I don't know if it was just because of the hurricane they allowed these big dogs as guests but, the dogs were behaved and I didn't have a problem with it then. If one did get me I would have surely died. Then, I'd sue the hell out out the Holiday Inn. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

<hr /></blockquote>

Hey, Chris. That is too funny. What happened during the hurricaine is that gobs of people came to Roanoke, Va,my home town. The motels were letting in cats, dogs, everything, forgot the rules. People even came with their horses and the people in the area that had space, let the horses in too. People opened their houses to folks and their pets also. I was quite touched, actually.

So, I guess the hotels in Va Beach were doing the same thing.

As regards the CCB tournament, I really wanted to come. A year ago I could stand on two feet just fine. I have lost a lot in a year, had to leave in the middle of the APA tournament. Got through the first round but after about 4 hours, that was about the limit. Not knowing where I will be in a year , I mean noone knows how far a thing will go, I especially wanted to come. It was real important to me, actually.

But, it turned out, as I just got word of this, that our whole family is going to a resort that weekend to celebrate my mothers 80 year old, birthday, so that supercedes the CCB tourny. SH*T. Ray will be at home keeping the dogs and I will probably be going back and forth from where we are going 'par avion'.

Hope you guys have a great time and I still want 5 pins. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Laura

RedHell
07-23-2004, 08:39 AM
Chriss,

Just so you know, there's no surprise that you saw many dogs at the holiday inn, they're one of the only hotel who allow pets. They even have a service where they come and walk them twice during the day if you are gone.

The wife and I thought of bringring our lab/golden, but I figured she'd be better with my sister (and her dog) for 2 weeks than stuck in a small hotel room.

And that's without saying that we have a 16 hours drive to get there !!!

RedHell
07-23-2004, 08:45 AM
Laura Pins should be ready soon. SPetty has put togheter a nice ordering web page. Rich is expecting delivery soon...

All we have left to do is set the price including shipping and we'll be ready to take order....

9 Ball Girl
07-23-2004, 11:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr>The wife and I thought of bringring our lab/golden, but I figured she'd be better with my sister (and her dog) for 2 weeks than stuck in a small hotel room.<hr /></blockquote>Awwwww man! I love big dogs--especially Labs!!! Phoey!

Wendy&lt;---4 years without her lab...

Wally_in_Cincy
07-23-2004, 12:07 PM
I dated a girl who said she had a lab. turned out it was meth /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RedHell
07-23-2004, 12:36 PM
You know Wendy, if it wasn't about all the places we can't bring our dog, the dog would be with us all day long. You'd love her, she's the nicest thing you can imagine. Very well behaved and trained, I could literally take her anywhere I wanted without even a leash.

I'm leaving for the lake in a couple of hours where we will be having a summer party with probably 30 to 40 people. Again, my dog will be the show of the day. Kids keep playing with her throwing stick in the lake and my dog, as the retreiver that she is, spends the day swimming and bringing the sticks back to the kids.

Then she sleeps for a week to recover /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
07-23-2004, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Geez. you have to take some chances to have fun.
<hr /></blockquote>

I see, so you'd rather risk you life and possibly someone else in an accident? I know what you mean. Hope you can make it. It's near you, you know. Some of us live across the country.

Rod

Chris Cass
07-23-2004, 01:40 PM
Labs are in my opinion the best dogs out there. I love then to death. There so smart and fun and they could care less about jumping in the water and love to play. I had a mix when I was a kid and my mother put it to sleep. I was so pi$$ed. Broke my heart that dog and never forgave Mom for that one either but I just don't bring it up and try not to think about how that dog suffered.

Regards,

C.C.~~his name was Smack. Blk and loved me soo much /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

RedHell
07-24-2004, 09:24 AM
I had many dogs in my short life. Mix breed, Collies, small and big ones. Every one of them broke my heart when they died. But when you look at all the joy that they bring you in your life it easily overcome the sadness of the departure.

The one I have right now is to me the best dog I ever had, but everytime I get a new one, it's always my best dog /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris Cass
07-24-2004, 11:02 AM
Tap. Tap, Tap. They truely are mans best friend.

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Harold Acosta
07-24-2004, 11:04 AM
Please remember to say a prayer for all those fallen on September 11th....

<font color="blue">Billiards: A passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/animated-stars.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-25-2004, 11:18 AM
A change in the prizes:

Prizes are:

1st Place Trophy
2nd Place Trophy
3 Bags of Nuts - for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners
3 KC Custom Cues
The Stroke Trainer
The Billiards Workbook
Permanent Activation Key for the Pool Tournament Manager Software
1 Year Unrestricted, Activation Key for the New Pool Tournament Director Software
2x4 Leather Cowboy style case
2x2 Pleather Pro Series case
Four 1 year subscriptions to Inside Pool Magazine
4 Inside Pool Tee Shirts
3 Days of Randy G's Pool School for 2004
1 DVD Player
1 Lexmark Z51 Printer

Scott Lee
07-25-2004, 09:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>
<hr /></blockquote>

Wendy...Just email me with the name of the winner of my free lesson, and I'll take care of contacting them, and setting something up.

Scott Lee

9 Ball Girl
07-26-2004, 11:33 AM
Will do Scott!