PDA

View Full Version : The CCB Dinner

9 Ball Girl
07-21-2004, 12:52 PM
The CCB Dinner.

When: Friday, September 10, 2004

Time: Meet at the lobby of the Holiday Inn at 5 PM. Reservations will be for 5:30 PM

Where: Yukon Steak Restaurant (http://)

Please let me know who plans to attend and if you're planning on bringing someone with you. I'd like to call the Yukon the week before and have a near exact amount of people.

Wendy~~~calculators optional. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
07-21-2004, 01:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> ~~calculators optional. <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I be there, good Lord willin' and the storm surge don't rise.

BTW I can only count to 21

Rich R.
07-21-2004, 01:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I be there, good Lord willin' and the storm surge don't rise. <hr /></blockquote>
Whimp!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cathy and I will be there with or without the hurricane. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Frank_Glenn
07-21-2004, 01:36 PM
Lets say me and the princess. If she doesn't go I'm sure I can find someone else who needs to eat. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

RedHell
07-21-2004, 01:42 PM
You can add 2 more, my wife and I will be please to join our new CCB friends !!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barbara
07-21-2004, 01:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> ~~calculators optional. <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I be there, good Lord willin' and the storm surge don't rise.

BTW I can only count to 21

<font color="blue">And you can do that in private, bud.</font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

Barbara~~are pocket protectors allowed...?

SPetty
07-21-2004, 02:16 PM
Thelma &amp; Louise will be there.

Chris Cass
07-21-2004, 03:10 PM
COOL

cueball1950
07-21-2004, 06:33 PM
well i just had my hair cut and beard trimmed so i could look human this year.....lol...so i guess i will be there also........................................mike

ras314
07-21-2004, 08:58 PM
Wahoooo! Just had an ophthalmologist exam and ain't nothing read bad going to happen for a while. Whole month of Sept is now dedicated to pool, CCB111, and CCB Dinner. No rifle matches, no elk hunt, just pool. Going to take a long time a-going and a-coming back, hitting a bunch of pool halls along the way. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sometimes being retired is fun! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Read somewhere you needed help hauling the loot around, I'll have a small pick-up.

Ross
07-21-2004, 10:14 PM
Set a place for me as well. I'll be hungry after driving up from Durham, North Kakalaky... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Voodoo Daddy
07-22-2004, 04:51 AM
Just for the record, I founded the CCB dinner. It was a jesture of kindness...ya know, breaking bread with those who have the same passion as I once did. That whole week was a blast &lt;it was a B-Day present to myself just being there&gt;. I'm proud of Wendy for keeping the ball rolling and forming a tradition that someday will be as legendary as the tournament we are attending. Las Vegas, Valley Forge, DCC...its all pale in comparison to whats been built by us...CCB!!

The CCB tournament put together by a few folks...key ingredient, Tom_in_Sactown_formally_from_Cincy. Created not only to play our own tournament but to meet/match the face with the text/get to know and rub elbows with those that share the love of pool, much like the dinner. It was a cast of characters and on my end...made a few pretty strong connections from that week.

Hanging at the Convention Center and at the pool room...THATS whats its all about.[b] NOT WHO'S IS BUYING WHO'S STEAK OR SCOTCH DOUBLES OR I QUIT OR YOUR TOURNAMENT BOARD OR HIS SYSTEM OR YOUR AUNT TILLIE'S ASS!!! Notice the two founders are'nt on the list...who lost scope of things? Sorry I'm such a prick but the truth is the truth.

Voodoo~~~might just go up after all and hang with Sactown_Tom

#### leonard
07-22-2004, 07:08 AM
Voodooo, I wanted to pass this story on. I was playing in a tourney at Mike Ashes and was playing Alan Hopkins in between games when Kenny Smith, a great lover of pool and a figure in running the Worlds Championships with Bob MiGirr and the BPAA invited me to go to dinner with Herbie Lehman,Ray Guillbault and another Conn player whose name escapes me.

I quickly lost the game and we were on our way to eat at a restaurant recomended by Pete Balner. When we were seated at the restaurant, two single women were sitting next two us and the single guys invited them to join us.

They accepted and an enjoyable 3 hour dinner ensued. On the way back to the tourney, Smitty remarked that that was the first time he ever had dinner with pool players and not once was pool ever mentioned.

So I can't imagine what that dinner will be like.####

Chris Cass
07-22-2004, 07:21 AM
Don't forget to add the "Midwest Expo".

C.C.~~doesn't think you should feel sorry about speaking your peice. Tom, would enjoy that if you did show.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-22-2004, 07:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> ...Sorry I'm such a prick...<hr /></blockquote>

me too

lighten up dude, it's no big thing.

9 Ball Girl
07-22-2004, 07:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Hanging at the Convention Center and at the pool room...THATS whats its all about. NOT WHO'S IS BUYING WHO'S STEAK OR SCOTCH DOUBLES OR I QUIT OR YOUR TOURNAMENT BOARD OR HIS SYSTEM OR YOUR AUNT TILLIE'S ASS!!! Notice the two founders are'nt on the list...who lost scope of things? Sorry I'm such a prick but the truth is the truth.<hr /></blockquote>Steve, you are my God. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wendy&lt;---looking forward to having my A.M meal with my crew. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Barbara
07-22-2004, 07:58 AM
So what are you saying here that a lot of us don't already know?

I'm not part of the "inner clique" on this board and I missed out on last weekend's activities because I was out of town, so I really don't know why Tom quit the CCBIII tourny. But I do know that if you take some posts personally, you're going to get your nose out of joint on some of them.

I asked a couple of questions about the dinner and you keep throwing it back to my face. Sorry, but I want to know in advance about some things. And if I don't agree with them, then I'll make MY OWN decision whether I want to attend or not. I'm not losing perspective about "what it's all about", I just want to know. Is there something wrong with that?

And I applaud Wendy for taking the time to arrange this, too. I know a thing or two about what it's like to organize something of this magnitude.

So I'm going to tell you something you may not want to hear. The future. This CCB "get-together" is only going to get bigger and bigger every coming year, like it or not. And it will need to be more organized, or people will get turned off by the disorganization. We all need to input some ideas on organization or this will cease to exsist. How the h*ll do you think some of the biggest tournies and Expos around today evolved? They started on a small scale and grew. So if you're in a snit over some growing pains, get over it! This is what happens when something starts to become a tradition.

And don't take this personally 'cause it wasn't meant to be personal at all. You know I'd love to see you again.

Barbara

9 Ball Girl
07-22-2004, 08:13 AM
In my most calm voice, imagine the guy from "The Joy of Painting"

Let's just all sit back, take a couple of deep breaths, in with the good, out with the bad, smile at the person next to you, perhaps have a liquid lunch today (I know I am!), call your Mom and tell her you love her, pay that certain someone a compliment, possibly say something at work that'll make everyone breakout in song and dance ala "The Drew Carey Show", and review our version of The Way We Were (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=18290&amp; page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=).

I'm feeling giddy today so bare with me.

Wendy&lt;---45 more days...

Mr Ingrate
07-22-2004, 08:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>I'm feeling giddy today so bare with me.<hr /></blockquote>
I'm sorry Wendy, my wife won't let me "bare" with you.

Voodoo Daddy
07-22-2004, 09:05 AM
Sorry you missed the point Wally...your normally right on.

Voodoo~~~as light as a feather...on a Teradactal [sp]

9 Ball Girl
07-22-2004, 09:20 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
07-22-2004, 09:55 AM
It would be my pleasure to 'hang' with the Voodoo Daddy, or AKA 'the Big One'

Sitting in the Holiday Inn bar and mixing talk with Allen Hopkins and/or Keith McCready and such, has always been a BLAST.

I will be enjoying the US Open, that's my plan and I am sticking to it.

wolfdancer
07-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Good post!!!
The first two CCB get-togethers seemed so positive, that I was surprised by the "heated" discussions concerning CCBIII.
I thought it great, that so many "strangers" with only the common bond of pool, could get together amd establish friendships.
I think you'll all work through the "growing pains" and again have a great time there.

Voodoo Daddy
07-22-2004, 10:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> So what are you saying here that a lot of us don't already know?

I'm sure there was one thing in there that wasnt known

I'm not part of the "inner clique" on this board and I missed out on last weekend's activities because I was out of town, so I really don't know why Tom quit the CCBIII tourny. But I do know that if you take some posts personally, you're going to get your nose out of joint on some of them.

I guess you could get the wrong impression through text

I asked a couple of questions about the dinner and you keep throwing it back to my face. Sorry, but I want to know in advance about some things. And if I don't agree with them, then I'll make MY OWN decision whether I want to attend or not. I'm not losing perspective about "what it's all about", I just want to know. Is there something wrong with that?

Who's nose was outta joint in that situation?

And I applaud Wendy for taking the time to arrange this, too. I know a thing or two about what it's like to organize something of this magnitude.

Magnitude? Ok, I'll bite...whats so hard about having dinner and playing a tournament? Not much but I have read all posts on the subject and it seems that its gotten just a lil bit crazy.

So I'm going to tell you something you may not want to hear. The future. This CCB "get-together" is only going to get bigger and bigger every coming year, like it or not. And it will need to be more organized, or people will get turned off by the disorganization. We all need to input some ideas on organization or this will cease to exsist. How the h*ll do you think some of the biggest tournies and Expos around today evolved? They started on a small scale and grew. So if you're in a snit over some growing pains, get over it! This is what happens when something starts to become a tradition.

I could care less if it grows or not, I've made my friend quota via the internet and if I dont make another its ok by me!!

And don't take this personally 'cause it wasn't meant to be personal at all. You know I'd love to see you again.

Barbara

I'll end my post with this...have fun at the dinner, play well at the tournament and unless my life becomes easier through the lotto...you wont see me anytime soon, HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Voodoo~~~enough of the volleying, I'm done

<hr /></blockquote>

Wally_in_Cincy
07-22-2004, 10:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> ...I thought it great, that so many "strangers" with only the common bond of pool, could get together amd establish friendships....
<hr /></blockquote>

Not strangers.

More like a bunch of siblings in the back of the minivan fighting with each other all the way to the beach /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally &lt;~~ included with the squabbling siblings

Are we there yet, I gotta peeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tom_In_Cincy
07-22-2004, 11:49 AM
Barbara,

I did not 'quit' the CCBIII tournament. I did exactly what I wanted to. Got some donations and the format I wanted. When the format was questioned, that's when my services were no longer needed. Since you weren't present at the last two CCB Saturday events, you couldn't know what was happening behind the scenes. The majority of the players just showed up and played and collected prizes. It was all free and no one complained.

It was my choice not to partake, just as it would be for you. Like you mentioned, you wanted info to make a decision. I didn't object to any format changes. And, I sure didn't feel like defending my choice, it wasn't worth the agravation.

I didn't take any hard feelings from any of the posts. To be blunt about it, I only let family and close friends close enough to generate any type of emotions. Nothing I have has gotten "out of joint" over this.

I only have so much enery to spend on doing something I like doing, I will not exhaust any more on something that I just don't choose to.

The CCBIII event is just one of the many events CCB posters will be partaking. The dinner is just one, also.

Like I said before, I will be there all week, there is time for dinner, pool playing and the most important reason of all, watching the very best pool players in the world compete for the US Open title. FRONT ROW.

Q-Master is open 24/7 during the US Open and usually has a shuttle bus from the Convention Center.

As far as the future events for the the CCB members, your guess is as good as anyones.

I sure hope it continues and grows. But, only if ideas and suggestions are submitted in a positive manner. Being critical without offering suggestions to correct any problems is just a lot of hot air and wasted time.

And you will need to submit those ideas to someone. Who will that be? I have a list of suggestions.

SPetty
07-22-2004, 12:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> Going to take a long time a-going and a-coming back, hitting a bunch of pool halls along the way. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif<hr /></blockquote>Hey, ras314, see if you can make Pettypoint Pool Hall one of those stops. This time, now that you know us, plan to take advantage of a free room and shower! Well, not exactly free... I'll have to charge you the labor of a race to 7 set of 9-ball! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ras314
07-22-2004, 12:41 PM
Pettypoint Pool Hall is at the top of the short list. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris Cass
07-22-2004, 12:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> In my most calm voice, imagine the guy from "The Joy of Painting"

Let's just all sit back, take a couple of deep breaths, in with the good, out with the bad, smile at the person next to you, perhaps have a liquid lunch today (I know I am!), call your Mom and tell her you love her, pay that certain someone a compliment, possibly say something at work that'll make everyone breakout in song and dance ala "The Drew Carey Show", and review our version of The Way We Were (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=18290&amp; page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=).

I'm feeling giddy today so bare with me.

Wendy&lt;---45 more days... <hr /></blockquote>

Well,

I can take a compliment so, if you feel the need? I'll listen. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

C.C.~~LOL coomb by yah cassman

Chris Cass
07-22-2004, 12:47 PM
LOL Boy, you make me smile ####. I don't remember anyone talking about pool at last yrs dinner either. Well, everyone except Mike. hahaha That guy gave us a few pool stories and if was fun to hear them. Alls I could think of is, how good the ribs were and that they looked awfly small. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~will be thinking about #### all throuhg the tourney. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-22-2004, 12:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> I can take a compliment so, if you feel the need? I'll listen. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

C.C.~~LOL coomb by yah cassman <hr /></blockquote>Bahahahahahaha! Cumbayah. Now that's the way to get a party started. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
07-22-2004, 12:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Mr Ingrate:</font><hr> I'm sorry Wendy, my wife won't let me "bare" with you. <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks Joanna(sp?) and thanks Dave, for the visual. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

LOL,

C.C.

Eric.
07-22-2004, 12:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Notice the two founders are'nt on the list...who lost scope of things? <hr /></blockquote>

You mean you and Cuemage?

I think the whole d@mn thing started with Cuemage (let's lynch him /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ):

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=12459&amp;page =&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1&amp;vc=1

then after the ball got rolling, you suggested dinner at the Inlet...

Anyway, like you said, between all the huffin and puffin and people getting attitudes like scorned lovers, this good time might turn into a brawl!

Eric &gt;will be there with sunshine flowing outta my @ss

9 Ball Girl
07-22-2004, 12:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Like I said before, I will be there all week, there is time for dinner, pool playing and the most important reason of all, watching the very best pool players in the world compete for the US Open title. FRONT ROW. <hr /></blockquote>As you know, I'll be there all week too. We've got to hit Ruby Tuesday. It's traditional! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wendy&lt;---Dishaw 37, Tom&lt;---Dishaw 38, Eric(Redhell)&lt;---Dishaw 39-40, RichR and the Mrs.&lt;---Dishaw 28-29 Front Row Baby! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Chris Cass
07-22-2004, 12:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>

Not strangers.

More like a bunch of siblings in the back of the minivan fighting with each other all the way to the beach /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally &lt;~~ included with the squabbling siblings

Are we there yet, I gotta peeeeeeeeeeeeeee <hr /></blockquote>

HAHAHAHAHA Your too funny Wally, and no your not a prk. Never thought it for a min. nor voodoo for that matter.

Regards,

C.C.

Voodoo Daddy
07-22-2004, 01:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>You mean you and Cuemage?

I think the whole d@mn thing started with Cuemage (let's lynch him /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ):

Eric &gt;will be there with sunshine flowing outta my @ss <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah...where is that guy...Tony, your a marked man

Voodoo~~~wont hold it against him for what he started.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Chris Cass
07-22-2004, 01:25 PM
Hi All,

Believe me, just because someone doesn't play the tourney that doesn't mean you won't spend anytime togather. We from the CCB are all over the place. You won't be able to take a potty break without one of us in the next stall. LOL

We've came along way since the first event started. Went from a money thing to a no money thing and still had a good time. I wasn't there for the first one but the second was great imho.

There's quite a bit of controvercy before any tourney ever ran but once it starts, it all disapears. I don't think we lost any scope as my bro thinks. I think it's just a normal thing. Besides, people do have to express how they feel, I know. If one doesn't it can become painful inside.

The good thing is, is that we have many events and we need to understand some will be able to go and some will not. In time we will all meet if it's merely in a particular city or a particular event. Either way, were all there for the same reasons.

Regards,

C.C.~~reasons: to give the poor CC some weight. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
07-22-2004, 01:30 PM
Oh Eric,

Your so funny man. I still can't believe when we met. Your such a nice guy and yet you have this tough NYC outlook. I love it. I can't wait to hit some with you bud. hahahaha

Hey Eric, there's sunshine coming out your a$$. LMAOROTF

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric.
07-22-2004, 01:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> I can't wait to hit some with you bud. hahahaha

<hr /></blockquote>

Your on! I was hoping somebody wanted to shoot some.

Eric &gt;lookin forward to hangin with Cass

Barbara
07-22-2004, 01:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> I can't wait to hit some with you bud. hahahaha

<hr /></blockquote>

Eric &gt;lookin forward to hangin with Cass <hr /></blockquote>

Eric,

CC's going to be way too busy playing his matches in the Open. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

SPetty
07-22-2004, 01:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>Your on! I was hoping somebody wanted to shoot some.<hr /></blockquote>Um, Eric., you'll be spending days and days with pool players. I don't think you'll have any problem finding someone who wants to shoot some. I want to shoot some... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
07-22-2004, 01:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> ...I don't think you'll have any problem finding someone who wants to shoot some. I want to shoot some... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I want to shoot some

Barbara
07-22-2004, 01:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> ...I don't think you'll have any problem finding someone who wants to shoot some. I want to shoot some... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I want to shoot some <hr /></blockquote>

So do I... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

Eric.
07-22-2004, 02:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I don't think you'll have any problem finding someone who wants to shoot some. I want to shoot some... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Cool. Me too. It's not that I was too worried about being a wallflower, I just figgered I'd fill up my dance card.

Eric

Chris Cass
07-22-2004, 02:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> I can't wait to hit some with you bud. hahahaha

<hr /></blockquote>

Eric &gt;lookin forward to hangin with Cass <hr /></blockquote>

Eric,

CC's going to be way too busy playing his matches in the Open. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

I will always find time for Eric. He likes to shoot in the dark. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I hope I play many matches in the Open. Matter of fact. I hope I draw Efren the first round and Busty in the second. The only one I fear is Ralph Soquet. He's my fav.

Regards,

C.C.~~thanks for the vote of confidence. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I need it. lol

Brian in VA
07-22-2004, 05:16 PM
Hi Wendy!
I plan to be there for dinner, perhaps bringing my bride. For now let's just say one and I'll let you know the week before.
Looking forward to seeing everyone again!
Brian