PDA

View Full Version : Do The Right Thing! ----- joke

Rich R.
07-22-2004, 04:49 AM
DO THE RIGHT THING!

The train was quite crowded, so the U. S. Marine walked the entire length looking for a seat, but the only seat left was taken by a well-dressed middle-aged French woman's poodle. The war-weary Marine asked, "Ma'am, may I have that seat?"

The French woman just sniffed and said to no one in particular, "Americans are so rude. My little Fifi is using that seat."

The Marine walked the entire train again, but the only seat left was under that dog.

"Please, ma'am. May I sit down? I'm very tired."
She snorted, "Not only are you Americans rude, you are also
arrogant!"

This time the Marine didn't say a word, he just picked up the little dog, tossed it out the train window, and sat down.

The woman shrieked, "Someone must defend my honor! Put this American in his place!"

An English gentleman sitting nearby spoke up, "Sir, you Americans often seem to have a penchant for doing the wrong thing. You hold the fork in the wrong hand. You drive your autos on the wrong side of the road. And now, sir, you've thrown the wrong bitch out the window."

Wally_in_Cincy
07-22-2004, 06:26 AM
I used to work with a fellow who was about 60 and he spoke in a deadpan tone, like a hillbilly Ben Stein if you can imagine that.

One day he looked at me and said "The French are the rudest people on Earth. My wife and I were in France walking down the sidewalk and met a middle-aged lady. I politely said 'Bon Jour Ma'am'. The lady got an extremely disgusted look on her face and sneered 'Bon SOIR Mouesir' (sp?)"

My friend had not realized that it was past noon.

Rifle-droppers

SpiderMan
07-22-2004, 11:22 AM
What do you expect, from people who eat frogs and snails, with cheese that smells like lepers' feet?

SpiderMan

crawdaddio
07-22-2004, 11:43 AM
It's a good joke, and I chuckled.
However, it's ok to judge an entire people by the actions of a few?(insert sarcastic tone) Wait, wait, there's a word for that...............

CarolNYC
07-23-2004, 03:46 AM
Ha Ha HA HA!!!!