PDA

View Full Version : Ralf Soqet,s Cue

trailboss
07-22-2004, 03:57 PM
Hi Everyone, Does anyone know the cue this guy shoots with? This guy is awsome after seeing him play. His joint is white plastic? and it has an awsome sound when he hits! Any info here? Thanks!

Frank_Glenn
07-22-2004, 04:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote trailboss:</font><hr> Hi Everyone, Does anyone know the cue this guy shoots with? This guy is awsome after seeing him play. His joint is white plastic? and it has an awsome sound when he hits! Any info here? Thanks! <hr /></blockquote>

He is sponsored by Joss cues, so I would think it is a Joss.

cueball1950
07-22-2004, 07:28 PM
You are right Frank. It is a Joss. But the white at the joint is Ivory. Very nice cue Danny made for him.....mike

trailboss
07-22-2004, 08:56 PM
Thanks Guys! That is really nice to know as I thought it was some new joint material. As always you Guys here are very knowlegeable. Thanks for the info!

Chris Cass
07-23-2004, 12:31 AM
That's interesting Mike. When I talked to him in Vegas he was at the Schuler booth. Hummmm I know he's sponsored by Joss.

Regards,

C.C.

buddha162
07-23-2004, 03:15 AM
Trailboss,

That beautiful "thunk" you hear is only partly due to his cue. Ralph (imo) has one of the "loosest" wrists around, and the timing in his stroke is just awesome.

-Roger

Wally_in_Cincy
07-23-2004, 06:45 AM
not the best pic in the world but it's all I could find:

http://www.billiardspress.com/bca2003ralf2.jpg

JohnnyP
07-23-2004, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I've been wondering about that "thunk" sound. Karen Corr's cue makes the same sound on a soft shot.

I thought maybe it was the microphone placement, 'cause I don't hear it when I shoot.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-23-2004, 09:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JohnnyP:</font><hr> Yeah, I've been wondering about that "thunk" sound. Karen Corr's cue makes the same sound on a soft shot.

I thought maybe it was the microphone placement, 'cause I don't hear it when I shoot. <hr /></blockquote>

she shoots w/ a Falcon.

I think it's the microphone. It's on her lapel and she gets down real low.

rocky
07-23-2004, 11:41 AM
Karen also shoots with a Predtor shaft on her Falcon tht may have something to do with the sound that you hear.
Rocky

Cueless Joey
07-23-2004, 01:52 PM
Maybe he has an ivory ferrule?
His break cue of course makes that ugly canvas phenolic tip/ferrule sound.

poolplayer1988
07-23-2004, 05:17 PM
That sound you hear that has a "thunk" sound has many different variables. One is type or brand of cue, another is tip/ferrule combination, and the most important is the tightness of grip in the course of your stroke and contact with the ball. Alot of the Filipino players have that familiar sound, like Bustamante, Efren, and Sambajon. The sound is produced by the looseness because the player is more of a finesse player who uses more english than others and can get more english with a loose grip. I, too, have a loose grip, and my Auerbach with an ivory ferrule makes that same sound. Just my $.02 worth... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif