PDA

View Full Version : Having a Blast in St Louis

Cane
07-22-2004, 06:10 PM
Well, actually Belleville, IL, just across the state line, but here visiting my son and it turned out to be more of a One Pocket trip than a vacation. Hit a really nice pool room in Fariview Ht.s called Brendans. Lee, I assume he's the owner, sat and talked with me awhile when I went in the first time yesterday morning and today my oldest son and I played one pocket for about 4 hours (it was about all he could stand, I'm still ready to fire balls, but you have to give the young ones some rest now and then, you know.

In any case, Brendans Billiards is a very nice facility, 31 tables, only two 100 inchers, but they're Diamonds and are kept up very well. If you ever get to Fairview Hts, give them a shot. Not much action there, but it's nice and quiet and finally a place that knows how to take care of their equipment... AND one where the proprietor thinks pool room manners still mean something.

Heading back to Oklahoma tomorrow, but have had a good time here. Wish I had posted about heading this way so maybe I could have met one or two of the board members from this area, but next time I will. Only had three days to visit this time and haven't seen my eldest in a few months.

Straight shootin',

Bob
Breakers Billiard Academy
A member of the SPF family of instructors
http://members.clnk.com/caneman/academy.htm

66goat
07-22-2004, 06:26 PM
Bob,

Thanks for the info about Brendan's. I live about 30 miles west of downtown out Hwy. 70 and out here we shoot at Planet 8 Ball. Nice little spot right off the Hwy. I'm always looking for new places to play though and with your suggestion, I think I'll try to make a trip and check the place out. Have a good trip home!

stlshooter
07-23-2004, 08:44 AM
Check out the Billiard Bullpen in Collinsville, IL for sure the best tables in St. Louis

Wally_in_Cincy
07-23-2004, 08:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 66goat:</font><hr> ...I live about 30 miles west of downtown... <hr /></blockquote>

Ever go to Chesterfield Billiards?

There's also a bar near there called Hot Shots w/ 4 bar tables and about twelve dart boards. Darndest thing I've ever seen. A dart bar? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pooltchr
07-23-2004, 10:21 AM
<font color="blue"> And I don't wanna die, I just wanna ride on my motor cy</font color>

(cle)

66goat
07-23-2004, 08:16 PM
I'll give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

66goat
07-23-2004, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I've played Chesterfield billiards before. Several years ago. Nice place, but out there everyone has "MONEY" and it's not real cheap to play for a couple of hours. I can play for free at Planet 8 Ball because I'm in the league. Not a bad deal, heh? I would like to get over into Illinois or down in South county and play some. Seems to be a lot more places than up North or out West. Do you live in Chesterfield, or were you just passing through?

haywood
07-23-2004, 11:41 PM
You might want to also check Riverbend Billiards over in Alton. I also remember a little place in Wood River that had some decent action, but can't remember the name of the joint. Might also want to look into The Break over in Cahokia too. There used to be a kid in there named Andy that was just unreal. Then again, that was about 10 years ago too /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

randyg
07-24-2004, 01:09 PM
BOB: See you in Idaho Falls very soon....randyg

Cane
07-25-2004, 02:28 AM
Randy,
Looking forward to it. I'm back in Oklahoma now, but getting the Southwind serviced and ready for the road trip! Been a long time since I've been to Idaho and can't wait to get back. I'll call you in the next few days and work some details out with you.

Later,
Bob

Wally_in_Cincy
07-25-2004, 08:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 66goat:</font><hr> ...Do you live in Chesterfield, or were you just passing through? <hr /></blockquote>

I had a friend that lived there. We went to the IRL race at Gateway in 2002 (nice track BTW).

That was the weekend I left my cues behind at the Chesterfield Marriott and I was almost to Effingham before I realized it and had to turn around and go back and get them /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif DOH!

66goat
07-25-2004, 08:57 AM
WoW, that must have been a bad feeling - leaving your cues behind in a hote. Did you drive the speed limit on your way back? haha I still haven't been over to Gateway. When my son gets a little older I'll have a better excuse to go. I just haven't taken the time to get over there yet. I want to take a couple of test laps. $100 for four laps, or something like that, but Ohhh would it be fun.