PDA

View Full Version : Jellyfish INVASION!

CarolNYC
07-23-2004, 03:44 AM
Took the kids down the Jersey shore yesterday to go boogey-boarding-WELL, the ocean was filled with jellyfish-unbelievable-where the heck do they come from?
If anyones headed to the shore, beware of the jellyfish!!!
Carol~pool-hopped all day /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
07-23-2004, 05:43 AM
Several years ago while I was in the service, our ship had to pass through the Cape Cod Canal....the jelly fish were so thick, you could almost have walked across the canal. They just seem to show up every so often, and when they do, you might as well resign yourself to a swimming pool for a few days.

9 Ball Girl
07-23-2004, 12:04 PM
Hi Carol! You know it's funny you should mention that. I had to go home during lunch today to pop in my spare contact lens (long story there) and on my block as I was on my way back to the train station, I looked down and saw a jelly fish! I actually turned back and looked down again and it was a jelly fish! I'm thinking "now I've seen it all. the sky opens up and it's raining jellyfish!" Like, where the hell did that come from?!

Cueless Joey
07-23-2004, 12:14 PM
Are you sure that was a jelly fish not a gel filler from someone's bra? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-23-2004, 12:26 PM
Nah, it was a jelly fish. Gel filled bra? Joey, you're killing me again! LOL

Cueless Joey
07-23-2004, 12:35 PM
You do live in NY. Some MEN do dress up funny at nights down there I am told. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TomBrooklyn
07-23-2004, 05:33 PM
A lot of my boating buddies have recently indicated sighting an extrordinary amount of jellyfish in the NYC waters and there is a special exhibit about jellyfish at the NY Aquarium now also.

Rip
07-24-2004, 12:27 AM
You can hop in my pool any day /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

....and Jimmy's welcome also...JUST BEWARE OF THE FREAKIN' SCORPIONS AROUND THIS PLACE!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Rip ~~somebody get those friggin' j'fish outtahere so Carol can enjoy the water...fugggetttaboutttiittt! (did I spell that correctly?)

Kato
07-25-2004, 10:56 AM
Ever been stung by one???? Grew up with 'em down here. Nasty little buggers.

Kato~~~been stung a few times.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-25-2004, 11:44 AM
now all we need is peanut-butter fish

CarolNYC
07-26-2004, 03:11 AM
Kato,
No,never been stung-what do you do for a jellyfish sting? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Carol

CarolNYC
07-26-2004, 03:15 AM
Hey Rip,
I'll poolhop with you anyday!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Theres a sign , I think,when you leave Brooklyn, that says something like "you are leaving Brooklyn,Fuhgeddaboudit!" I'll take a picture for you!!!!Then we'll see if either of us are spelling it right-it don't matter anyway!!
Carol~pictures Rips wonderful smile /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
07-26-2004, 03:17 AM
Im telling you Tom,
The water was ONE BIG FLOATING MASS OF "JELLY" YUCK!!
Take care!
Carol

CarolNYC
07-26-2004, 03:19 AM
Hey Wendy,
Now ,I read the book "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn"-now, jellyfish on the sidewalks of Brooklyn-OMG-what next!!!!!
Unbelievable!
Carol

CarolNYC
07-26-2004, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
while I was in the service, our ship <hr /></blockquote>

Im guessing you were NAVY??????????

[ QUOTE ]
you might as well resign yourself to a swimming pool <hr /></blockquote>

Thats exactly what we did,Steve!
It turned out to be a good day after all! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Hope to see ya soon!

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pooltchr
07-26-2004, 05:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>

Im guessing you were NAVY??????????

<hr /></blockquote>

Actually, it was the Coast Guard...3 years, 11 months, and 4 days.....but who was counting???? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
07-26-2004, 07:17 AM
Carol,

There's a few of those signs. One of them is on the Belt Parkway just before the Veranzano Bridge exit. Next time we're heading to LongIsland I'm bringing my camera.

Barbara

Barbara
07-26-2004, 07:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Im telling you Tom,
The water was ONE BIG FLOATING MASS OF "JELLY" YUCK!!
Take care!
Carol <hr /></blockquote>

Carol,

We went down the to shore two weeks ago and it was the same thing in Ocean City. Tons of these little jelly fish all over the surface of the water.

And then there was the kelp - the boys were trying to surf cast in the morning and kept catching kelp.

Barbara~~~prefers poolside...

CarolNYC
07-27-2004, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One of them is on the Belt Parkway just before the Veranzano Bridge <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thats the one,Barb!!!!!!!!
Carol

CarolNYC
07-27-2004, 03:12 AM
Hey Steve,
I watched a whole special on the Coast Guard, awhile ago-you guys are amazing! I am very impressed and ya just gotta have respect!!!!!!!
Nice chatting with you!
Stay well!
Carol