PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Sleeezzee Bags

Rod
07-25-2004, 06:43 PM
Recently and over the past three years or so I have bought and sold on ebay. One thing, well more than one, is sellers don't answer questions. Many do but just as many comes back with a one liner that doesn't give you a direct answer.

It's like pulling teeth they come back that hints on the question asked but don't take the time to explain. It must take so much effort on their part. You'd think to avoid lots of emails they would explain it better not only in their add but to email questions.

One such add never really answered my question. Other than, I take it he's selling a back up CD-R of a copyrighted program. Sounds illegal and a scam. I'm going to turn the guy in, he shouldn't be allowed to do such. If they don't get me, then who?

I said they don't answer emails or extremely late and not on weekends, which brings me to, why are they selling? Retail is a 7 day a week job. If your going to sell be available every day or don't put adds in when your not going to be available. I know retail very well, it is demanding and customer service either makes or breaks the business. Yes you can half ass a business if you like complaints or don't care, but why?

I can list a number of good reasons not to buy from ebay but I'll save you the words. I'm sure most of you have a good idea anyway. I just wanted to rant a bit. OK rant over but many of them are sleeeezzeeeee bags. Be real careful before you buy anything.

Oh one last one that really gets me. Under shipping, No insurance offered. You'd have to be an Idiot not to insure an item. Not necessarily because of the seller, (but don't leave that out) because of, our mail system leaves a lot to be desired. Three times I've failed to receive a package, the first one was uninsured. I was an Idiot! LOL

Some sellers won't insure a package, I guess it's just to much effort and time for their body or pee brain mind to handle. What a bunch of wimps. Jeez now you have to ask most of the time if they will insure an item and don't forget to ask how much. Some sellers like to make a profit on both shipping and insurance. But why do you have to ask? It should be in print. OK I'm done, hope if anything it will raise some comments and make people aware of the sleeezzzzzzee bags. LOL

Rod

Popcorn
07-25-2004, 08:37 PM
I sell on ebay, I have a cable connection and hear when an email comes in and answer often while the person is still at their computer. I have over 2000 feed backs. I have had bad experiance with post office insurance. The one claim I had took almost a year to collect. I think it is like 90 days before you can even file. It is just about worthless. If the item is of any value you have to use UPS.

Rod
07-25-2004, 09:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I sell on ebay, I have a cable connection and hear when an email comes in and answer often while the person is still at their computer. I have over 2000 feed backs. I have had bad experiance with post office insurance. The one claim I had took almost a year to collect. I think it is like 90 days before you can even file. It is just about worthless. If the item is of any value you have to use UPS. <hr /></blockquote>

Your one of the few that takes on the responsibility of retail sales. Many could care less. Yes, I went through a hassle with the Post office. Typical government workers and I know a bunch. Many are my friends.

At any rate the: Send with delivery conformation, doesn't mean squat. I went through that a year ago. It only means the carrier says he delivered the package since in that mode a customer signature isn't required. Your taking the carriers word that it was delivered, or rather the post office is taking their word. It won't get you any money back or the product on the consumer end or senders end. They can claim it was delivered but possibly taken from your mail box. Ya right, it never has or will happen at my address. It has however happened at my previous business address. Even so if it was insured you have the hassle you just explained.

Rod

Rod
07-26-2004, 06:51 PM
I turned the scum bag in that was selling CD-R's. The item is no longer listed. Yet today/yesterday another. I asked how much for insurance, I did that because once again no insurance was offered. The reply, There is no need for insurance. WTF?

I asked again about another question that was half assed answered. I repeated the question and said, answer yes or no. As to the insurance, Will you guarantee I get the package or my money back? Still no reply as yet. LOL These people are a dime a dozen out there. Or am I just the lucky one?

Rod