PDA

View Full Version : Brenda Heras wins Qualifier Spot!

CarolNYC
07-26-2004, 03:09 AM
A few of us NY girls went down to play the Maryland State Championship this weekend!Brenda Heras was one of them!
Brenda plays on the tri-state tour and this was her FIRST regional event-she fought her way through the winners bracket to play Kelly Fisher for the hot-seat-their match went to the hill!
She came back on the losers side to face Kelly, again!Kelly won!
Congratulations to Kelly and Brenda-GOOD JOB! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Carol~Caroline Pao and myself took the cash for 5/6th!!!!!!!!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-26-2004, 10:04 AM
Way to go for Brenda! She had just tried qualifying for the Big Apple Tourney on the 17th and was a tad upset (from what I saw but you know Brenda, she's always smiling). Good for her! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CarolNYC
07-27-2004, 03:00 AM
Wendy,
What was the outcome of that tournament? How many players? Who won and so forth????
Carol~even more happier for Brenda! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-27-2004, 06:16 AM
Duh! You'd a thought I would've posted that, huh. Anyway, there was a morning session and an evening session and I was actually surprised that there weren't more local players in it that actually paid the $300 to play last year.

The first session was won by Danny Barouty. He beat Jonathon Smith.

The second session was one by Marco "Spain". I forgot his last name but if you know Young Mi from Corner Billiards (don't know if she still goes there), he's her boyfriend. He beat Alaska. Marco is the one that Brenda played right off the bat.

Each qualifier spot was in groups of 8 so since there was a morning and evening session, there was a total of 16 players. Alexandra had done it in what would've been groups of 8, with 1 person from each group getting a spot in the Big Apple Challenge. We really expected to see more. Go figure.

Are you going to go?

cuechick
07-27-2004, 07:14 AM
I don't think I know her? Did she come to NY after I left, I thought the report I read said she was from Mexico?

That is great for you and Ca-pow, I am glad to see her playing again!!

9 Ball Girl
07-27-2004, 08:27 AM
Hi Lara! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif How goes it down there in Hotlanta? Are you still on the SEAL tour?

You probably don't remember Brenda. Maybe I can refresh your memory. You were still in New York and you were playing at Corner Billiards when Brenda used to come in and play with Yusef. This is back in '01 thru early '02ish. Do you remember him? If you do, then Brenda should pop into your head now. They both used to play on the Thursday night 9 ball league--can't remember if it was for the early or later sessions. HTH

cuechick
07-27-2004, 09:03 PM
Hi,
Yes I am still playing on Seal though we don't have another tournament till September. This is not ringing any bells for me? Was Thursday night 9ball, indviual? I playe din that? Hmmm, Yusef? also do not know off hand. Maybe if I saw a picture? well, good for her! esp her first Q'er! when ar eyou going to play in some?
Take Care..
Lara

CarolNYC
07-28-2004, 03:02 AM
Allright,Im happy for Danny,the proud "DAD!":):):)
Yes, I know who Young Mi is,but I can't picture her boyfriend!!But good for him-
Im pretty amazed only "16" players!:(:(
What are the dates?
Carol

CarolNYC
07-28-2004, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ca-pow <hr /></blockquote>

Ha Ha HA,
Hi Lara,
Thats funny-yes, she's playing well,always did!!!:):):)
Brenda may be from Mexico,but I think,resides in NY-she drove down with Gina!
Hope to see you soon and hope you are doing well!!!
Carol~thinks the article did no justice for a State Championship!!!!!!!!!!1

9 Ball Girl
07-28-2004, 07:58 AM
Isn't Danny's little girl the cutest! Those cheeks! She's like a mini-Danny! LOL

The dates for the tournament are August 5 - August 8. I'll be there for the Players meeting on the 4th but I think that Masters will be closed to the public by then. Yeah, 'cause that Wednesday morning they're going to be delivering and setting up the bleachers.

cuechick
07-28-2004, 08:20 AM
Danny had a baby????? This is news to me! Wow! Ya leave a state for a minute and look what you miss. That is so great, I am really happy for him! And Kane tells me there is nothing new going on!

cuechick
07-28-2004, 08:21 AM
Okay now I know who your talking about...well that is interesting...good for her!

9 Ball Girl
07-28-2004, 08:22 AM
Yes it was individual 9 Ball on Thursdays and yes you played in it. Remember the time that Tony and I were watching you win a match from outside through the window? I think you were playing on table 9--that first table on your right when you first walked in. I think it was 9 or 6, can't remember which. Anyway, there was a picture posted of Brenda and Gina on AZB but that thread was taken off because some guys started commenting on a peek of underwear that was barely in view. Men. Anyway, if you saw her, you'd know who it is. As far as me playing, I'm in one of my hiatus modes where I'm more of a spectator and helper at tournaments. I never get away from the game and one of these days I'll brush off the dust off of my cues! LOL Probably when I go down to VA in September. Take care!

9 Ball Girl
07-28-2004, 08:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cuechick:</font><hr> Okay now I know who your talking about...well that is interesting...good for her! <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
07-28-2004, 10:56 AM
Thanks Wendy,
I'll see what I can do!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif