PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been identity thefted/abused?

UWPoolGod
07-26-2004, 09:17 AM
So I bid some painting work for 4 Intel sites and got the job. We had to go through orientation and have a background check done on us. It was a very short job that only lasted a week. The following week I recieved a certified letter in the mail from Intel saying that they were revoking access to future Intel sites based on some felonies on my record. HUH?!?! Felonies?
So in the letter they have the background check information from Washington County southwest of Portland. On there I have a felony listed from 1997/8 that my name was used as an alias for a mexican guy. Had a bunch of Methamphetamine/Marijuana charges. Because he used my name as an alias it became listed on my record.

Less to say it has been hell trying to get my name cleared from this but it is in motion. On the court records they actually listed my name as the defendant and the other guys as the alias. So I had to take a day off of work and spend most of the day talking to various people who didn't know what to do. Finally found a person who had dealt with this one other time before.
I used to play baseball a mile from this guys address and had my wallet stolen out of my rig in 97/98. So I am sure that this is the guy but no way to prove it.
Oh well, just wondered if anyone had experienced this before.

nAz
07-26-2004, 01:24 PM
man that suxs... you know if your a democract you won't be allowed to vote for prez. this year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

moblsv
07-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Back in the mid 80's somebody stole my wallet. They got a drivers license made with thier picture and my name and then tried to use it as ID to empty my bank account. Fortunately the teller knew me personally so it was obvious what was going on. She called the cops and delayed him at the window until they showed up.

Nostroke
07-27-2004, 10:17 AM
No but i pay $39/year for a "Credit Monitoring Service"- They let me know everytime someone applies for credit in my name, does an address change, or even asks for my credit info. I would look for one with weekly email notifications. I think Equifax offers that. You usually get on free credit report on yourself too.