PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Archer - Group Instruction in Atlanta

JayCee
07-26-2004, 11:18 AM
Greetings all. This past weekend Mr. Cues in Atlanta held a pool instruction workshop for 25 candidates with Johnny Archer as the instructor. Registration fee was $20 and pre-registration was required. From my understanding, it lasted anywhere from 3-3.5 hrs. Based on the average time each student would get (7-8min ea) do you guys think this would've been a good investment? My initial thoughts were that it could be beneficial if you already had a solid foundation and had one problem that could be addressed in a single demonstration with a brief explanation. Let's hear the feedback.

Popcorn
07-26-2004, 11:24 AM
I think it is very good and more pros should do it. It not only lets them make a few bucks but players wiil get something out of it. I don't care for you 8 minute theory. In collage you sit in on lectures that have 50 or 60 people. That is not to say each only got 1 minute of instruction in an hour lecture. Besides the price is right, little more then one night play at the pool room.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-26-2004, 12:08 PM
$20 ?

I would do it in a heartbeat.

probably not $50 though.

randyg
07-27-2004, 03:50 PM
$20? What's the hold up.....randyg

Chris Cass
07-27-2004, 04:45 PM
What could it hurt. You should take advantage of that deal anyway. Take a photo and enjoy. The price is right no doubt. Is that golf or pool? Either one is good.

Regards,

C.C.

Rod
07-27-2004, 06:00 PM
For 20 bucks you should have went. I don't know in that situation how much time if any you would get. However there should be time to ask a couple of questions.

Now if you said 50, I'd say hell no.

Rod

JayCee
07-27-2004, 09:11 PM
Hello all. Thanks for the feedback. I found out about it on Friday night, but had guests in town on Saturday. I wanted to attend but couldn't due to having out of state visitors. I was really curious as to how much of a difference it could've made to one's game. Hopefully they'll do it again. Thanks for your feedback.

Until next time,

JC

#### leonard
07-28-2004, 05:05 AM
Who in pool would pay Butch Harmon $5000 for a morning lesson? That is why every golf course has a pro and every poolroom has a toilet.####

pooltchr
07-28-2004, 05:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JayCee:</font><hr> I was really curious as to how much of a difference it could've made to one's game. <hr /></blockquote>

Anytime you have toe opportunity to learn ANYTHING, it's going to improve your game. $20 is about 3 hours of table time around here. If you only learned one thing from your time with Johnny, it would be worth that!
Steve