PDA

View Full Version : Rare Billiard Pool Book 1881 (ebay)

nAz
07-26-2004, 03:00 PM
not bad if your a collector, i have very few books but nothing this old. maybe i'll put in a bid at the last moment and see what happens. \

rare book? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29223&item=6915216 942&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW)

Bob_Jewett
07-26-2004, 03:22 PM
That seems to be a first edition of "Modern Billiards," edited by Collender (as in Brunswick-Balke-Collender), and should go for $150 to $250. It's not a really rare book; although nothing is listed on the web right now, it appears on eBay several times per year in several editions.

SPetty
07-27-2004, 08:54 AM
I'm not a one pocket player, but this looked like it might be interesting to some one pocket players out there:

Willie Jopling's The Ultimate One Pocket Tape: Parts I & II (two videos)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1292&item=36907719 42

Popcorn
07-27-2004, 09:01 AM
If you look at his other auctions the labels look the same on many (not all) of his tapes. I have a feeling he is making copies and selling them.

Scott Lee
07-27-2004, 09:54 AM
Popcorn...I'd like to find out if this is true. I represent Willie Jopling in marketing these tapes, and we well definitely sue this person if he is, indeed, copying the tapes for his personal gain. He does mention in the ebay description that the tapes are used, but in great condition. Any suggestions on how can I find out who this person is, and where he is located?

Scott Lee

Nostroke
07-27-2004, 10:03 AM
Buy the tape of course-cheapest/best way to find out and then you have the proof in your hand for the lawsuit.

Popcorn
07-27-2004, 10:05 AM
Some of the tapes look original but a few by different people appear to have the same formatted label like he made them himself.

SPetty
07-27-2004, 10:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> If you look at his other auctions the labels look the same on many (not all) of his tapes. <hr /></blockquote>No they don't.<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr>I have a feeling he is making copies and selling them.<hr /></blockquote>I own several of these tapes, and the labels and cases on these auctions look original to me. I have a feeling he is not selling copies, but is selling the originals.

P.S. I don't know the seller and have no stake in any of this. I just think you're wrong about this one.

nAz
07-27-2004, 11:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob_Jewett:</font><hr> It's not a really rare book; although nothing is listed on the web right now, it appears on eBay several times per year in several editions. <hr /></blockquote>

looks to be in great shape too.

One thing while on the subject of books does anyone know what the oldest book on pocket billiards is and what is the value of it?

nAz
07-27-2004, 11:08 AM
Hey Scott L how informative is this 1P video and what year was it made in?

Popcorn
07-27-2004, 11:10 AM
You are probably right. I guess since it is pool related I automatic attach the sleaze factor.

woody_968
07-27-2004, 11:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Hey Scott L how informative is this 1P video and what year was it made in? <hr /></blockquote>

And if you sell them, how much do they cost?

Wally_in_Cincy
07-27-2004, 12:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Hey Scott L how informative is this 1P video and what year was it made in? <hr /></blockquote>

And if you sell them, how much do they cost? <hr /></blockquote>

these may be discussed at onepocket.org

Wally &lt;~~ doesn't play 1P