PDA

View Full Version : Albuquerque

N8ball
07-26-2004, 05:44 PM
I was just wondering if any of you are from the Albuquerque area? Im moving there from a small town in North Dakota, and am excited to check out the pool scene. We have one hall here and its really good, but im sure that there are at least a couple down there? Anyone been to them? What are the nice rooms? rooms to stay away from? Thanx in advance for your replies.

Nate

randyg
07-26-2004, 08:03 PM
Look up Tom Ricobene when you get there....randyg

ras314
07-26-2004, 09:41 PM
Corner Pocket on Lomas is one of the better pool halls. Another is Billiard Palace or something like that, had Diamond tables. Doc & Eddy's had Olhousens. Been a while since I've been up there. Probably others but those are the ones I've been to.

Place called Golden Billiards on Menaul was a dump. Lots of tables, but pretty trashy.

Vagabond
07-27-2004, 05:06 AM
Howdy,
On Lomas between Wyoming and Eubank.Behind Suzuki(or some Japanese name).known for their food too. Bike shop.Have fun
vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

N8ball
07-27-2004, 09:18 AM
Thanx for the replies guys.... This is hopefully going to be quite a leap in my pool game. I am a medium speed player id like to think...still learning a bit, still young /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Id like to get into a league down there, but dont think that I'll be able to, due to my job hours. But I'll get my games in...late at night /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I've been breaking down my stick at 1 am here, when are the poolhalls open untill there? Id assume later than that. at least I hope so /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nate

McMike
07-27-2004, 04:49 PM
Try Mon. 9 ball tournament @ Doc & Eddy's.
Friendly bunch & a good place to meet players.
Pool halls usually have last call about 1:00 AM &
close shortly after.

Rod
07-27-2004, 06:09 PM
Is the room downtown near the bus station still there? I forgot the name but Jimmy Moore use to play there. Or is that before your time? I dam near got killed there, well not right there but in Albuquerque. That's another time.

Rod

1a2b3c
07-27-2004, 06:21 PM
hell we got time, lets hear the story.

McMike
07-27-2004, 07:34 PM
That place is gone.
Unfortunately so is Jimmy & the train station.
I didn't play pool then but I have heard that your
story is not unusual.

Rod
07-27-2004, 07:56 PM
I figured it would be gone, not exactly an area you want to hang out at. Yes Jimmy left us a few years ago, I think the last time I spoke with him was at a barber shop about a block from there. It seems in most cities the downtown pool rooms are gone.

Rod

ras314
07-28-2004, 10:08 AM
Hey Rod, the story sounds interesting.

I really notice the change in pool hall locations. Started playing again a little a couple years ago and couldn't find a pool hall anywhere. I think the old rooms have turned into army surplus stores and such. Now you have to hunt pool rooms in shopping malls scattered all over the place.

I even found a pool room with about fourty 7 ft coin opp tables!

Ras ~ missing the old days. And missing my old game even more ~