PDA

View Full Version : putting video onweb site

Popcorn
07-27-2004, 01:35 PM
How hard is this to do?

nAz
07-27-2004, 02:28 PM
not too hard you need to have good Bandwidth though, read this article it should help a lot, as a matter of fact this site is good for learning how to develope a website:
http://www.webdeveloper.com/multimedia/multimedia_putting_video_on_website.html

or if you just want to share the video with a few people try setting up DCC check out Crawldaddys post on this subject...
http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=146972&page=1&v iew=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Qtec
07-28-2004, 10:07 AM
Its simple.Are you working with front page?

Q

eg8r
07-28-2004, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Its simple.Are you working with front page? <hr /></blockquote> Besides the print world (news, editors, etc) who uses FrontPage? LOL, I know FP has come a long way, but I am still a Dreamweaver guy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~Not surprised that Q and I don't even use the same web authoring software /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rod
07-28-2004, 11:28 AM
I think your talking to someone who hasn't a clue, Like me. A little explaination is in order or some links. Personally I think I'd ask this question on CNET as there would be a lot more replies. To what I consider a very technical question for many users.

Rod

eg8r
07-28-2004, 12:00 PM
I am not sure just how technical his question is. Popcorn, would you clarify what you mean by putting a video on a website. For example, is this something that you want so that a user can click on it and watch, do you just want something running on a loop that will play as soon as the user loads the page, etc.

The question needs to be a little more clear (intentions and expectations) otherwise a reply could be as equally vague as saying just ftp the video to your site.

eg8r

nAz
07-28-2004, 12:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> I think your talking to someone who hasn't a clue, Like me. A little explaination is in order or some links.
Rod <hr /></blockquote>

Like i said check out the link i posted it will explain things pretty easily, it has helped other people who i sent there.:)

Qtec
07-29-2004, 02:16 PM
"but I am still a Dreamweaver guy".

Wow! You are so cool! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dont you think it would be prudent to know what web software he is using? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

eg8r, if he doesnt know how to put a video on a web page ,the chances are he is not using Dreamweaver.

FrontPage has its drawbacks but that depends on what kind of site you want. If you want to use Flash etc you need DW.
Do you think Popcorn knows how to use FX?
I know I dont. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Is FP combatible with DW?

Q [ DW guy. LOL]

eg8r
07-29-2004, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"but I am still a Dreamweaver guy".

Wow! You are so cool!

Dont you think it would be prudent to know what web software he is using? <font color="red"> No, it is irrelevant. </font color>

eg8r, if he doesnt know how to put a video on a web page ,the chances are he is not using Dreamweaver. <font color="red"> What? </font color>

FrontPage has its drawbacks but that depends on what kind of site you want. If you want to use Flash etc you need DW. <font color="red"> Wrong, they are independant of each other. Do you know what you are talking about? </font color>
Do you think Popcorn knows how to use FX? <font color="red">Do I care? </font color>
I know I dont.

Is FP combatible with DW? <font color="red"> LOL, you are kidding right? That is like asking if notepad is compatible. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>

Q [ DW guy. LOL] <hr /></blockquote> Your entire reply leads me to believe you have no idea what you are talking about. Especially the portion about "if you want flash you need DW". /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~~Didn't think Q would understand the humor

Qtec
07-29-2004, 03:36 PM
First of all, I,m no expert, but I have made web sites with FP including video files. I have both DW and FP. For me, FP is much simpler to work with, due to my limited knowledge. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I asked Popcorn about FP because if he was using it, it would be easy to go through it step by step.
You know, help the guy out.

The point is, if you are making a simple web site you dont need all the functions of DW, FP is sufficient and simpler to work with.

Q [ bought my first PC Jan 2003!! Hey, I remember when the first pocket calculators and LCD watches came out, LOL]

SPetty
07-29-2004, 03:59 PM
Popcorn,

Did you get the info from this post that you needed?

When do we get to see the video? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif