PDA

View Full Version : Drug Tax Stamp

nAz
07-29-2004, 11:02 AM
Wow this is an awesome way to generate cash! lol

Drug Tax Stamp
The fact that dealing marijuana and controlled substances is illegal does not exempt it from taxation. Therefore drug dealers are required by law to purchase drug tax stamps.

The drug tax is due as soon as the dealer takes possession of the marijuana or controlled substance. Payment of the drug tax will purchase the drug tax stamps. Attach the stamp to the marijuana and/or controlled substance immediately after receiving the substance. The stamps are valid for 3 months. Drugs seized without stamps or having expired stamps may result in criminal or civil penalties which may include fines, seizure of property or liens against real estate.

A dealer is not required to give his/her name or address when purchasing stamps and the Department is prohibited from sharing any information relating to the purchase of drug tax stamps with law enforcement or anyone else.

Purchasing drug tax stamps does not make possession of drugs legal. (Bummer!)

http://www.ksrevenue.org/perstaxtypesdrug.htm

woody_968
07-29-2004, 11:36 AM
So when they get busted for drugs they can use the "Im a taxpayer and I pay your salary" routine /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

highsea
07-29-2004, 11:59 AM
I'm sure the dealers in Kansas are rushing out to buy their stamps. BTW, here are the rates:

Drug Stamp Tax 79-5202
Marijuana
Processed $3.50 per gram or portion of gram
Wet plant $0.40 per gram or portion of gram
Dry plant $0.90 per gram or portion of gram
Controlled Substance $200 per gram or portion of gram
Controlled Substance $2,000 per 50 dose unit or portion of unit

nAz
07-29-2004, 12:09 PM
it's getting expensive to cultivate Hemp noiw a days.

highsea
07-29-2004, 12:29 PM
I googled "drug tax" out of curiosity.

Apparently several State Supreme Courts have struck these laws down as double jeopardy. In some cases in Texas, the dealers escaped criminal prosecution because they had actually purchased the stamps before getting busted.

Most states that have these laws use them to go after the dealer's money after the criminal charges are filed. A guy in Montana was fined $848,000, but the courts ruled the fine was unconstitutional.

nAz
07-29-2004, 01:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> I googled "drug tax" out of curiosity.

In some cases in Texas, the dealers escaped criminal prosecution because they had actually purchased the stamps before getting busted.

<hr /></blockquote>

Bahahhaaaaa

smart bastard

Chris Cass
07-30-2004, 09:07 AM
Yep, shows you how smart they are. They boght the stamps and after being servailed they got busted. Dumb $hits. LOL Like the old, you just one a prize, come pick-up your prize as the cops wait to arrest you. LOL

Regards,

C.C.