PDA

View Full Version : 1st Annual CCB'ers 9-Ball Tournament

Brady_Behrman
05-09-2002, 07:35 AM
You asked for it, Here it is
Visit <a target="_blank" href=http://www.q-masters.com/ccbtourn.htm>www.q-masters.com/ccbtourn.htm</a>

Reserve your spot!
Don't sign up unless you plan on attending..Only open to 32 Players. Visit Site for details

Thanks
Brady Behrman

Doctor_D
05-09-2002, 07:52 AM
Good morning:

Checked my schedule, in order to book the tournament, and found that the date conflicts with the New Jersey State Open 9 Ball Championships and WPBA Qualifier

Oh Well !!!

/ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

Dr. D.

Brady_Behrman
05-09-2002, 07:58 AM
WOnder why tournamets still conflict with the U.S.Open..Only had about the same dates for 20+ years now.

Doctor_D
05-09-2002, 07:59 AM
Good morning:

What can I tell you...

Dr. D.

Lester
05-09-2002, 08:12 AM
Brady
Can you add a page to the website, with the names of the entrants. That way we know when we get 32. ***Lester***

Retardo
05-09-2002, 08:18 AM
The Newt has scheduled a tournament during Open week at least the last 4 years-Why Barbara?

Doctor_D
05-09-2002, 08:23 AM
Good morning:

Notified Micaela by E-Mail of the conflict.

Dr. D.

rackmup
05-09-2002, 09:09 AM
Ken (rackmup) is in.

Brady...we also gonna get deals on US Open tix? Maybe we could all stay at your Dad's place. I'll cook, the others can help clean up. I promise...we'll be good.

Whaddayasay?

Regards,

Ken (not a very good player but I WILL sleep at a Holiday Inn the night before the tourney)

Wally_in_Cincy
05-09-2002, 09:42 AM
If some guy named Chuck G. signs up I'll take him in the calcutta. If not I'll take Chris in NC.

Kato
05-09-2002, 09:51 AM
I'll be there for that tourney. I figure I can win some $$$$ in the calcutta. Take Chris NC in that one. Maybe C.C. will make it. I'd buy him as well. One guy you wouldn't wanna buy. R.J., guy can't make a ball.

Kato

Eric.
05-09-2002, 10:04 AM
Hey Brady,

I'm in. Looking forward to this one!

Eric

Kato
05-09-2002, 10:46 AM
Map Quest says I can get there in 16 hours and 22 minutes. I'll say I can do it in 15. 936 miles, no sweat. Anybody got a spare bed and wanna split for a few days. I'll stay for the weekend of the Open.

I just went to the link and signed up. Can't wait, pumped. My first U.S. Open plus all youz guys. Too bad Dr. D and Barbara won't be there. This makes me sad.

Kato

Kato

05-09-2002, 12:49 PM
I will get on that this evening..Thanks!

05-09-2002, 01:12 PM
All right Damnit!!! Why is it every time something good takes place I can't come???!!!!! Stupid @#$%^^&amp; State Champs! Rich, why don't you change the date so we can all go??

Ralph S.
05-09-2002, 01:13 PM
I am gonna be there...Maybe I can get lucky and buy myself for the minimum and go the distance.
Ralph S.&gt;counting the winnings now.....lol

Eric.
05-09-2002, 01:49 PM
Decisions, decisions... Do you play at your tour event OR do you attend your meeting with the Cult known as CCB?
It's not a party if everyone's not there!

Eric &gt;doesn't drink purple kool-aid

Eric.
05-09-2002, 01:52 PM
Kato,

Between all of us, I'm sure we'll figure something out for ya. Just make sure you make it, I think it'll by a good party.

Eric &gt;member of the CCB cult

Kato
05-09-2002, 02:50 PM
Got ahold of Voodoo today, he's in. Party is picking up. I'm probably gonna get to town sometime late Thursday night.

Kato~~~got 1 day to get in stroke............oh yea, then there's the partying stuff to.

Rod
05-09-2002, 03:03 PM
Well don't feel alone Lorri, that's 3/4 of the way across the USA for me. A long trip for a pool tournament!

Brady_Behrman
05-09-2002, 03:11 PM
Visit site to see.

Thanks
Brady Behrman

Troy
05-09-2002, 03:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Brady_Behrman:</font><hr> WOnder why tournamets still conflict with the U.S.Open..Only had about the same dates for 20+ years now. <hr></blockquote>

Maybe because the Ladies won't be in the Open anyway and want to enter some event, somewhere...

Brady_Behrman
05-09-2002, 03:56 PM
Fans are Fans, Most Fans enjoy watching both men and women pros. I feel that I would be hurting my gate by planning a tournament during the week of the Biggest Mens event of the year. I am not saying that because I am affiliarted with the Open, just stating a point. To each is own, just not too smart though...Thats my opinion, and you know what they say abou opinions.

Thanks

rackmup
05-09-2002, 04:14 PM
Brady Behrman <font color=red>gives rackmup the wild 7, one on the wire and the breaks...HEY! The guy spends his days in a pool room!</font color=red>

Lester <font color=red>just the name scares me...gives me the 7</font color=red>

Eric <font color=red>sentimental name...it's my step-son's name...gimme the 8</font color=red>

Mike M. <font color=red>gotta have two on the wire</font color=red>

Voodoo Daddy <font color=red>won't play him. I'll forfeit first before suffering at the hands of the great Daddy</font color=red>

RGC <font color=red>the unknown: wild 7 and the breaks</font color=red>

RackMup <font color=red>plays like an APA 4</font color=red>

Kato <font color=red>straight up</font color=red>

Ross <font color=red>again, the unknown...gimme 1 on the wire and the bash</font color=red>

Ralph S <font color=red>knew a guy named Ralph once...Ralph Cramden...quite a player. I need the 8 Ralph</font color=red>

CueBall 1950 <font color=red>CB...I've heard about you...gimme 2 on the string and the breaks or no deal</font color=red>

Hey...the "positioning" need to begin now!

Regards,

Ken (gonna be a fun time at Brady's place)

Tom_In_Cincy
05-09-2002, 04:53 PM
Thanks Wally. For the vote of confidence.....
Its been awhile but Chuck has to be on his game to beat me.. and the last time he was on his game..

Cuemage
05-09-2002, 04:57 PM
I should get in town Wed night...plan on staying through Sunday...maybe split a room with someone

Tha Cuemage

Cuemage
05-09-2002, 04:58 PM
I'm there...bring me your finest meats and cheeses...

Tha Cuemage

Cuemage
05-09-2002, 05:03 PM
Hey Brady...I signed up but don't see my name on the list...wat's tha dealio?

Tha Cuemage

Brady_Behrman
05-09-2002, 05:08 PM
Manually type in the names! I will do it daily!

Sorry, and thanks!
Brady

05-10-2002, 02:38 AM
Man you must really suck. Begging for weight suits you. I sure wish I had as much time on my hands as you do.

rackmup
05-10-2002, 05:08 AM
From someone as talented as you certainly must be, in a race-to-two, I would need one on the wire, the breaks AND the wild three.

I simply cannot compete with someone that possesses your billiards experience, skills and knowledge of the game.

I am quite certain that if you had the amount of "spare time" that I do, to fine-tune your already excellent game, you could compete head-to-head with the likes of Efren, Corey and Archer.

Respectfully and in awe,

Ken (can only dream of being as good as others)

Jay M
05-10-2002, 06:08 AM
Hmmmm this is the saturday during the Open, right? Unfortunately I have to say that I sincerely hope that I can't make it /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Jay M

Kato
05-10-2002, 06:08 AM
Since I don't know any of you I'll take the 6. I know Voodoo so I get the 5 from him:).

Kato~~~let the good times roll...........right into the pocket

Wally_in_Cincy
05-10-2002, 06:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Thanks Wally. For the vote of confidence.....
Its been awhile but Chuck has to be on his game to beat me.. and the last time he was on his game.. <hr></blockquote>

Sorry buddy! I wasn't thinking clearly. It's just that the last time I played 9-ball it was against Chuck and he tore me a new one. I'll buy you AND Chuck in the calcutta so I'll get first and second either way.

Brady_Behrman
05-10-2002, 07:21 AM
Tom, You forgetting about me?

lol

Brady...
Doesnt mind playing everyone straight-up and I like my chances....

Tom_In_Cincy
05-10-2002, 08:08 AM
Brady,
Now if we were going to talk about how good you play.. your calcutta price tag would sky rocket.. My favorite is still Chris in NC.. But you're a close 2nd..

travellerdl2
05-10-2002, 08:59 AM
Will the tournament be held on 7ft tables?

PS.. I've ordered the Bert Kinister 9ball tapes.. and I'll be ready for you CCB'ers,, After I view these I may even spot y'all the break AND the one.
However, If these tapes do not work... I expect you guys to keep me Humble..
Mark

John in NH
05-10-2002, 10:13 AM
Hi Barry,

Good luck with the 1st Annual CCB'ers 9-Ball Tournament. Since I am unable to attend the tournament due to a prior commitment, I wanted to at least congratulate you for coming forward to sponsor such an event.

What a great way to meet our fellow CCB'ers.

Hope you reach your goal of 32 players.

Looking forward to reading the final results of the tournament.

Regards,

John

Tom_In_Cincy
05-10-2002, 10:15 AM
Brady,
What are you going to do if some of us are still in the running of the US Open tournament?
I just might make it to Saturday this year... LOL

05-10-2002, 01:11 PM
Brady you need to determine what you mean by "Must be a an avid poster" since you have a couple on there with "zero" posts. Those to me are "non-posters". Is 6 posts avid?

rackmup
05-10-2002, 01:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Brady you need to determine what you mean by "Must be a an avid poster" since you have a couple on there with "zero" posts. Those to me are "non-posters". Is 6 posts avid? <hr></blockquote>

By the CCB own rankings...

0 stranger
25 newbie
50 journeyman
100 member
200 enthusiast
400 addict
700 old hand
1200 veteran
1600 Pooh-Bah
2500 Carpal Tunnel

...the closest ranking that would be equal to "AVID" would be the "MEMBER" classification (100 posts.)

Those who are not registered do not show up in the "Member Profile" screen, therefore, their # of posts cannot be determined UNLESS you count them MANUALLY.

So far, using that criteria, the CCB'ers that would qualify would be (from high to low number of posts):

Tom_in_Cincy 564 posts
Rackmup 357 posts
Kato 261 posts
Cuemage 148 posts
Brady Behrman 125 posts
Cueball1950 113 posts
RalphS 108 posts

That's all.

Closing in on 100, of those signed up are:

MikeM 82 posts

Not even close:

Eric 33 posts
Ross 8 posts
Lester 6 posts
Lil Ty LaHa 3 posts

Not Registered:

RGC
Thierry Layani

You should establish a cutoff date, by which, all who wish to play, have a minimum number of posts (that number is your call.)

Those who are not registered or are not close to that minimum qualifying number should be excluded from the list.

Just a suggestion and remember, I didn't bring it up...I just provided you with the numbers.

Have fun,

Ken

MikeM
05-10-2002, 02:01 PM
Just

MikeM
05-10-2002, 02:02 PM
increasing

MikeM
05-10-2002, 02:02 PM
my total posts

MikeM
05-10-2002, 02:03 PM
so I can play!

MikeM
05-10-2002, 02:03 PM
MM

Rod
05-10-2002, 02:09 PM
ha ha ha! Mike, I won't be there but I think a good number is 50 or over. And no Annon obviously. The trophy, cash, whatever has to go to a person with a name! Don't you think?

Eric.
05-10-2002, 02:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;
Not even close:

Eric 33 posts
Ross 8 posts
Lester 6 posts
Lil Ty LaHa 3 posts

Not Registered:

RGC
Thierry Layani

You should establish a cutoff date, by which, all who wish to play, have a minimum number of posts (that number is your call.)

Those who are not registered or are not close to that minimum qualifying number should be excluded from the list.

Just a suggestion and remember, I didn't bring it up...I just provided you with the numbers.

Have fun,

Ken

<hr></blockquote>

Don't kick me to the curb yet! I have posted for awhile under Eric, before registering recently. Though I don't qualify for "CCB bleeding eye syndrome", i've been around.

Eric &gt;member of the CCB cult

Kato
05-10-2002, 02:12 PM
Mike, relax. The CCB sort of kind of Open isn't until September. You've got plenty of time to work on your posting numbers and your power draw. Heck, Grady is an avid poster. Could you see that. Grady walks in and plays? Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vagabond drops by and it's on. Love it. There really are some good players on this board, I'm not one of 'em but I figure lets get it all out there.

Kato

MikeM
05-10-2002, 02:15 PM
I won't rest easy until I'm considered AVID!!!!!!

MM

BTW what's a power draw? :&gt;)

MikeM
05-10-2002, 02:22 PM
Yes

MM

(that's 90!)

05-10-2002, 02:32 PM
"Those who are not registered or are not close to that minimum qualifying number should be excluded from the list."

Well, I guess that leaves me out. I was considering going. I'll tell you why I'm not registered, Ken. I don't think that a registered member should be forced to make an announcement that they're on line or reading posts (listed in the who's on line section). Even though they can categorize themselves as "private", their names still show up. It's a feature that I feel members should have control over. Give us an option to turn that on and off as we see fit, and I'd register in a minute.

Fran

Eric.
05-10-2002, 02:42 PM
Fran,

That was the reason I never registered until recently(peer pressure/moment of weakness). Either way, I think we would be honored to have you rob the tourny(kiddin)! Seriously, I wouldn't mind drawing you and I think this could be a good party. If I win, I'll buy dinner for everyone playing. After all this is the CCB Open, not the other, more serious open.

Eric &gt;needs the 7, out from Ray Charles

rackmup
05-10-2002, 03:00 PM
I'm NOT making any rules here! It's not my gig. The "unregisterd" can at least be counted (it would just take a little work on Brady's behalf.)

Personally, I think the field should be open to ALL (except anonymous posters) and increased to 128 (then we could meet more CCB'ers.)

Regards,

Ken

Ken
05-10-2002, 03:05 PM
Fran, your name will not show up. If you notice the number of members online usually exceeds the number of names that are listed. The ones that wish to be invisible are only counted but not listed.

Most everyone knows that you have been posting for years and there is no doubt as to how "avid" you can be. On the other hand there is a semi-pro player in the field who has been registered for about 2 months and has not yet made his first post.

Someone might register in order to be able to set preferences and then decide "I'd like a part of that $700". We would be better off with a "fun" trophy tournament and let all the money go into a calcutta.
Ken in CT

Voodoo Daddy
05-10-2002, 03:06 PM
Voodoo will shed many pounds before this gala event, quit smoking and hit balls everyday until the tourny...YEAH RIGHT!!! I'm going up to have fun, see some old friends and make some new ones. If Chris Cass dont show, I'm leaving Va. and heading to Chi-Town!!

Voodoo....laughs at anything serious

Tom_In_Cincy
05-10-2002, 03:08 PM
Fran, when you register, you can select options that will make you invisible to be viewed in "who's on line" you can also make selections on recieveing private posts or NOT.

Check out "Whos on line" and the number at the top of the menu maybe higher than those displayed. I know it is when I am online because I have chosen this option. I am never seen online.

Brady_Behrman
05-10-2002, 03:25 PM
Bad choice of words, sorry.. You must be registered and contribute...Sound OK?

Those that are signed up that are not registered, REGISTER...

Thanks
Brady

rackmup
05-10-2002, 03:33 PM
...open a http://members.aol.com/darlingal9/canws.gif

Sorry.

Ken

05-10-2002, 03:44 PM
Well Rackup, keep blabbin' and no one will show! Kaz

Brady_Behrman
05-10-2002, 04:05 PM
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.q-masters.com/ccbtourn.htm>www.q-masters.com/ccbtourn.htm</a>

Tom_In_Cincy
05-10-2002, 04:09 PM
If Brady says they are qualified... That's good enough for me.. Unless you want to contribute (Match $100) to the Added Money, please respect the Tournament Director's decisions.

Besides, you don't have to play to be in the tournament to be in the Pictures. Just showing up is going to be one hell of a party..

AND, Thanks again Brady for allowing this to happen at the Greatest Pool Tournment of all time. The US Open.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-10-2002, 04:18 PM
I think that there may be more CCB posters (reg. and anon.) that show up and have a good time than the 32 players. If you can make it from Texas.. then I am sure there are others that will try from even closer areas.

The CCB tournament is not the big event here, its all of us CCB participants getting together. It should be open to anyone that has been to the Billiards Digest CCB.. Lurkers included.

Why limit it? what could that possibly do but make it look like an elitist group.. we are not that by any means.

the more the merrier..
If anyone really wants to play and the tournament is closed I will be glad to give up my spot.

Alfie
05-10-2002, 04:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Ken:</font><hr> Most everyone knows that you have been posting for years and there is no doubt as to how "avid" you can be. On the other hand there is a semi-pro player in the field who has been registered for about 2 months and has not yet made his first post. <hr></blockquote>

Maybe he contributes more by not posting. /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

IMO, lurkers should have the right to be called CCB'rs as much as anybody who posts, and therefore should be able to play in this contest. The problem is how can one tell who lurks?

A trophy tournament is a good idea. Don't limit it to 32. Open it to all posters and lurkers (lurkers only have to say they are lurkers). More money freed up for food, drink, and possibly a small green fee. It would be more social. And Brady could still make his $100 tax deductable donation to the charity of his choice. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr></blockquote> This is not a quote. Just wanted to see how these yellow lines work <hr></blockquote>

rackmup
05-10-2002, 04:35 PM
Tom...just makin' sure you know that there is a "ken" that posts as "ken" and me, "ken" that posts as "rackmup."

Clear as a cloudy day, huh?

Ken

rackmup
05-10-2002, 04:38 PM
Yeah Kaz...that'll happen.

jeezus.

Rod
05-10-2002, 04:51 PM
Tom, Brady may have a reason to put a limit on the size of the field. Being its US Open week and all. Just a guess.

05-10-2002, 05:01 PM
Oh, OK. That's good to know. Can you log on and change it so that you can be seen, and then the next time change it again so that you're not seen, or are you stuck with the option you register with?

Fran

05-10-2002, 05:14 PM
Kaz, you have to remember that in Ken's cavernous mind he is the only one that matters on this board. Don't ever dissagree with him unless you want a constant barrage of personal insults and don't ever try to make peace with him because that would be too boring for him. He prefers the fight.

05-10-2002, 05:18 PM
You finally figured it out. LOL

Rod
05-10-2002, 05:20 PM
Fran, you can change anytime you choose. I'm set to invisible. Just go to personal information.

rackmup
05-10-2002, 05:23 PM
...tick tick tick

(that is your time on this board coming to an end real soon)

...tick tick tick http://images.animfactory.com/animations/war/bombs/dynamite_bomb_md_wht.gif

Alfie
05-10-2002, 05:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Oh, OK. That's good to know. Can you log on and change it so that you can be seen, and then the next time change it again so that you're not seen, or are you stuck with the option you register with? <hr></blockquote>
Yes you can change your settings any time you like.

When you are visible it lets others know when you are online so they can possibly get a response more quickly from you to a post or private message- in the direction of instant messaging.

The visibility also lets everyone know where you are on the board, what you are looking at, what you are responding to. It's great for the busybodies.

TomBrooklyn
05-10-2002, 05:35 PM
Hi Fran,
You can change back and forth at any time between being seen and knowing what your looking at, being seen and not knowing what your looking at, or not being seen but knowing what your looking at. The last choice is because you can appear as 'anonymous', but everyone can see what the various 'anonymous' viewers are looking at, though noone knows who they are.

Edit add: There is another thing. The above choices apply only if you are registered and logged in. Once you register and log in you will be recognized as logged in whenever you open the site unless you log out. You may however, log out at any time. You can log in or out as many times as you like. You must be registered to log in, of course.

When you are not logged in, you appear as an anonymous poster no matter what your registered prefereces are. If you post in that condition, your poster name will be anonymous. When you log in, you return to the status of your preferences as you last set them.

rackmup
05-10-2002, 05:44 PM
tick tick tick

Troy
05-10-2002, 05:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rod:</font><hr> Fran, you can change anytime you choose. I'm set to invisible. Just go to personal information. <hr></blockquote>

To elaborate Fran, click on "My Home", then "Personal Preferences" to set how we "see" you ( or don't "see" you).

Troy

Alfie
05-10-2002, 05:52 PM
Quote Rod: "Tom, Brady may have a reason to put a limit on the size of the field. Being its US Open week and all. Just a guess."

This is true, Rod, but there should be a format that can accommodate both the number of CCBoardians and Brady's constraints.

IMO, there won't be TOO many CCBoardians anyway. [smile goes here]

Troy
05-10-2002, 05:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Kaz, you have to remember that in Ken's cavernous mind he is the only one that matters on this board. Don't ever dissagree with him unless you want a constant barrage of personal insults and don't ever try to make peace with him because that would be too boring for him. He prefers the fight. <hr></blockquote>

Poor baby Anon thinks it's all someone else's fault. Well child, some "Anon" has chosen to throw crap my way with zero provocation. Maybe that's you, maybe not, I certainly don't care.

Troy

Rod
05-10-2002, 06:13 PM
oops, well I assumed. Did you see me post this?

Troy
05-10-2002, 06:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rod:</font><hr> oops, well I assumed. Did you see me post this? <hr></blockquote>

No Rod, you are invisible. Who's online says 5 registered users but only lists 2, plus 6 Anons.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-10-2002, 09:23 PM
Rod,

I believe that Brady has reasons for the 32 player limit..and they are good reasons too. I agree that there should be a limit and it ought to go to the first 32 players that know what the BD CCB is. And right now.. the only way for anyone to sign up is with Brady's website and a CCB name.
Nothing wrong with this, I think its a great idea. Getting 32 players that have been to BD's CCB in one room is a good thing.

Fair? who cares.. you don't have anything to loose if you don't play. And, if you do play.. the most you could loose is $20

I would rather see a Billiards Digest CCB hospitality booth than a tournament.. anyway..

TomBrooklyn
05-11-2002, 01:10 AM
If this tournament attracts 32 CCB'ers of which at least three quarters are at the Member level or above, and all are at least at the Newbie level, I hereby offer to add the following prize to the tournament.

This prize would be known as the TomBrooklyn Roofing Award.

The TomBrooklyn Roofing Award would be presented to the player that loses the most games. In order to keep the tally for such an award, not only the winner, but also the score of each match would have to be recorded on the tournament score sheet. This award is designed to reward that person most able to bounce back from adversity, to persevere in the face of hardship, and to convert misfortune into achievement; as it will likely go to the person that wins the most tightly fought matches, which will not necessarily be the overall tournament winner.

The award would consist of a certificate attesting to the lucky participant's achievement, and a cash prize of fifty dollars. If there is general support for such an award, I will make it so.

Edit Note: Retracted for reason stated elsewhere in thread.

05-11-2002, 01:58 AM
If you don't care then stop posting.

05-11-2002, 06:34 AM
I am an AVID lurker.
Dan C.

Brady_Behrman
05-11-2002, 07:16 AM
The Saturday that the ccb tourny is going on is the biggest day at the event, alot of great matches,etc.. I may be stuck at the tournament site. But dont worry the tournament will go on!32 players will be finished by 4 or 5 pm. at the latest. Evening session at the event starts at 7pm.

Thanks
Brady

rackmup
05-11-2002, 07:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Fair? who cares.. you don't have anything to lose if you don't play. And, if you do play.. the most you could lose is $20<hr></blockquote>

...the phsychological damage that could attach itself to defeat is MUCH greater, especially to the first few that are knocked out of competition.

The results will be broadcast all over the world via the CCB and whoever is the first to get bumped...I mean, I will never...I mean, whoever that person is will never be able to post here again! The humility I am ...er...they will suffer. The jokes about me...er...them driving all that way just to get pounded...I will...er...they will be so embarrassed. I hope I...er...they can recover form the damage that is certain to be inflicted.

Regards,

Ken

rackmup
05-11-2002, 07:22 AM
Then, By GOD, you should qualify!

Regards,

Ken (so-so lurkers need not apply)

Kato
05-11-2002, 08:08 AM
Ken, just think, the faster we get knocked out of the tournament the faster we get to sit around and drink beer. Also, we get to heckle. Bet you didn't think about that? Sure we get to look like losers to our peers but we can always say we had a bad day, yeah, I got no rolls, and the equipment was faulty and I can't play in this weather I'm used to alot of humidity plus I drove like 900 miles and I'm tired. See, it's ok. Plus, you don't have to show your true speed so you can match up with the pro's and rob 'em.

Shouldn't the winner of the CCB tournament play the winner of the U.S. Open for world domination or something?

Kato~~~worked out an alignment/grip/stance/weight distribution/stroke problem last night and feels good about it.

Sid_Vicious
05-11-2002, 12:16 PM
Damn right!!!sid

05-11-2002, 01:11 PM
Wait!!!! You guys didn't say anything about sitting around drinking beers!! If you're buying, I'll blow off States..... Lorri LOVES sitting around drinking beers and heckling.......

MikeM
05-12-2002, 10:06 AM
I'll even buy for you Lorri!!

MM

05-12-2002, 11:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;Brady you need to determine what you mean by "Must be a an avid poster" since you have a couple on there with "zero" posts. Those to me are "non-posters". Is 6 posts avid? &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

So far, using that criteria, the CCB'ers that would qualify would be (from high to low number of posts):

Tom_in_Cincy 564 posts
Rackmup 357 posts
Kato 261 posts
Cuemage 148 posts
Brady Behrman 125 posts
Cueball1950 113 posts
RalphS 108 posts

That's all.

Closing in on 100, of those signed up are:

MikeM 82 posts

Not even close:

Eric 33 posts
Ross 8 posts
Lester 6 posts
Lil Ty LaHa 3 posts

Not Registered:

RGC
Thierry Layani

Have fun,

Ken

<hr></blockquote>
Hey, it just sounded like fun to me and I wanted to support the cause. I'm an avid reader of CCB and have been for a couple of years. You don't have to worry about me being a "ringer" either - I aspire to pool mastery, but God was a bit stingy when he was doling out my "natural talent" at the game!
But I will gladly give my place to more avid posters. Brady, feel free to replace me if you fill up. I would thoroughly enjoy just sitting around imbibing some brew and "shooting perfect pool" from my railbird seat!
Ross

Ross
05-12-2002, 11:38 AM
Darn, I thought I was logged in when I posted. So I didn't get credit for that last post. Anyway, I'm at a whopping 9 posts now! Take that all of you 3 or 4 time posters!

05-12-2002, 11:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr>Sure we get to look like losers to our peers but we can always say we had a bad day, yeah, I got no rolls, and the equipment was faulty and I can't play in this weather I'm used to alot of humidity plus I drove like 900 miles and I'm tired. See, it's ok. Plus, you don't have to show your true speed so you can match up with the pro's and rob 'em.<hr></blockquote>

well, it's not a rule but there has been a "convention" that we have seemed to follow for years. when 2 ccbers match up they don't post the results. i know i've played it that way as has chris in n.c. and i suspect others have as well. i can't recall ever seeing anyone mention scores or odd facts like "...then he got drunk and peed on the dog."

i suppose that'll be hard if you've got all those ccbers in one place.

dan...not my fault if someone buys a dog that looks like a toilet.

Ross
05-12-2002, 11:46 AM
One other thing, while I'm on a posting binge (for me)! Rackmup - no way you get a game and the breaks! You have to give me the orange crush and one "do-over" each game. I play so bad that the last time I played on a quarter table, I got a 15 cent refund since I couldn't shoot all the balls off the table before the place closed!

05-12-2002, 11:52 AM
Gonna hold you to that one buddy!

TomBrooklyn
05-12-2002, 01:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: houstondan:</font><hr> It's not a rule but there has been a "convention" that we have seemed to follow for years. when 2 ccbers match up they don't post the results. i know i've played it that way as has chris in n.c. and i suspect others have as well. i can't recall ever seeing anyone mention scores or odd facts like "...then he got drunk and peed on the dog." <hr></blockquote>That's true Dan, and makes sense. Therefore, the hastily thought out TBR Award would be somewhat inappropriate and is hereby shelved.

MikeM
05-12-2002, 02:44 PM
I'm countin' on it!

MM

JimS
05-13-2002, 07:11 PM
You can go to your home page and change anything you want to Fran.

MikeM
06-19-2002, 12:01 PM
We are at 21 participants...Only 11 more to go for a full field.

Don't miss out on your chance to shine (or make a fool of yourself, or get drunk, or all of the above) in front of your fellow CCBers.

All of you lurkers out there (Wes!) wake up and register! Then sign up for our tourney.

MM